Question

I3olTz

Original Poster
Does any one know what happned to the plans for a thrill ride in japan at epcots world showcase?

mousermerf

Account Suspended
I assume they're in a box somewhere next to the little model I saw sitting in a glass case at Epcot once upon a time.

As far as the plans of something being built, as far as we know it has been shelved for the time being. Maybe Epcot's 25th will see some sort of work in the Showcase.

ganny

From what I've heard, they were going to build a Matterhorn type rollercoaster based on Mt. Fuji. But the Japanese government stopped it due to some religious taboo about the mountain. That's the rumor anyway.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Originally, a Carousel Theatre called "Meet the World" was to go in Japan. It was built, the show building was built, but it didn`t fit (no joke). Since EPCOT had overrun it`s budget by 100% they couldn`t afford to rebuild. The show did open at Tokyo Disneyland in 1983.

Next was to be a Circlevision 360 simulator of a ride on the bullet train, using the empty Carousel Theatre show space. Jim Hill recently ran a story on this.

In the early 90`s Mount Fuji was proposed - a rollercoaster. Fujifilm even offered to be sponsors and foot the entire bill. However, Eastman Kodak wern`t best pleased Fuji might be in the park (and able to sell merchandise) so the deal fell through. The Mt Fuji Rollercoaster was to be half of a pavilion expansion - the Ginza district (think Bladerunner) would had been the other half.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom