Racing At The Track

Grimone24

Original Poster
I THINK IT WAS AWSOME FOR DISNEY TO GET INTO RACING! IT DRAWS A WHOLE NEW CROWD! THEY SHOULD CONSIDER GOING INTO ADVERTISING OR BUILD A TRACK FOR WINSTON AND BUSCH SERIES IT DRAWS SO MANY PEOPLE!

Pioneer Hall

Originally posted by Grimone24
I THINK IT WAS AWSOME FOR DISNEY TO GET INTO RACING! IT DRAWS A WHOLE NEW CROWD! THEY SHOULD CONSIDER GOING INTO ADVERTISING OR BUILD A TRACK FOR WINSTON AND BUSCH SERIES IT DRAWS SO MANY PEOPLE!

The track was in my opinion a terrible investment. They hosted 2-3 races and then use it for the drving experience. Nascar races would attract too many people and would hurt the rest of the business they are trying to promote...the track is also not suitable for those type of cars (the banks and turns would not allow then to run safely).

Testtrack321

It's called the Disney Raceway near the Poly. Indy pulled out, so now it's just there as a waste of space.

/Me looks at counter.

Ops. Walt turned in his grave again.

Grimone24

Original Poster
slight modifications

With some slight mods they may be able to change it into Stock material! How do you figure in any way that drawing more people is bad! I even meant advertising on a car for a season!

Mr Bill

Hmm... WDW advertise a car huh? Starts playing with a chevy template for NR2002 season. Check Back in a week they might have one.

Testtrack321

Re: slight modifications

With some slight mods they may be able to change it into Stock material! How do you figure in any way that drawing more people is bad! I even meant advertising on a car for a season!

Yeah, but MONEY, mulah, is low. Their experiment proves that racers don't want to spend extra money staying at a Disney place.

And ditto for advertising on a car. MONEY. AND LOOK AT WALT SPIN!

Pioneer Hall

Re: slight modifications

They can't affect the business they are primarilly trying to sell. If they were to host the Nascar event it would disturb the people who are there for the theme parks.

They would pretty much have to demolish the whole track to modify it for nascar. The need banked turns which is something that the track was not made for.

Grimone24

Original Poster
Re: Re: slight modifications

Originally posted by Testtrack321
Yeah, but MONEY, mulah, is low. Their experiment proves that racers don't want to spend extra money staying at a Disney place.

And ditto for advertising on a car. MONEY. AND LOOK AT WALT SPIN!

Hello they are racers and they dont care about a little extra money for a room lol wow

Second Racing is the fastest growing sport Stock Car Racing = money which equals money for disney! even if a quarter of the people who went to the race went to a park or hotel taht spells profit!

Advertising on a Car is also MONEY ads on tv with the car, specials, interviews, games, JUST MONEY!!!!!!!!!!

Pioneer Hall

I know they have no banking, but they are also ovals. The disney track has turns that would not allow the powerful cars to race there. Trust me on this, I know what I am talking about.

Testtrack321

Re: Re: Re: slight modifications

Hello they are racers and they dont care about a little extra money for a room lol wow

Second Racing is the fastest growing sport Stock Car Racing = money which equals money for disney! even if a quarter of the people who went to the race went to a park or hotel taht spells profit!

Advertising on a Car is also MONEY ads on tv with the car, specials, interviews, games, JUST MONEY!!!!!!!!!!

It's a bilboard on a car. It'll cost money. And they'll charge. Second, not to raise offense to any racing fans, but do most of them care about the quailty Disney stands for? Or how would the reaction be? The pansie car?

Also, sure it's growing (fastest, well, I know one growing faster) but does it mean they will come if they advertise? Nope. Look at the same thing you want to reopen, the race track. Lots of people went, but strategicly, it dosn't work out.

And just becaus it has a 4' by 2' sticker with "DISNEY" on it dosn't mean it's going to attract money. It's a lot more sophistacated than that. We have the tastes of the people their going to reach, the amount of luck that the camera is in the right place when the car goes by, and such other things.

Grimone24

Original Poster
FOOL

Originally posted by DisneyInsider
I know they have no banking, but they are also ovals. The disney track has turns that would not allow the powerful cars to race there. Trust me on this, I know what I am talking about.

You fool it has no real turns just three really gradual ones and it has slight banking!
Please know what you are talking about before you start in on something!

MR. Bill you seem real ssmart in this stuff go to www.sftix.com/nascar/indy/WaltDisneyWorldSpeedway_home.htm

Grimone24

Original Poster
Re: FOOL

You fool it has no real turns just three really gradual ones and it has slight banking!
Please know what you are talking about before you start in on something!

MR. Bill you seem real ssmart in this stuff go to www.sftix.com/nascar/indy/WaltDisneyWorldSpeedway_home.htm
sorry it wont link but search for disney speedway it has hosted truck series and may not even need work to host stock cars!

TURKEY

There is no way that it could work at the current raceway.

1. Track isn't suitable.
2. There aren't enough seats and the number neededcouldn't be reached.
3. There isn't enough room for 43 trailers, pits, etc.
4. There wouldn't be enough parking for the MK and the race if the track/seating was large enough.

Grimone24

Original Poster
Re: Re: Re: Re: slight modifications

Originally posted by Testtrack321
It's a bilboard on a car. It'll cost money. And they'll charge. Second, not to raise offense to any racing fans, but do most of them care about the quailty Disney stands for? Or how would the reaction be? The pansie car?

Also, sure it's growing (fastest, well, I know one growing faster) but does it mean they will come if they advertise? Nope. Look at the same thing you want to reopen, the race track. Lots of people went, but strategicly, it dosn't work out.

And just becaus it has a 4' by 2' sticker with "DISNEY" on it dosn't mean it's going to attract money. It's a lot more sophistacated than that. We have the tastes of the people their going to reach, the amount of luck that the camera is in the right place when the car goes by, and such other things.

You are clueless sponsoring a car is full scale you obviously have no idea and it is the fastest growing!

The track is almost identical to Las Vegas Motor Speedway so dont try and tell me they cant race there! The Richard Petty Cars are stock cars again please dont talk unless you have a clue!!!!!!!!!!!

MKingdom25

Re: Re: slight modifications

Originally posted by DisneyInsider
They can't affect the business they are primarilly trying to sell. If they were to host the Nascar event it would disturb the people who are there for the theme parks.

Good point DisneyInsider. Although NASCAR could make Disney some money, making WDW customers upset would far outweigh any benefits gained from auto racing.

Another reason NASCAR would not be a good idea is it's not really in Disney's buisness strategy. Although I am sure Disney could make money at it, it's just not what they do from a business perspective.

Testtrack321

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: slight modifications

You are clueless sponsoring a car is full scale you obviously have no idea and it is the fastest growing!

The track is almost identical to Las Vegas Motor Speedway so dont try and tell me they cant race there! The Richard Petty Cars are stock cars again please dont talk unless you have a clue!!!!!!!!!!!

Advertising is advertising. Disney has though about all of this, from NASCAR to aligning two planets behind the moon at the top.

And this "full scale sponsorship" would not go beyond the car, possibly a nice appearence at a park here and there or a mickey on the hat, but that's it. Sponsors you see on TV ads are

a.) Sponsors of the even (read: LOADS of money
b.) Are regularly shown ads.

And even if your calculations are correct, the capacity and other factors will outway they debate about this.

BTW, as nice as possible, don't call people "fools" or such or you could find yourself banned like a few people here before you. Go look at RobFL's posts. You'll see.

Testtrack321

Re: Re: Re: slight modifications

Originally posted by MKingdom25
]
Another reason NASCAR would not be a good idea is it's not really in Disney's buisness strategy. Although I am sure Disney could make money at it, it's just not what they do from a business perspective.

EXACTLY!!

Grimone24

Original Poster
Originally posted by turkey leg boy
There is no way that it could work at the current raceway.

1. Track isn't suitable.
2. There aren't enough seats and the number neededcouldn't be reached.
3. There isn't enough room for 43 trailers, pits, etc.
4. There wouldn't be enough parking for the MK and the race if the track/seating was large enough.

Once again please have a clue before talking. Seat upgrades are very easy and with one race are more than paid for. The track is suitable and it does have more room than loudon to fit trailors and equipment in!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom