Quick question about ordering DDE card

lawyergirl77

I am going to be purchasing my AP vouchers shortly, but I was wondering how I go about ordering a DDE card for my DH and I. Do we have to have activated APs in order to get the card, or will there be some sort of confirmation number on the vouchers to be able to get approved?

Finally, does anyone have any idea what the wait times are on the cards right now? Our trip is at the end of August, and so I want to make sure that I order everything in plenty of time (but I need to do some creative accounting first! :animwink: )

AEfx

1) Although I don't know what the offical stance is, it seems people HAVE been able to do it with just a voucher. They will ask for the number, so make sure you have them in-hand before calling.

2) I ordered mine in mid-march, my credit card was charged in mid-april, and I recieved my cards in late-May, one week after I returned home, LOL.

You can pick up a letter verifying it at Epcot guest relations, though. Some people are reporting that they won't snail mail the letter anymore, yet I know others who have gotten a mailed letter recently. They definately will not e-mail the letters anymore - that is certain.

I had no problem using the old e-mail letter, however. Didn't have one single server question it, and all were aware of the discount. So even if you don't get the offical printed cards in time, you will be able to use the discount.

Good luck!

AEfx

Upvote 0

dxwwf3

AEfx said:
You can pick up a letter verifying it at Epcot guest relations, though.

So even if you don't get the offical printed cards in time, you will be able to use the discount.

I thought VonDrake said that they do not let you pick up a letter of authorization at Epcot's Guest Relations anymore. Maybe I misread him though. I hope that you are right with these above statements, so we can join and use the card on this trip.

Upvote 0

lawyergirl77

Original Poster
dxwwf3 said:
I thought VonDrake said that they do not let you pick up a letter of authorization at Epcot's Guest Relations anymore. Maybe I misread him though. I hope that you are right with these above statements, so we can join and use the card on this trip.
Ditto - I thought that now that the initial rush was over, letters were a thing of the past... It's why I'm getting antsy about ordering everything...

Upvote 0

AEfx

dxwwf3 said:

Hmmm...I didn't read that. Will have to look. The most recent person I know who picked one up was around the 20th of last month.

I can't imagine them not offering some option for this - the lead time for cards is ridiculous.

AEfx

Upvote 0

AEfx

lawyergirl77 said:
Ditto - I thought that now that the initial rush was over, letters were a thing of the past... It's why I'm getting antsy about ordering everything...

I could be completely wrong. Can only tell you what my experience has been, and people I know. As I said, I know that someone picked up a letter around May 20th.

If I'm wrong, then /slap me silly. It seems as if JP has gone for the night - best idea then is to call DDE and ask them, as it seems their policies change rather quickly.

AEfx

Upvote 0

dxwwf3

AEfx said:
I can't imagine them not offering some option for this

No kidding. Not everyone gets their AP vouchers that far in advance. Especially when we didn't know, at the time, that we would to order the DDC that far in advance.

Upvote 0

dxwwf3

AEfx said:
best idea then is to call DDE and ask them, as it seems their policies change rather quickly.

Planning on doing so first thing in the morning. Didn't get a chance today, but will have to be done tomorrow.

Upvote 0

pucks98

I picked up a letter at Epcot Guest relations about 3 weeks ago. Had no problem other than the fact you have to leave the park (guest relations is outside the entrance) to pick it up. The other issue is that it won't be available until after 5:30 pm on the day you order.

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

Hi there all, Yes, I believe that JP had said that the letters were being phased out. When this program initially was implemented for AP holders, it was AMAZING how long the wait time was on the phones to get through!!! Now that this is slowing down, they aer probably phasing out the temporary stuff ( Letters & Such) to get back to the official method of doing things. Belle

Upvote 0

Moonshadow1

I recieved this after I faxed mine last week.

June 3, 2005

Dear

Greetings from the Disney Dining Experience!

We have received your membership request via fax or mail and will be processing your application shortly. Due to the high volume of applicants, it will take about 4-6 weeks to receive your cards in the mail. In the meantime, you will be receiving a confirmation letter placing you in good standing at your home shortly.

If you plan on visiting the Walt Disney World Resort within the next two weeks, please reply to this email, with your arrival date. We will have a letter of confirmation awaiting you at Epcot Guest Relations outside of the main entrance of the park. If this authorization is needed please contact our office before 3:30 p.m. on Friday to ensure your request is processed. The letter will insure that you have all the privileges of a Disney Dining Experience Member during your stay.

Thank you for your understanding, and if you have any further questions, you may call us at 407-566-5858. Our office hours are Monday thru Friday 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.

Sincerely,

Quiana M. Morton

Disney Dining Experience Coordinator

Hope this helped clear up the issue.

Upvote 0

Nansafan

I mailed my check and app on 5/13. On June 2nd I called to see if my app was received. I was told that it had been received and was processed on 5/20. I said thank you and hung up. Now I'm thinking was does "processed" mean in the whole scheme of things? We are leaving for WDW on July 7. I did not receive a letter as mentioned in Moonshadow1's post. I still have a month so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I receive something in writing before we leave.

Upvote 0

Moonshadow1

Update

I recieved the above mentioned letter today. It states that I am a member in good standing, and the 20% discount should be extended to us provided our ID's match the name on the letter. The letter dated June 3rd (same as the email) is only valid till July 21, 2005.

It also states that the black out dates for the disney dining card are Easter 3/27/05, Mothers day 5/8/05, fourth of july thanksgiving, christmas eve, christmas day, new years eve, and new years day.

I don't mind the blackout dates, they do not coinside with our trip, but I did not see any mention of them before this, did I miss them somewhere??

Also listed is which restaurants are honoring the plan. So if anyone wants to know pm me. The list is long.

Upvote 0

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
I had a letter within 10 working days, not bad considering. However its now over two months and ive still to receive the card. However its not near our set off date, but it does feel a little uncomfortable at the prospect of
having to present a bit of paper.

Illogical perhaps as why am I comfortable to flash a card?

Upvote 0

lawyergirl77

Original Poster
Thank you so much for all of your answers, everyone!!! As always, you guys rock!

So here is my final question: I plan to be in WDW this year from August 29th to September 5th. I am buying my APs for the first time sometime this month (Because although I may have bought my vouchers, my 365 days only begins to run as of their activation in the park on August 29th, right?)

The reason why I am buying APs is because I plan to be in WDW for two weeks next year in July/August (overlapping the two months - end July, beginning August).

Buuut, if I order my DDE card too soon, it may not be valid during the times that I need it to be valid next year... But if I order it too late, I may not be able to get it in time for my trip (and my letter's expiry date may put me in S.O.L. territory for this trip!)

Any strategy that you can help me with, my Jedi Masters? :animwink:

Upvote 0

Ms Brer Rabbit

Dde

I called yesterday late afternoon to order the DDE card for an upcoming family trip in August..I was never expecting it would be valid for the quick "Mother/Daughter" get away to the WORLD that's happening this weekend...No problem..I can pick up the authorization letter at Epcot Guest Relations when I arrive on Friday and will have the actual card by our Aug. trip. The process couldn't have been easier.

Upvote 0

JPVonDrake

Ms Brer Rabbit said:
I called yesterday late afternoon to order the DDE card for an upcoming family trip in August..I was never expecting it would be valid for the quick "Mother/Daughter" get away to the WORLD that's happening this weekend...No problem..I can pick up the authorization letter at Epcot Guest Relations when I arrive on Friday and will have the actual card by our Aug. trip. The process couldn't have been easier.

The best bet is to call and ask what is the estimated delivery time for the card and if you can pick up an authorization letter at Guest Relations, as the policy does seem to change on a daily basis, and also depending on who you speak with at DDE.

I just talked to them this afternoon too (verifing for a guest call) and they stated that they will again send out authorization letters to be picked up at the park guest relations of your choice but for a Disney Resort Guest only.

Read into this as you wish... :rolleyes:

Upvote 0

dxwwf3

JPVonDrake said:
The best bet is to call and ask what is the estimated delivery time for the card and if you can pick up an authorization letter at Guest Relations, as the policy does seem to change on a daily basis, and also depending on who you speak with at DDE.

I just talked to them this afternoon too (verifing for a guest call) and they stated that they will again send out authorization letters to be picked up at the park guest relations of your choice but for a Disney Resort Guest only.

Read into this as you wish... :rolleyes:

Ah a ray of hope :) Hopefully the policy won't change again. We will be a Disney resort guest (Of course) so if that stays the same we shouldn't have a problem picking up a letter. Thanks for the investigating Drake!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom