R.I.P Food Favorites

aladdin2007

Just got back from Disney last week and was very disappointed to find out my favorite dessert from Norway is gone.No more Veiled Maiden.Hugely sad.

no way what!!! I was just there and didnt try to get one this time or check, guess I should have gone in. Were they just out maybe or did they say gone for good?

real mad hatter

I never got to try this. but I have noticed that food isn't as good as a whole at Disney as it used to be. just my personal opinion of course.
Whit!!!:jawdrop:..You never got to try a CB..:facepalm:....Yet you think the food isn't as good as it was.?..o_O..curious as ever..What food do you think isn't as good as it was..?..Now I'am a rookie when it comes to Disney food..I've only been 5 times since 2004, so if there's something out there that's not as good as it was,then I've missed it by years...

MountainMedic'sWife

What are, er were, drunken donuts?
Drunken Donuts at the Territory Lounge: Freshly fried donuts that come in a bag where you add cinnamon sugar and shake. THEN they were served with a dipping sauce made of butter, maple syrup and Grand Marnier.
drunken-donuts-glaze-is-butter-grand-marnier-and-maple-syrup-territory-lounge.jpg

Sweet Melissa

Grand Marnier sounds like an unusual choice with those other flavors. With cinnamon, maple and butter, I think I would have preferred bourbon.

GoochDSA

I never got to try this. but I have noticed that food isn't as good as a whole at Disney as it used to be. just my personal opinion of course.

I couldn't agree more. The food just isn't what it used to be. Menus have been dumbed down and the food quality has decreased badly. Yes, there are more options, but quantity is not better than quality and Disney is far more focused on the amount of restaurants offered (I get it, it's a huge part of the business, but it doesn't mean I like it) than the quality of the food restaurants put out. Even the Signatures aren't what they were.

The decline, IMO, started around the same time as the dining plans started to become popular and has only gotten worse over the years. There! I said it.

Last edited:

Bairstow

The decline, IMO, started around the same time as the dining plans started to become popular and has only gotten worse over the years. There! I said it.

Definitely. With the popularity of the dining plans Disney need not put as much effort into having the food or their reputation sell itself because with the plan this food is already sold.

Tinkerbella16

I was just going to ask why do they take away such popular menu items?? I never understood that, but now I see from what the previous posters have said.

Disney Giveth, Disney Taketh!!!!! lol someone said that on here before.. and I loved saying it since because it is so true in some ways. :happy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom