Quick Question on AP vouchers

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
If I buy an AP online and get the voucher mailed to me, it doesn't 'start' until I use it for the 1st time, correct? This is a new AP and not a renewal.

:wave: Thanks!

krankenstein

You are correct. You have to take the voucher to a guest relations window at one of the parks or DtD to have it activated. On the day they activate your AP, you will have one calender year before it expires.

Upvote 0

mousefan1972

are you able to start using the benefits from the ap before going to guest relations to activate like hotel rooms and tours?

Yes, as long as you have the activated AP before you check into the resort (if you have booked a room using an AP discount) and before you take the tour. (Again, assuming you booked the tour w/an AP discount)

Upvote 0

DznyGrlSD

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
One other question - can you log onto the AP website with your voucher code to take a look at the benefits?

Upvote 0

mousefan1972

One other question - can you log onto the AP website with your voucher code to take a look at the benefits?

Yup. When you click on "passholders", you will be prompted to enter the info on the back of your pass (or voucher). It will ask you to check whether it is an active pass or exchange voucher. You can also check a box to have the info saved on your computer, so you don't have to re-enter it each time you log on.

Upvote 0

MyLittleAngels

You can check into a hotel without having your voucher converted into your pass, but they may require you to return that evening and show the pass .. At least, that's been my experience for the past several years!

Upvote 0

imamouse

When you receive the voucher, check the letter for an 800 (yes - toll free) number for passholders to use. When I purchased my original AP voucher in 2003 (at a Disney store in my local mall), the 800 # was printed on receipt. I called that number to make reservations w/o holding in queue (or so it seemed at the time). I just wonder if an 800 number still exists or if it's been replaced with the passholder line (407.560.7277).

Upvote 0

Wendy517

No more 800 numbers for WDW. :( I just got our vouchers, and the letter attached lists only the 1-407-560-7277 (Passholder) line. Even so, the last couple times I've called the 'regular' WDW Reservation line, I haven't had excessively long wait time. As a matter of fact, when the new AP rates came out for October, I couldn't fine the Passholder number, so I called the regular number, and my entire conversation took just 7 minutes. Maybe they've finally got enough CMs to man all the phones! :)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom