Questions About Annual Pass Specials!?!

Crush Dude!

Back from WDW!Counting down to DLP in November!
Hi folks, in the v early stages of planning my next trip to the world and ive been checking out all the info about annual passes and i saw that at the moment you can get 40% off the nightly rate at AKL, the price is great value so my questions are;

How often do specials on room rates become available?

Would the discounts be on many resorts?

What are the restaurants that give discounts for AP holders?

Are there discounts on merchandise in the parks?

All help and any additional info are more than welcome and greatly appreciated, thanx in advance :wave::wave::wave:

dreamfinder

I echo durangojim, check out mousesavers for a run down on what discounts have been offered when for AP holders.

Typically they get released 2-3 months in advance of the dates. http://www.mousesavers.com/historicalwdwdiscounts.html has the dates of releases. They don't list the discounts, but are usually somewhere between 20-40% off.

Some restaurants offer an AP discount, but its limited, and only world of disney offers a merchandise discount. Allears.net has a good rundown on the AP benefits here -> http://allears.net/pl/apass.htm

Upvote 0

durangojim

I echo durangojim, check out mousesavers for a run down on what discounts have been offered when for AP holders.

Typically they get released 2-3 months in advance of the dates. http://www.mousesavers.com/historicalwdwdiscounts.html has the dates of releases. They don't list the discounts, but are usually somewhere between 20-40% off.

Some restaurants offer an AP discount, but its limited, and only world of disney offers a merchandise discount. Allears.net has a good rundown on the AP benefits here -> http://allears.net/pl/apass.htm

Also, as an AP holder you can purchase the Tables in Wonderland card for $75 which allows you to have 20% off your bill at virtually all table service and many quick service restaurants in WDW. You have to really run the numbers to see if it works for you, but in our case, we almost always stay at Deluxe resorts and having an AP with the room discounts lets us go to WDW more often. We're fortunate that airfare from Detroit is not very expensive so we get to stay at the world for about 3 weeks out of the year. Without the AP and discounts we couldn't do that. If you stay at moderates or values the savings probably isn't worth it with the free dining deals they offer.

Upvote 0

dreamfinder

And to yet further expand on what durangojim said, the room discounts are NOT a guarantee. Not all hotels will offer them during a given time period, and usually only some types of rooms within any given hotel. Most likely you will be able to get some type of discounted lodging for most non peak stays, but if you are set on a certain type of room at a certain property, you may not get one.

Upvote 0

durangojim

And to yet further expand on what durangojim said, the room discounts are NOT a guarantee. Not all hotels will offer them during a given time period, and usually only some types of rooms within any given hotel. Most likely you will be able to get some type of discounted lodging for most non peak stays, but if you are set on a certain type of room at a certain property, you may not get one.

Good point, although I think it is reasonable to believe that while the economy is in the tank, Disney will continue with AP discounts of some form.

Upvote 0

Crush Dude!

Original Poster
Good point, although I think it is reasonable to believe that while the economy is in the tank, Disney will continue with AP discounts of some form.

Hopefully :lol:

And hey the tables in wonderland, is this always available?
and is it just 1 off payment of $75??

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Hopefully :lol:

And hey the tables in wonderland, is this always available?
and is it just 1 off payment of $75??
Yes. You can now get it at guest services and it is $75 per year and is good for up to a party of 9 or 10. Well worth the money if you eat TS frequently.

Upvote 0

Crush Dude!

Original Poster
Yes. You can now get it at guest services and it is $75 per year and is good for up to a party of 9 or 10. Well worth the money if you eat TS frequently.

Wow thats great, i plan to spend 4 weeks at the world my next trip and that would save serious cash!! Is it only for AP Holders??

Upvote 0

cinderellafan6

If you can afford buying an annual pass then its totally worth it. I have been one my whole life and I wouldnt want anythin else. I am also a florida resident and they are alot cheaper for me. If you hit the right times of the year you can get resorts for %40 off. I am staying at POP for $54 a nite and I can get that alot. IF you read on the inside of your ticket holder you can see all the perks. You get a % off of many restaurants already without getting the tables in wonderland card. on average annual passholder get %10 of many restaurants and shops. Especially if you are going there for 4 weeks your annual ticket will have paid for itself half way into your trip. Go for it.

Upvote 0

HollyBelle

Just to add to the discussion about Tables in Wonderland... the 20% off includes alcoholic beverages. So if you like to have a bottle of wine with dinner... it's also 20% off. :sohappy: I can't say enough good things about TiW. It easily pays for itself a couple of days after purchase and allows us to enjoy sit down service for breakfast, lunch and dinner!

Upvote 0

Crush Dude!

Original Poster
If you can afford buying an annual pass then its totally worth it. I have been one my whole life and I wouldnt want anythin else. I am also a florida resident and they are alot cheaper for me. If you hit the right times of the year you can get resorts for %40 off. I am staying at POP for $54 a nite and I can get that alot. IF you read on the inside of your ticket holder you can see all the perks. You get a % off of many restaurants already without getting the tables in wonderland card. on average annual passholder get %10 of many restaurants and shops. Especially if you are going there for 4 weeks your annual ticket will have paid for itself half way into your trip. Go for it.

Yeah coming from ireland id have to buy 2 2 week passes per person so the AP is cheaper already, and with all those perks plus the fact if ive enuf for an xmas trip i need not worry bwt buying tickets , its a no brainer! If only i knew as much as i do now before ha!

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Yeah coming from ireland id have to buy 2 2 week passes per person so the AP is cheaper already, and with all those perks plus the fact if ive enuf for an xmas trip i need not worry bwt buying tickets , its a no brainer! If only i knew as much as i do now before ha!
We have all been there. I can not tell you how much money I left on the table before I cam to this site.

Upvote 0

Crush Dude!

Original Poster
We have all been there. I can not tell you how much money I left on the table before I cam to this site.

Oh i know, ive only been 3 times, 2 of those since last august, last year used a travel agent :hammer:

I saved 3 to 4 thousand euro ($5000) this year by doing everything online myself, and next time i go il save more again with an AP

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Oh i know, ive only been 3 times, 2 of those since last august, last year used a travel agent :hammer:

I saved 3 to 4 thousand euro ($5000) this year by doing everything online myself, and next time i go il save more again with an AP
Well as a travel agent with Kingdom Konsultants I can tell you that it really depends on the agency especially when Disney is your destination. We specialize in all things Disney and do every thing possible to save our clients as much money as possible. We even rebook clients when new promotions come out that they qualify for.

Upvote 0

durangojim

The other thing is that you do not have to have an AP to get a discount at the time you make a reservation. You only have to have one when you check in (and not always then either).

Upvote 0

Crush Dude!

Original Poster
The other thing is that you do not have to have an AP to get a discount at the time you make a reservation. You only have to have one when you check in (and not always then either).

So if i book a stay at a resort and later an offer comes up for the time i am staying there then i get that rate???

Upvote 0

Crush Dude!

Original Poster
Well as a travel agent with Kingdom Konsultants I can tell you that it really depends on the agency especially when Disney is your destination. We specialize in all things Disney and do every thing possible to save our clients as much money as possible. We even rebook clients when new promotions come out that they qualify for.

Oh i know!! I can see from all the compliments you guys get on these forums that you must do a great job!! The travel agent was local here and it was done through the panorama company who since last year have cancelled all their american vacations! All i know is i only paid €1500, about $2100 dollars for 3 people for 3 weeks at pop this year which wasnt too shabby as the ta wanted €6000 for pop plus flights and i paid €5000 for the same package plus 3 3week passes to wdw 3 2week passes to seaworld and 3 2week passes to both universal parks so i was happy :lol:
Ill be even happier next time once im an annual passholder :sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom