Questions on Living Seas

Brian_B

Original Poster
I was wondering:

Does anyone know exactly what's happening inside (or even outside) the pavilion right now, or the extent of the rehab?

Does anyone have a way to sneak a progress pic or two, like when they redid TL?

I'm a-quiver with anticipation!
(I think we all are..)

- Brian

Pioneer Hall

As it was stated in that past post by Grizz...I just hope they don't lose the message to the seas. Characters are all fun, but Epcot isn't the Magic Kingdom and there needs to be reality to the magic.

bgraham34

DisneyInsider said:
As it was stated in that past post by Grizz...I just hope they don't lose the message to the seas. Characters are all fun, but Epcot isn't the Magic Kingdom and there needs to be reality to the magic.

I totally agree 305%.

Pioneer Hall

UltimtMickeyFan said:
Can anyone help me? I have a couple of pics of TLS of the outside etc... But I cant figure out how to post them or attach them anywhere.

The best thing to do is use the Photo Albums. It is the easiest and most efficient way on the site.

When I go into the albums, I cant find anywhere to click on to post pics or anything. I cant believe im having so many issues with this. Just trying to post some pretty cool pics...

Brian_B

Original Poster
ah yes, I had problems in that area as well. The trick is, once you go into albums click "log in", even if you think you're already logged in. Once you do, you can post.

- Brian

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Those rehab walls are a higher quality than some of the temporary walls that have been inside the pavilion since the ride closed and that area was blocked off. They're already an improvement :)

Brian_B

Original Poster
I'm excited that there stands the possibility of them EXTENDING the ride. I was totally not ready for that one, especially after the fate JII suffered in 98. My predictions based on reality for TLS rehab:

- The old movie is history. If I were you I'd download it or get a DVD of it, because that's the only place you'll find it now.

- Deletions: We know they're in all likelyhood making an more elaborate, lengthlier ride. Also, recent indications point to the possible removal of the hydrolators. From these two facts I'm going to muse that at least part of the old United Technologies preshow area will become part of the line - it's going to need to be extended. I doubt they're going to use both A and B theatres, so in all likelihood the one farther away from the descent hydrolator area will be updated with the new film, and the other shall be gutted along with the descent hydrolators to make room for the new ride.

- I sincerely doubt the new ride is going to be anything more than an omnimover...I could definitely be wrong, but I just can't envision it. I expect scenes utilizing animatronics first, and then the (in)famous inclusion of Nemo holograms as you pass through the tank.

- I'm pretty sure entering through the exit will be temporary.

- There stands the possibility of them relocating turtle talk to the bottom level rotunda where the seacabs used to go. If that is the case, I'm fairly certain the tunnel that goes through the tank will be demolished, and the current tunnel that goes under the upper level will be ultilized for the line and exit.

- I doubt they're going to do away with the seabase alpha theme entirely, because that would overblow the costs involved, especially considering they're making a brand new ride in there.

That's all the thoughts I have. Oh wait! One more...can't forget a bigger, more elaborate giftshop, probably in the exit area where the hydrolators are now.

We're going to gain an incredible new ride and technology, and the original theme is going to be highly disorganized and mutated into something that doesn't quite make sense.

"Well, that's a switch!"
- Pvt. Hudson, Aliens

- Brian

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom