Questions About Candlelight Processional

docandsix

Several questions for those of you who know:

1. Is the Candlelight Processional worth setting time aside for, or for planning a day (or even a trip) around?
2. Is it true that there are meal/show plans for the Processional, as for Fantasmic?
3. When are decisions made regarding the narrators, and how can this information and schedules be obtained?

Thanks in Advance,

Docandsix

GoofyFan1

docandsix said:

1. Is the Candlelight Processional worth setting time aside for, or for planning a day (or even a trip) around?
2. Is it true that there are meal/show plans for the Processional, as for Fantasmic?
3. When are decisions made regarding the narrators, and how can this information and schedules be obtained?

Thanks in Advance,

Docandsix

The CP is definitely worth it! We have been twice now, Christmas Eve 2002, and Christmas Day 2004. Both times we saw Gary Sinise. There is a meal/show option. I reccommend this. This year it rained all day Christmas day, and with the meal/show option, we were under the roof for the show. :sohappy:

Here is a site with more information: http://allearsnet.com/tp/h_cpfaq.htm

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
1 Yes. We did it twice on our 2004 Christmas Disney trip.
2. Yes a dinner package is available but I have found it is not really necessary if all you want to see is the processional.
3. The speakers are announced around October-November. The speaker you see makes a big difference. The first speaker we saw was Joshua Morrow. He was fine but he kind of narrated like he was in a soap opera (He is in fact a soap star) the other speaker we saw was Erthia Kit and she did an excellent job.

Upvote 0

surfsupdon

The CandleLight Processional is a must!

I saw it the last three Christmas seasons, twice with Gary Sinese and the most recent with LeVar Burton. The music, song, and instrumentals are beautiful. And the story/message is great, of course.

I am also obsessed with the sign language lady, she is the best I have ever seen b/c she exudes such passion.

The package is not necessary (I'm sure it's nice) but we show up 45 mins early and always make it inside. :xmas:

Upvote 0

SpectroMan

I agree with every one here. It is definitely worth it! It was one of the most beautiful Christmas things I have ever seen. I put it right below Midnight Mass. The choir, instruments, and especially the trumpets were great. It is amazing to see that in today's secular world, Disney still takes time to remember what Christmas is all about.

Upvote 0

disneyhope

I LOVE the Candlelight Processional!! I have never done a meal/show option, but I can vouch for the show itself... I am almost reluctant to call it a "show" because it was much more than that. Very well done, very Christmas-y, and very worthwhile!

Upvote 0

Lionking

docandsix said:

Thanks in Advance,

Docandsix

The Candlelight Processional is one of the best things you can do at disney around christmas Time I was lucky to get to see it on November 26th 2004 I would recomend it to anyone. I did the dinner package and it was well worth it you know that you will get a seat to see the show. I think I can say this is the best christmas show I have ever seen. I hope I get the chance to see it again in the very near future.

Upvote 0

imamouse

I highly recommend the Candlelight Processional at Epcot. This first time we went, I had to drag my husband and sons (ages 10 &15 at the time). We were a little late, so had to stand in the back for the show. Even so, we all loved it (Phlysha Rashad was the narrarator!) and now my guys insist that we go whenever possible. We did the dinner/show in 2003 and enjoyed getting to sit closer to the front. The price for the meal options are not bad, when you consider that they include beverage (non-alcoholic) AND tip.

We are going to WDW this Dec and plan to attend this magical event (again), and opt for the dinner combo (again). We ate at the Biergarten in 2003, so this year we are going to try Le Cellier (Canada).

Wheter or not you decide to buy a meal package, I encourage you to make time in your schedule to attend this moving presentation.

Upvote 0

Gucci65

For years I ignored this show until reading reviews on this site (& Deb Wills). Our first time was December 2003 and know cannot even think of going to WDW without this event planned.

We have done the dinner package both times. Mexico in 2003 and China in 2004. We try to eat somewhere different every year. You still have to stand in line to get a seat for the show. It is not a guaranteed seat. Last year we had dinner reservations at 5:30pm and show priority seating for the 8pm show. We were done with dinner around 6:30pm and I went & got in line right after. There was about 20 people in front of me (the rest of my family went walking/shopping). By 7:15pm the line was all the way back to Japan.

2003 David Odgen Stiers was supposed to be our narrator, but the show was cancelled due to bad weather. We came back two nights later and our narrator was Steven Curtis Chapman. In 2004 our narrator was Jim Cavizel and he was awesome!!!

Don't make the mistake I did and ignore this show. Definately plan it into your December trip.

Upvote 0

swimmom

Last year was our first trip in December since I usually can't get a week of vacation in December. We saw the Candlelight Processional with Steven Curtis Chapman on the 19th. It was awesome! We did the dinner package and I would do that again. We got in line almost an hour before the show and the line was all the way back to Japan. The other line for those not purchasing the dinner package was twice as long. If you go earlier in the month, the lines probably wouldn't be so long.

We are planning a long weekend next December and Candlelight Processional is definitely on our list of things to do.

Upvote 0

figmentfan

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The candlelight is a MUST with or without the dinner package. One of the best shows at WDW! It also reminds me of a nice Christmas Eve church service. Wonderful show. The dinner package is great, because it is a pre-paid dinner, and preferred seating.

Upvote 0

Nicole

Another vote for the CP! This was possibly the highlight of my Christmas and Disney week. Our narrator was Marlee Matlin, and she was fantastic. It was a very moving experience to have her signing the narration.

I will most definitely be planning a specific trip for the CP again. I did the dinner package and was glad I did, I had fantastic seats and I knew I'd get a seat even though I only got in line 30 minutes before show time.

The one thing I would do differently is go to a later show. I went to the 5:00 show and it wasn't quite dark yet, so the processional itself wasn't quite as candlelighty as I'm sure it was for the later shows.

Upvote 0

shoppingnut

I've been going to the CP for about 8 years and love it. It is definitely a must see. This year we saw Jim Cavesil he was excellent, I've also seen James Avery, Robby Benson and Phylisa Rashard. This was the first year that we decided not to do the dinner package and even though it was a Tuesday night in the beginning of December, it was totally packed and we were lucky to get in and had to sit on the side walls. Next year we are definitely doing the dinner package, it's much easier and besides you have to eat dinner that night anyway, so you might as well just do the package, it is a good value. Over the years of going to the CP I've noticed how the crowds have grown. Back in 1997, you could have pretty much walked up to any of the shows and sat down to see it, but over the years it has become incredibly popular. I would definitely recommend the dinner package.

Upvote 0

vilegirl

I saw it for the first time last month and it was beautiful. We're going again next December and I want to do the dinner package. We didn't when we went last month and we ended up having to stand in the back. It was still wonderful though. I highly recommend it!

-Linda

Upvote 0

fillerup

The Processional is a must, and we go at least twice every year and have never been disappointed.

Gary Sinise a few times, David Ogden Stiers was excellent.

This year was quite special seeing James Caviezel from the Passion of the Christ on two evenings.

The schedule was out in mid October and a couple of weeks later, we inquired re' dinner packages and they were sold out for Caviezel. That's 900 packages per show, per night, for 3 nights. They also sold out one or two of the well known Christian musicians.

But I question the value of the package. On Caviezel's last night, a Tuesday, we exited the second show and the line for those with packages for the final show stretched from the theater all the way onto the bridge between Britain and France. Additionally, each evening, coming from the regular queue, we waited no longer than 40 minutes to be seated and then were seated only 1 row behind the package folks, and dead center.

On the other hand, the latecoming package people were seated a row or two closer, but on the far outer edges.

Anyhow, that's my take.

Upvote 0

Gucci65

My friend went to the show (w/ narrator Jim Cavizel) the same night I did. I had the dinner package for the 8pm show. They did not. We both got in line at the same time. I sat in the center. My friends sat on the wall.

I'm eating dinner anyway & I want to have a good seat for the show, so we will continue to do the dinner package.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom