Questions about AC in the rooms of CBR

PolynesianStar

After your positive reviews of the CBR I grew on the resort and started to put it into my trip planning. But now I am a little concerned about the AC.
I'm was a little shocked when i saw the air conditioning units in the CBR on photos because they were not of the more technologically advanced integrated type like at the Pop or WL but the classic motel "under-the-window"-type, which I always experienced in a lot of hotels (Radisson Inn, Comfort Inn etc.) as being quite noisy and so far have never seen in any Disney Resort (not even Pop!). I would not want to stay at a hotel with a loud AC as we are not used to the sound and want our AC as silent as possible (as e.g. in the Pop or WL or CS).
Could you tell me how loud these AC-units under the windows are compared to the other Disney resorts? Or are not all rooms equipped with this model?

gardenia

You get what you pay for at Disney, so, if you want central air... try a Deluxe Resort. That said, I have never had issues with the A/C at Disney moderates. They do a lot better maintenance than Comfort Inn.

Upvote 0

wilkeliza

You get what you pay for at Disney, so, if you want central air... try a Deluxe Resort. That said, I have never had issues with the A/C at Disney moderates. They do a lot better maintenance than Comfort Inn.

Just pointing out as the OP already said Pop! which is not a deluxe resort has central air. So the you get what you pay for argument doesn't really work here.

The trip before last we staying at CBR and had no problems with the air conditioning. I don't remember it being too loud when we were just lounging in the room and since I sleep with earplugs anyways it was never a big deal, my boyfriend doesn't use earplugs and never complained about the noise so I would say it is on par with a central air system.

Upvote 0

NewfieFan

I can honestly say I never noticed any sound coming out of the AC units. It never bothered myself, my hubby, or the kids. But then again, by the time we get back to the room we're so tired we could probably sleep with an engine next to our head! :lol:

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
While I have never had an issue with the AC at CBR, if it is a bit worry I would recommend switching over to the newly refurbished POFQ. While the AC unit is located in the same space it is a thermostat controlled unit that is whisper quiet.

Upvote 0

PolynesianStar

Original Poster
While I have never had an issue with the AC at CBR, if it is a bit worry I would recommend switching over to the newly refurbished POFQ. While the AC unit is located in the same space it is a thermostat controlled unit that is whisper quiet.

Thank you but we like the idea of staying at the CBR because of the theming, the theming of the POFQ is uninteresting to us.

The topic is so important to us because AC are very uncommon in Germany, nearly no private homes have some and many hotels are without too. So we are reacting stronger to the sound, even if it is not too loud, than US-citizens. So far the AC at the WL and the Pop was perfect and that is what we want again. At the Poly for example it was far too loud, we were quite disappointed.

Upvote 0

Rob562

Of all the times I stayed in the Moderates with the under-window AC units I never really had a problem with noise.

One thing to remember about CBR, Port Orleans, etc is that they were constructed decades ago. The under-window AC units were the typical design for "motel style" buildings with doors that opened to the outside.
Also, each building at CBR only has 64 rooms, and the resort is very spread out. A central A/C plant may not have been feasible, either due to space constraints, technological limitations or budgetary limits.

By the time they got to designing and building the All-Stars, they could mount a couple large air-handlers on the roof of each building, and build central air ducts to each room.

-Rob

Upvote 0

Uncle Lupe

Thank you but we like the idea of staying at the CBR because of the theming, the theming of the POFQ is uninteresting to us.

The topic is so important to us because AC are very uncommon in Germany, nearly no private homes have some and many hotels are without too. So we are reacting stronger to the sound, even if it is not too loud, than US-citizens. So far the AC at the WL and the Pop was perfect and that is what we want again. At the Poly for example it was far too loud, we were quite disappointed.

You are makers of the ShamWoww but most Germans do not have AC? During you visit just crank the dial down to 60 and enjoy!

You could start trying to sleep with backround noise to help you get use to extra noise in your room.

Upvote 0

PolynesianStar

Original Poster
You are makers of the ShamWoww but most Germans do not have AC? During you visit just crank the dial down to 60 and enjoy!

You could start trying to sleep with backround noise to help you get use to extra noise in your room.

What is "ShamWoww", I have absolutely no idea what you mean?

Upvote 0

PolynesianStar

Original Poster
:ROFLOL: :ROFLOL: :ROFLOL:

Thanks I needed that! At then end they emphasize that is is made in Germany.

I never heard about it or saw it on our TV, my BF never heard about it too and it's already discussed on the net in German forums, no one here know's it, it's not sold here, it's definitely not from Germany, the commercial is most probably a fraud.
And I don't understand what this has to do with ACs, as I already mentioned ACs in private homes are extremely rare in Germany, perhaps less than 0.1% I never visited any person at home, just like my BF, who had an AC.

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I never heard about it or saw it on our TV, my BF never heard about it too and it's already discussed on the net in German forums, no one here know's it, it's not sold here, it's definitely not from Germany, the commercial is most probably a fraud.
And I don't understand what this has to do with ACs, as I already mentioned ACs in private homes are extremely rare in Germany, perhaps less than 0.1% I never visited any person at home, just like my BF, who had an AC.
Homes without AC of some kind in the US are a rarity. From what I am seeing online the summers in Germany are quite mild and a heating system would be all that is needed. That is not the case in the US. The east coast and southern US are subjected to rather brutal temperatures in the summer to where AC borders on medically necessary.

Upvote 0

Uncle Lupe

Sorry, didn't mean to hijack your thread just that popped into my head as soon as I saw the no AC in Germany. I thought they make the Shamwow hard to believe no AC. The last few days we hit 95F/35C with a heat index of 100F/38C+

Just try to sleep with some soft backround or white noise a few weeks before your trip. Train yourself to sleep with noise and the humm of an AC will be no problem.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom