Quick Review of the Yacht Club

YozhikRoth

Original Poster
Was shipped off to the Yacht Club for a conference this week, and I thought I'd throw in a quick review.
  1. Last trip, the CBR texted me my room assignment at the airport. I never received my room assignment, despite completing online check in. As there were only two cast members manning check in, it took quite a while to check in.
  2. Room-definitely a little unusual being in a hotel without scores of kids running around. Room was significantly larger than the CBR room I stayed in during my February visit.
  3. Beds and sheets were more comfortable, with pillows being noticeably firmer.
  4. Actual bathroom was very small, with barely any clearance between the door and toilet. Bath was clean and shower pressure was good,
  5. Not an issue as I was alone, but curious that there was no barrier between the sinks and the room. The CBR had barn doors to gain a level of privacy.
  6. Plenty of outlets, and in reasobable places. This was a big issue at the CBR, as there were no outlets at the desk or the nightstand.
  7. The lack of a QSR restaurant was a little puzzling to me, I ended up going out to Stormalong bay to the poolside cafe.
  8. As the conference was feeding us, I didn't need to seek out any of the sit-down restaurants.
  9. Stormalong bay was excellent for a swim, especially later in the evening, as the pool was kept warm.
  10. Easy walk to the Boardwalk and to Epcot.
  11. As I was working, I can't comment on the bus service to the parks. Epcot is a 1/3 mile walk (the conference gave us each an after 3pm pass).
If I were traveling with my kids, all things equal, despite the incredible pool, the lack of a QSR (yes I know the Beach Club next door has one) would lead me to pick another hotel onsite.

fractal

regarding QS - There is a Marketplace over on the Beach Club side but it's small and limited - can also go over to Boardwalk side and of course EPCOT, but that kinda defeats the purpose of "Quick" Serve.

thanks for the review. Stayed at BC a couple times and it's my favorite resort (so far), but the QS is a "Con".

Jon81uk

The lack of a quick service place other than Hurricane Hanna's and the counter inside the shop at the Beach Club is what put me off the Beach club, Yacht Club and to some extent the Boardwalk.
Even at the monorail resorts there are very limited QS counters IMO.

HauntedMansionFLA

regarding QS - There is a Marketplace over on the Beach Club side but it's small and limited - can also go over to Boardwalk side and of course EPCOT, but that kinda defeats the purpose of "Quick" Serve.

thanks for the review. Stayed at BC a couple times and it's my favorite resort (so far), but the QS is a "Con".
Is the BCor YC worth it especially in December when the MK has a Holiday party almost every night?

surfsupdon

You are correct in your view of how great it is to be staying at a Disney Resort and not have kids running around all over the place. Both Yacht Club and BoardWalk have a huge pro for our needs, in that more young adults and couples stay at these properties.

And I get that most Deluxe Resorts do not have a food court, but I find that Beach Club Marketplace has terrific options for B,L,D. Hanna's has great lunch options too, and I am happy both locations have more options than burgers. Their sandwiches are very, very good.

CheshireCat12

When we stayed at Yacht Club we ate onsite once, at the Boardwalk once, but otherwise we ate a lot in the parks. Didn't bother us a bit. The proximity of the WS at Epcot was a plus for good eats.

cornandacobb

Plenty of quick options in Hannah's, Beach Club Marketplace, the Boardwalk area and Swan & Dolphin. Nothing as convenient as stepping out of the elevator into a QS restaurant but still plenty of options within walking distance. BC Marketplace and Hannah's are on-site. The Crew's Cup also serves food. Lunch and dinner menu.
I have stayed at the YC 3 times and never missed having a QS spot.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Meh, folks don't realize that they just need to walk out to the dock and grab the next Friendship heading to Epcot and hop off at the Boardwalk... problem solved

Belle View Lounge for Breakfast

Leaping Hourse Libations for lunch/supper

DisneyJoe

Plenty of quick options in Hannah's, Beach Club Marketplace, the Boardwalk area and Swan & Dolphin. Nothing as convenient as stepping out of the elevator into a QS restaurant but still plenty of options within walking distance. BC Marketplace and Hannah's are on-site. The Crew's Cup also serves food. Lunch and dinner menu.
I have stayed at the YC 3 times and never missed having a QS spot.
I agree, and we love Captain's Grille, even though it is table service, there is almost never a wait; and for a quick bite when I am there for business, we usually grab something at the Ale and Compass, just off the lobby.

jlsHouston

The very best chocolate croissants are at the BC Marketplace. I have this from the granddaughter and I have to make regular runs early in the am from whatever resort we are staying to purchase these bakery items for her

lemon meringue

Meh, folks don't realize that they just need to walk out to the dock and grab the next Friendship heading to Epcot and hop off at the Boardwalk... problem solved

Belle View Lounge for Breakfast

Leaping Hourse Libations for lunch/supper
I stayed at Boardwalk Inn this past September. Maybe something has changed but when I was there the breakfast at Belle View Lounge consisted of pastries, bagels, yogurt cups, cut melon pieces and coffee. There weren't any cooked items or proteins. Leaping Horse Libations is the pool bar/snack area and the food there consisted of a choice of three cold sandwiches or a hotdog. Again, maybe it's changed but as of eight months ago it wasn't anything special. The pool bar at Yacht Club/Beach Club, Hurricane Hannah's, actually has way more selection and variety. They generally open at 11:00 AM for lunch and stay open until about 10:00 PM although sometimes the grill closes early.

jlsHouston

It's not the same when you need to get your crew fed and out the door to get to the parks early, or looking for a quick dinner after a long day at the parks.

I honestly agree with these opinions about the lack of inside qs dining choices at the EPCOT resorts except for Dolphin. Yes BC has the Marketplace and yes it has the best chocolate croissants but it has limited seating and is more a store than a dining establishment. YC is basically lounges or FS. BWI is actually the worse in my opinion as far as qs choice because nothing is accessible from the inside of the resort itself and once again you run into limited seating options or you are eating out in the elements. Which honestly I just don't like sweating or freezing over my food and yes I do get cold in Florida because I live in Houston and when it drops into the 70's I feel cold. I also prefer to stay dry when I eat. BWI is really lacking in qs seating for dining.
Of course the lack of qs doesn't make the EPCOT group less desirable to me, because I still love all the resorts and the proximity to HS and EPCOT and the pools and the general feel for that area. Not like I lose weight or too much time because of food availability when I stay at one of those resorts. But I agree it sometimes is a factor as to whether I pick an EPCOT resort or monorail resort for one of our visits.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom