quieter days to go to the theme parks in Sept 2014

I'm going to Orlando in Sept - 10th to 23rd.

I've been looking up a few websites to plan which days is the best to go to each theme park... But every website has different predictions and recommendations!

Can you lot either tell me trusty websites that you go by for your trips to Orlando or can you tell me yourself from your experiences?

Here are the parks that I'll be wanting to go to; Universal Studios, Island of Adventures, Magic Kingdom, Disney Quest, Animal Kingdom, Ecopt, Disney Studios, SeaWorld and Busch Gardens.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I'm going to Orlando in Sept - 10th to 23rd.

I've been looking up a few websites to plan which days is the best to go to each theme park... But every website has different predictions and recommendations!

Can you lot either tell me trusty websites that you go by for your trips to Orlando or can you tell me yourself from your experiences?

Here are the parks that I'll be wanting to go to; Universal Studios, Island of Adventures, Magic Kingdom, Disney Quest, Animal Kingdom, Ecopt, Disney Studios, SeaWorld and Busch Gardens.

One thing to keep in mind is that the Epcot Good and Wine festival starts on Sept 19, so expect big Epcot crowds starting that date especially on evening and weekends. You will also want to check the dates of Mickey's Not-So Scary Halloween party at MK, and Halloween Horror Nights at Universal.

Upvote 0

DVCPluto

Nope! The first MNSSHP party is September 1st. Just make sure you're not scheduling a MK day on a party date otherwise you'll have to leave MK at 4pm!

I'm thinking you meant 7pm, not 4pm? Hours for MNSSHP days are listed until 7p.m. I sure hope it's not 4! That would be scary! (insert knee slap ;) )

I like a specific site for crowds and parade/firework times. I tried to post the link, but I think I'm not allowed to do that. Oops! I swear I like wdwmagic better - I'm just addicted to crowd calendars!

I'm debating a trip in Sept '15... it's really frustrating that the parties are so often (and so pricy). Our home is BLT and we love stopping in at MK at the end of the night. Boo!

Upvote 0

belledream

I'm thinking you meant 7pm, not 4pm? Hours for MNSSHP days are listed until 7p.m. I sure hope it's not 4! That would be scary! (insert knee slap ;) )

I like this site for WDW crowds and parade/firework times:
http://www.*******.com/calendar/september-2014-walt-disney-world-crowd-calendar/#more-13089

I'm debating a trip in Sept '15... it's really frustrating that the parties are so often (and so pricy). Our home is BLT and we love stopping in at MK at the end of the night. Boo!
Pretty sure they start asking people to leave around 4? Or maybe that's when they let people with party tickets enter. I might be confused :eek:

Upvote 0

Tinkerbell397

We were there in September 2013 and during the week the crowds were light at all parks. On the weekend, it was a totally different situation I think because Florida residents visit the parks on the weekends, especially the MK. So, I would stay away from the MK if you are there during the weekend. It is still very hot there in September...I think as hot if not hotter and more humid than what we in NE consider the summer months of July and August. Enjoy your visit and I hope it is Magical! :cat:

Upvote 0

DVCPluto

Pretty sure they start asking people to leave around 4? Or maybe that's when they let people with party tickets enter. I might be confused :eek:

We haven't done a party, so hopefully, someone who has will chimed in. I was under the impression that the MK park hours for both MNSSHP and MVMCP were until 7. If not, I'm gonna be one sad lady - since I was sad enough having to leave by 7!

Upvote 0

belledream

We haven't done a party, so hopefully, someone who has will chimed in. I was under the impression that the MK park hours for both MNSSHP and MVMCP were until 7. If not, I'm gonna be one sad lady - since I was sad enough having to leave by 7!
I know for sure last year people with party tickets could enter around 4. Can't quite remember what time
our dinner reservations at Tonys were for, but I think around 5. And as we were walking there, CMs were trying to usher us out of the park.

Upvote 0

Clamman73

I know for sure last year people with party tickets could enter around 4. Can't quite remember what time
our dinner reservations at Tonys were for, but I think around 5. And as we were walking there, CMs were trying to usher us out of the park.
They shouldn't be until 7

Upvote 0

DisneyJoe

Those with party tickets can enter with those tickets at 4pm.

They begin making announcements about the party about 6pm to sell more tickets if they are available.

At 7 pm you must leave the park unless you have a party ticket.

Upvote 0

DVCPluto

Since I feel bad about hijacking this thread lol, back to what the OP was asking...

Here's what I do as far as crowds. 1st, I look at the time of year. You're going in sept, so chances are crowds will be relatively low. 2nd, I see if there are any holidays, park events, cheerleaders, tour groups, etc., that might impact a specific park (which you can mostly find on wdw magic). 3rd, I search for crowd calendars, compare them, but don't go too crazy. Sometimes, the Universal/sea world/other parks crowd calendars conflict with wdw park crowd calendars. Don't worry about it too much because the time of year you are going should be lower.

In sept., there should be less tour groups, hardly any cheerleaders or sports groups, since they should be in school, but WDW wants more people, so MNSSHP and F&W appear earlier and earlier in the year. I'm sure whatever you are planning will be great!! :)

Upvote 0

smk

The MNSSHP party tickets are a separate purchase from a ticket to the parks. The party starts at 7 PM, people with party tickets (62 dollars each) are allowed to enter the parks at 4PM. Day visitors to MK are asked to leave the park starting at 7PM and allowed in the shops etc...to finish up their meals etc, but pretty much swept towards the exit of the park by CM"S. After 7, every rider/guest in the park must have a wristband showing they have paid to stay for the party, which ends at midnight.

Upvote 0

SMS55

It is still very hot there in September...I think as hot if not hotter and more humid than what we in NE consider the summer months of July and August. Enjoy your visit and I hope it is Magical! :cat:

Yes September is still summer down here. It is just as hot and humid as June, July. Typically June and September are the rainiest months of the year, but the typical pattern is of an afternoon thunderstorm that will pass quickly. It's also the peak of the hurricane season. We don't get threatened every day and we haven't had one his Florida in 9 years, but it something to be aware of. It's also supposed to be an El Nino year, so that lowers the chance of hurricanes forming.

Upvote 0

SMS55

early to mid September the kids are back in school. The weeks should be relatively slow. Expect a little more traffic on the weekend as Floridians will come in for the weekend but it shouldn't be too bad.

Upvote 0

loriloughs

That's a lot of theme park-ing! I suggest that you only theme park 2 to 3 days in a row and take a day off in between. You don't want to get theme park burnout. Also don't do DisneyQuest if you have to pay for it. So not worth it. I used to buy "The Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World" and found them very reliable, but now there are tons of websites. I love this site, but also look at allears net, undercover tourist, mouse savers, easy wdw has cheat sheets with nice pdf maps. One other little bit of advice-get to the parks early and RUN to the headliner attraction, even if you have fastpasses.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom