Quick Question | Why did sooo many people flock to Pandora everyday?

DreamalittleDisney

Probably in the minority but I found the layout of the land confusing there fidnt seem a very good flow for people to walk around.

Did FOP is Oct18 thought it was amazing but due to above walked in, got green beer, rode FOP and then left Haven't done river journey planning on doing that in May2020

DCLcruiser

Probably in the minority but I found the layout of the land confusing there fidnt seem a very good flow for people to walk around.

Did FOP is Oct18 thought it was amazing but due to above walked in, got green beer, rode FOP and then left Haven't done river journey planning on doing that in May2020
River is a snoozer. Makes UoE seem like an E ticket.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Probably sounds redundant considering how beautiful the land is, but why do the general public visit it and overflow it from opening day to now? Is it because of the beautiful land or is it the IP? Avatar is not an IP many obsess over, so why are the crowds are comparable to the massive IP of Harry Potter?

FOP

Da Bird is Da Word

I think it is the IP that drew people in. A lot of people love to hate on Avatar, but the film is the highest grossing of all time. And when people hate on Avatar, they’re mostly critiquing the story/characters. There are people that like the movie (me!), by the way, but even the most ardent haters admit that the film itself is beautiful and the special effects are incredible. Avatar Land draws people in not because of the film’s plot or it’s characters, but because it’s based on an amazing fictional place that many people want to go to.

erasure fan1

Avatar Land draws people in not because of the film’s plot or it’s characters, but because it’s based on an amazing fictional place that many people want to go to.
Personally I think the IP avatar, is only a small part of the draw. The land works because it was extremely well themed with a unanimously loved attraction. I have a hard time believing that if FOP was a dragon ride in the beastly kingdom, that it would be any less popular. I've said it before, a successful land will have great theming and be anchored by a great attraction. The IP is only a very small part of it.

The_Jobu

It's all about the FOP. A great ride is a great ride and brings people. A meh ride is meh, regardless of IP (see Falcon).

Also, those hamburger pods are awesome. Maybe that's just me though....

Marc Davis Fan

For all its positives, DAK still has a pretty mediocre ride roster outside Pandora. Really only four rides. Three of which have limited audience. Everest as a coaster, Dinosaur and Kali for sucking and being very bumpy and the other getting you soaking wet.

This right here. It's a combination of the limited number of worthwhile "ride"-type attractions at DAK, the hype about "something new and big," and of course Pandora being superb quality.

Parenthetically, I've never understood the dislike for Dinosaur. I know it's no Indiana Jones (though as Martin says, it should be appreciated on its own merits, rather than compared just because we theme park fans know it's the same ride system), it would have been much better with the original budget (also something we only consider because we're theme park fans with inside knowledge), and there are often maintenance issues - but if you judge it on its own merits without comparing it to IJA just because of the ride system, or comparing it to concept art/plans for the higher-budget version, it's hard for me to see how anyone would reach the conclusion that it's not a great attraction. I first went on it before IJA and without any prior knowledge, and it blew me away - the detail, the animatronics, the thrills, the exciting pace, pretty much everything.

Also, 100% agreed on Kali. It would be a nice c-ticket attraction if there weren't an ever-present risk of getting absolutely soaked to the bone and walking around in stinky sneakers the rest of the day. It wouldn't really take anything away from they experience if they toned down the splash a bit (and I think that's technically feasible). Otherwise, the wetness-level really removes it from the park's already-limited roster a lot of the time (e.g., imagine if Splash Mountain got you that wet).

mergatroid

Because people enjoy it, it's interesting visually and FOP is incredibly well received. When 'Avatarland' was announced people were falling over themselves on here saying how terrible and unsuccessful it would be. Folks making claims that there wasn't another person they'd met who'd seen the film and enjoyed it or that would bother going if Disney built it. This went on night and day for a few years with some seemingly unable to hide their excitement at how terrible it would be. After it was built and opened, many went very quiet and moved onto complaining about something else as lots of people visited and enjoyed this land.

Rosanne

The parks are bursting at the seams with no signs of slowing. Anything new and shiny will get mobbed. Doesn’t help in this case that Pandora is very well done.
I cant wait for Star Wars to open so the crowds flock there & lessen lines in Pandora

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom