quiet working places

maryszhi

as i have said in a previous post, i am seriously considering a fall break trip to disney in october. one of my classes is an online class and will still be meeting while at the world. besidesmy resort room, are there any good places to study and do the class.
thanks!

dreamfinder

Depends on how quiet you need, and if you need WiFi the entire time. Most of the deluxe resorts have little nooks and crannies that are great to just sit and chill. For instance AKL has a handful of porches outside, and chairs along the hallways inside where you can hang out and watch the animals, and it's fairly quiet. Beach/Yacht club has chairs and nooks as well. So does Boardwalk, plenty of places around Poly and GF, etc. Most of the moderates will have green space where you can do the same, but values would be a stretch.

In park may be tougher. The rose garden area at MK might work, but may get loud when the castle show goes off. TSI is always a great place, but I have no idea if they stuck a WiFi access point on the island or not. AKL has plenty of benches in the paths around the Oasis that are usually left alone. Epcot, just go ride JII3 a few times, no one will bother you there..... DHS, maybe go hang out in the courtyard over at the animation building.

Upvote 0

maryszhi

Original Poster
Depends on how quiet you need, and if you need WiFi the entire time. Most of the deluxe resorts have little nooks and crannies that are great to just sit and chill. For instance AKL has a handful of porches outside, and chairs along the hallways inside where you can hang out and watch the animals, and it's fairly quiet. Beach/Yacht club has chairs and nooks as well. So does Boardwalk, plenty of places around Poly and GF, etc. Most of the moderates will have green space where you can do the same, but values would be a stretch.

In park may be tougher. The rose garden area at MK might work, but may get loud when the castle show goes off. TSI is always a great place, but I have no idea if they stuck a WiFi access point on the island or not. AKL has plenty of benches in the paths around the Oasis that are usually left alone. Epcot, just go ride JII3 a few times, no one will bother you there..... DHS, maybe go hang out in the courtyard over at the animation building.
thank you so much!

Upvote 0

onesandzeros

The third floor at the Contemporary has lots of quit space and Fort Wilderness Lodge
has several alcoves on the upper floors surrounding the main lobby. At PORS the pools
over in the mansion area might be worth exploring.

Upvote 0

Mickey87

The third floor at the Contemporary has lots of quit space and Fort Wilderness Lodge
has several alcoves on the upper floors surrounding the main lobby. At PORS the pools
over in the mansion area might be worth exploring.
Read my mind. I usually stay at the Contemporary and there is an area on the floor with Chef Mickey's and the shops that is sort of far enough away from all the commotion. It is by some windows overlooking the lake, and when the sun is going down it is absolutely hypnotizing.

Also on the floor below Chef Mickey's and above the main lobby is a level that is pretty darn quiet. I met some family from out of town there. It offers nice privacy while still in the Contemporary atmosphere. The only real commotion comes from people coming down or up from the escalator a few feet away. But again generally quiet.

Upvote 0

onesandzeros

Read my mind. I usually stay at the Contemporary and there is an area on the floor with Chef Mickey's and the shops that is sort of far enough away from all the commotion. It is by some windows overlooking the lake, and when the sun is going down it is absolutely hypnotizing.

Also on the floor below Chef Mickey's and above the main lobby is a level that is pretty darn quiet. I met some family from out of town there. It offers nice privacy while still in the Contemporary atmosphere. The only real commotion comes from people coming down or up from the escalator a few feet away. But again generally quiet.

The floor below Chef Mickey’s is the third floor. If you walk down the hall in either direction you get into the convention areas. The south wing ( ?? toward Epcot) wraps around into several rooms and a business center.

Upvote 0

Mickey87

The floor below Chef Mickey’s is the third floor. If you walk down the hall in either direction you get into the convention areas. The south wing ( ?? toward Epcot) wraps around into several rooms and a business center.
Ah, thank you. I can never remember what floor that is. It seems so relaxing on that floor. I would love to see the other rooms someday. I always feel like I am the only one on that floor.

Upvote 0

Blueskyze

How about the Writer's Stop in DHS? When I was in there, it was pretty quiet and there were several people in there curled up reading books (it was raining outside). I had to take an unexpected conference call last month from MK, and I couldn't find a quiet place to do it. I ended up standing inside the Frontier Mercantile and just moving around when people walked by. Not ideal!

Upvote 0

erstwo

No matter which resort we stay at, my husband usually has great luck working beside the resorts 'quiet pool.' At MK - in the Rose Garden or the 'Noodle Station' (in Tomorrowland? on the back side of MILF? - Can't remember it's full name.) At Epcot - so many fun places in the World Showcase. DHS - Writer's Stop. AK - one of the back tables at Flametree BBQ.
I hope you go and have tons of fun! I wish I had known about WDW when I was in college - so much easier to just get up and go at your age! :D

Upvote 0

l4dybu6

I agree completely with everyone saying the contemporary! You can also find some semi-quiet places in Innoventions at Epcot and in the world showcase. The area near the quick service Japanese restaurant is usually pretty quiet (As is that restaurant itself)
Hmmm.... The area around the indoor firepit at AKL is warm and quiet at night! (It's AMAZING when its cold out, too :) )

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom