Rack Rate of new Animation Resort?

DisneyRunner

Original Poster
Do you think Disney will charge a premium for this value resort? CSR would be an example. The rack rate is higher than the other moderate resorts.

Tom

Beta Return
Do you think Disney will charge a premium for this value resort? CSR would be an example. The rack rate is higher than the other moderate resorts.

I bet it will be in line with Pop rates for the standard/preferred rooms, and All-Star Music's Family Suite rates for the suites.

Kamikaze

I think it's $85.00 for Art of Animation resort!

Just, no.

With all the different seasons, room types, views etc, you cannot put any one price on a room there. The only thing you can do is compare it against the other rooms of its type. In this case, that would be the hotel just across the lake. The value rooms will carry the same price as it. The suites might be a little differently priced than their counterparts at All Star Music. It depends on the room size for the suites. Remember, the ASM suites are just two rooms put together. I don't think that these will be quite that size. Probably a little bit smaller.

Tom

Beta Return

:lol: Where did you come up with that?

Just, no.

With all the different seasons, room types, views etc, you cannot put any one price on a room there. The only thing you can do is compare it against the other rooms of its type. In this case, that would be the hotel just across the lake. The value rooms will carry the same price as it. The suites might be a little differently priced than their counterparts at All Star Music. It depends on the room size for the suites. Remember, the ASM suites are just two rooms put together. I don't think that these will be quite that size. Probably a little bit smaller.

You think the new suites will be smaller than the Music ones? Yikes! The All-Star Rooms are already small. The suites are just as cozy with the extra MBR wall and load of furniture in the "living room".

Since they're using the exact same building templates as Pop, I imagine the rooms will be almost exactly the same size, so the suites will likely be twice the size of one Pop room (which I think are the same size as the All Stars).

Kamikaze

:lol: Where did you come up with that?

You think the new suites will be smaller than the Music ones? Yikes! The All-Star Rooms are already small. The suites are just as cozy with the extra MBR wall and load of furniture in the "living room".

Since they're using the exact same building templates as Pop, I imagine the rooms will be almost exactly the same size, so the suites will likely be twice the size of one Pop room (which I think are the same size as the All Stars).

I would figure that the buildings that are already existing (the templates, as you said) are going to be used as the regular rooms, not the suites. Yes, they do have the foundations for all of the buildings, but that doesn't mean the layout will be the same. Especially since the recently released artwork doesn't show outdoor hallways.

Tom

Beta Return
I would figure that the buildings that are already existing (the templates, as you said) are going to be used as the regular rooms, not the suites. Yes, they do have the foundations for all of the buildings, but that doesn't mean the layout will be the same. Especially since the recently released artwork doesn't show outdoor hallways.

Could be.

I'm still not buying the Interior Corridor thing at a value resort. Not even the moderates have them. I think the artwork that people are seeing is merely a marketing ploy, intentionally distorting reality to make it look nicer.

Pioneer Hall

I think prices will be on par with the other value resorts. The idea is to add to the inventory and not make one seem better than the other and create a false sense of demand. The only reason CSR has a slightly higher room rate is because of the extra ammenities that it offers. CSR is a moderate resort with deluxe offerings such as the gym and convention center. Since the new resort doesn't seem to be offering any real extras over the other values I think they will all be offered at the same price points.

Could be.

I'm still not buying the Interior Corridor thing at a value resort. Not even the moderates have them. I think the artwork that people are seeing is merely a marketing ploy, intentionally distorting reality to make it look nicer.

I agree with the interior hallways. Like I said in the other thread...I believe people are reading too much into a first release of concept art. These things are made to distort reality in a sense and not be true models of the finished product. I would be very surprised if we saw a building design that varied significantly from what we already know.

_Scar

I agree, concept art means almost nothing just look at FLE!

Actually, concept art is traditionally VERY accurate of what's in store for the future. Just because FLE got changed doesn't mean the concept art won't be accurate for Dumbo, Ariel, and Belle.

BRER STITCH

Keep in mind: CONCEPT ART is released to drum up enthusiasm and publicity for a project. It's just that - a "concept" or "idea".

Rarely - due to budget, contractor, plan, and other factors - does a final project look exactly like the original concept.

It was, judging from all the posts on here, VERY effective in creating the "buzz" it was drawn and released to generate.

Can't wait to see how the concept develops! :sohappy:

DisneyWall-E

I never ment it will all get changed. Just pointing out that the plan for FLE has changed from the concept art. So I agree that the concept art is just that a concept that can go through multiple revisions.

hrcollectibles

Considering it is still 2 years away from opening.. There is no way to put a price point on it was prices may go up by then.

Also Concept art is just a concept of what something may look like when finished... I mean how many times has a project looked exactly like the concept art???

got2lovedisney

In the Parks
No
I think either the "template" for Animation has been increased or PP is correct and the suites will be smaller. Here's my math (per the concept)...864 regular rooms plus 1120 suites. If it's like ASMu and the suites are just 2 combined rooms, that's a total of 3104 "rooms" which is more than the 2880 of Pop Century.

DisneyJoe

I'm still not buying the Interior Corridor thing at a value resort. Not even the moderates have them.

A value resort will NOT have interior hallways - it raises the costs too much - carpeting, air conditioning all of that enclosed space, fire detection and fire sprinklers for all of the enclosed hallways.....

ToTBellHop

I think either the "template" for Animation has been increased or PP is correct and the suites will be smaller. Here's my math (per the concept)...864 regular rooms plus 1120 suites. If it's like ASMu and the suites are just 2 combined rooms, that's a total of 3104 "rooms" which is more than the 2880 of Pop Century.

They already finished 2 buildings on the north side of the Art of Animation property, so I would imagine the 3rd building in that grouping will be built just like the other 2, making 3 buildings for The Little Mermaid close to the current 1950s buildings. Each building at Pop has 288 rooms, and 3x288 is 864--the number of rooms they have listed as being "regular". The other 7 buildings would then be split up between Cars, The Lion King, and Finding Nemo with 160 suites per building. That does suggest that the suites will be smaller than what was built at ASMu, since 160 suites made of two traditional rooms would require 320 rooms per building, not the 288 that fit into the current footprint. I would imagine these family suites will be better designed since they don't need to retrofit them into an existing space. This would generate some space-saving (e.g. there is no need for two safes or two a/c units and you convert one bathtub into a shower).

To give you an idea:

Normal value room: 260 sq ft
All-Star Music Family suite: 520 sq ft
Art of Animation Family suite: ~468 sq ft

That said, by removing the external walkways, this could potentially get them back up near that 520 number. This may be their reason for removing those walkways and an argument for the concept art being correct--you save money by keeping the existing footprints and can still charge the guests the same amount while increasing the number of rooms = more $$$$$. At $190-300+/night, the added profit from an additional 16 rooms per building easily pays for the climate-controlled walkways. It's an extra $21,000 to $35,000 per night! I doubt it costs that much to keep some interior walkways climate controlled.

DisneyJoe

Structurally it wouldn't make sense for the suites to be smaller than 2 standard rooms - as many buildings will be a combination of suites and standard rooms - and I doubt they will make the standard rooms smaller than 260 square feet.

DisneyJoe

They already finished 2 buildings on the north side of the Art of Animation property, so I would imagine the 3rd building in that grouping will be built just like the other 2, making 3 buildings for The Little Mermaid close to the current 1950s buildings. Each building at Pop has 288 rooms, and 3x288 is 864--the number of rooms they have listed as being "regular". The other 7 buildings would then be split up between Cars, The Lion King, and Finding Nemo with 160 suites per building. That does suggest that the suites will be smaller than what was built at ASMu, since 160 suites made of two traditional rooms would require 320 rooms per building, not the 288 that fit into the current footprint. I would imagine these family suites will be better designed since they don't need to retrofit them into an existing space. This would generate some space-saving.

To give you an idea:

That said, by removing the external walkways, this could potentially get them back up near that 520 number. This may be their reason for removing those walkways and an argument for the concept art being correct--you save money by keeping the existing footprints and can still charge the same amount while increasing the number of rooms = more $$$$$.

The only way I can see to have an efficient smaller room is to remove one of the bathrooms - the All-Star Music family suites have 2 bathrooms - and for many that is a selling feature.....removing a bathroom could give you that 468 sq ft....

Tom

Beta Return
They already finished 2 buildings on the north side of the Art of Animation property, so I would imagine the 3rd building in that grouping will be built just like the other 2, making 3 buildings for The Little Mermaid close to the current 1950s buildings. Each building at Pop has 288 rooms, and 3x288 is 864--the number of rooms they have listed as being "regular". The other 7 buildings would then be split up between Cars, The Lion King, and Finding Nemo with 160 suites per building. That does suggest that the suites will be smaller than what was built at ASMu, since 160 suites made of two traditional rooms would require 320 rooms per building, not the 288 that fit into the current footprint. I would imagine these family suites will be better designed since they don't need to retrofit them into an existing space. This would generate some space-saving (e.g. there is no need for two safes or two a/c units and you convert one bathtub into a shower).

To give you an idea:

That said, by removing the external walkways, this could potentially get them back up near that 520 number. This may be their reason for removing those walkways and an argument for the concept art being correct--you save money by keeping the existing footprints and can still charge the guests the same amount while increasing the number of rooms = more $$$$$. At $190-300+/night, the added profit from an additional 16 rooms per building easily pays for the climate-controlled walkways. It's an extra $21,000 to $35,000 per night! I doubt it costs that much to keep some interior walkways climate controlled.

The initial cost of building them with interior corridors would be significantly higher, and then you have the ongoing utility and maintenance cost of running lights and AC, plus housekeeping. Outdoor corridors are virtually maintenance free, except for the porch light outside each room and a little sweeping.

Structurally it wouldn't make sense for the suites to be smaller than 2 standard rooms - as many buildings will be a combination of suites and standard rooms - and I doubt they will make the standard rooms smaller than 260 square feet.

I agree. The cost of building a new resort is already high. There's no way they wouldn't use their cookie-cutter "value resort template" for all of the buildings. They'd had to pay for a complete redesign, and they wouldn't gain the "economies of scale" savings from construction, which you get when you build the exact same thing over and over.

The only way I can see to have an efficient smaller room is to remove one of the bathrooms - the All-Star Music family suites have 2 bathrooms - and for many that is a selling feature.....removing a bathroom could give you that 468 sq ft....

Taking away one of the two bathrooms would make the suites less valuable than getting two rooms.

I fully predict the new rooms and layout will match the rest of the value resorts, and that the Family Suites will look strikingly similar to the ones at Music - except perhaps that it won't be as obvious that they just knocked a hole in the wall and walled off the master bed.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom