Question

Dizknee_Phreek

Originally posted by WDW-Imagineer
But I don't think you are gonna find any park that is anywhere near Disney as far as service, cleanliness, and atmosphere is concerned.

Hmmm...that's funny...there's a theme park in Indiana called Holiday World (don't know if anyone here has heard of it) that boasts to be the 'cleanest and friendliest...even over Disney!' Now, I used to go there all the time when I was little, and unless they've changed drastically, there's absolutely no comparison!! (Disney being the better of the two, of course) Where they got their information about being 'cleaner and friendlier than Disney', I'll never know! Holiday World just thinks they're really something because one of their wooden roller coasters (The Raven) was shown on The Learning Channel once on a specail about roller coasters...

Anyway, about Animal Kingdom...I've never really liked it myself. I don't really like how spaced out everything is...I know that's the look they were going for, but I just don't really like it. I don't like that there's really nothing to do. I'm not saying that I'll never like it because of that reason because I know it's a new park, and I know they are still expanding (in fact, May 2000, a CM told my family and I that AK is only in 'Phase 1'...'Phase 2' is coming up, and 'Phase 3' and just gotten off the drawing board...I have no idea what he was talking about, but to me it sounded promising) The attractions that they do have, I love very much! Kail River Rapids is my fave at AK, with 'Countdown to Extinction' (now Dinosaurs) following closely at 2nd. But I truely hate how long the lines are for each attraction (Fastpasses were just starting the last time I went to Animal Kingdom, and I wasn't sure at the time what they were all about, so I didn't get one) And since I'm not really big on shows, there really isn't a lot to offer for me when it comes to AK. And as for the animals...well, personally, I saw more animals at the Animal Kingdom Lodge than Animal Kingdom!

As for thrill rides, I agree with those of you who said you didn't want Disney to be just another 'thrill park'. Even though I love Disney's 'thrill rides' I don't like being flipped upside down (yes, that includes Rockin Roller Coaster), my feet dangleing, or being dropped down a 13 story building in an elevator. I know some people really love that stuff, but not me. One of my favorite rides (and my family's favorite) is the Tomorrowland Transit Authority. It's a nice soothing way to just kick back and relax for a while (and is especially nice when Tomorrowland is all lit up!) And I love the 'continous ride' classics! Haunted Mansion, Spaceship Earth, Great Movie Ride, even the boat ride at Mexico! They all make Disney great! I would be extremely disappointed if Disney turned into 'just another thrill park'. And I hate seeing some of those classics (Horizons, World of Motion) being turned into thrill rides (even though Test Track is one of my most favorite rides!) The attraction I miss the most is Dream Flight (does anyone remember this?) I loved it so much when I was younger!! I'm not completely sure when they took it out, but I know it was right around the time they remodeled Tomorrowland.
Well, this post is a little longer than I expected! Just kind got lost in commenting on all the earlier posts! :) Sorry this is so long!!
~*Amy*~

btw- does anyone remember the 3-D show that was in Fanasyland called Magic Journeys? I've read that it had been in Epcot before moving to Magic Kingdom (I'm assumeing Captain EO took it's place at Epcot) and if I remember correctly, Legend of the Lion King took it's place at MK. That had to be the WORST 3-D show that I've ever seen at Disney (actually, my eyes was closed through most of it...as well as through Captain EO, so I can't compare those two very easily) Anyway, just wondering if anyone remembered this!

Sire_Bobbie

I agree Disney is not a thrill Park, its a theme park. Okay this does involve having some rollercoasters, but that is not the whole sum of Disney. Disney is certainly correct in pursueing the trend of highly original rides and experiences for the whole family. Sure bring on a coaster or two, but make sure you have the right atmosphere first.

Coasters alone do not make a theme park.

Castle Cake Apologist

Oooooh! I've been to Holiday World!! (Not too far from where I live) I HATED IT!!! Cleanest? Ha! Friendliest? Ha! Over disney?! HAHAHA! It was the nastiest most pathetic park i've ever been to... The Raven was REALLY boring too....! Has Anyone been to King's Island? Now THATS a clean, friendly park. THEY can compare themselves to Disney, but Holiday World? As I said before... Ha!

NowInc

I personally have found Bush Gardens (both of them) are generally the cleanest parks. A lot of people seem to disagree with this tho...I dont know,...maybe its because i go to Bush Gardens right after i go to Universal and IOA which are by far the most undermaintained and unsanitary parks ever to exist :)

Seano846

THERE IS NOTHING I REPEAT NOTHING ON THE FACE OF THIS EARTH WHICH COMES EVEN CLOSE TO THE HOPES .DREAMS AND ASPERATIONS OF WALTER ELIAS DISNEY THAN THE WONDER IT HAS BECOME....... WALT DISDEY WORLD.................................................. NOTHING EVER LIKE IT BEFORE NOTHING EVER LIKE IT SINCE... May god be with you WALTER and thank you for making our lives richer

Attachments

• selfprtanim.gif
    selfprtanim.gif
    10.5 KB · Views: 174

Herbie53

Premium Member
hmmmmm....That last comment was a little over the top, but I nice enough sentiment I guess.

Disney usually comes up with a good mix of thirll rides, dark rides, and shows. You just can't please everybody all of the time. Generally we can rely on Disney to put the right attraction in the right place. But no matter what they do there will always be someone shouting at the top of their lungs about how awful it is. There will also be someone trying to shout even louder about how great it is.

Walt Disney succeeded in establishing extremely high standards for his parks, and the entire world (diehard fans and otherwise) hold the Disney company to these standards. Even when Disney reaches 100% we're going to push for 110%.

Goofster

I was just watching Discovery last night, and I really had no idea that Disney built the first ever steel coaster, the Matterhorn. Well, I must say, It would definately be awesome to see how far they have come since then. I mean, what now can they do with this here coaster? You, know, Disney is obviously awesome at building magical, cool, gentle rides, and gladly we know they will never stop that. But disney needs something that will blow everybody away, Rock N' Roller Coaster was awesome, but Disney needs to take it to the next level.

Dizknee_Phreek

Originally posted by DisneyExpert
Oooooh! I've been to Holiday World!! (Not too far from where I live) I HATED IT!!! Cleanest? Ha! Friendliest? Ha! Over disney?! HAHAHA! It was the nastiest most pathetic park i've ever been to... The Raven was REALLY boring too....! Has Anyone been to King's Island? Now THATS a clean, friendly park. THEY can compare themselves to Disney, but Holiday World? As I said before... Ha!

Heeeeeyyyy, DisneyExpert! Small world, eh? (pun halfway intended) yeah i heard all that stuff about Holiday World on come commercail they made for tv. i swear everytime i see that, i just wanna find something heavy and hurl it at the tv! then tonight i was listening to the radio and a commercial came on about Holiday World and they mentioned how The Raven was the "#1 coaster in the nation".... :rolleyes: yeah right!!! they wish!!! they sure do like tooting their own horn! obviously, though, those commercials are directed at those who have never been to Disney World!

JAY-ROD

Re: Never did care....

Originally posted by DisneyExpert
I never did care for Animal Kingdom.... Not too much to do there, plus, it was smouldering HOT and the cheapest bottle of water we could find was like $2.50, of course its also that way at King's Island. but hey, what amusement/theme park doesn't charge 2-4 bucks for a bottle of water? lol
(And the reason we didn't just drink out of the drinking fountains is becuz the water was just as hot as the air!) ((And becuz of that stupid NO STRAWS rule, my 1 yo little brother couldn't drink much water w/o spilling it on himself!))

Hmmm never did care for it animal kingdom. well its a new park. I guess everybody expects AK to use all of there land right then and thereand have that thing packed with rides. Guys give the park a break, Just look at it. The place is beautiful. I guess you dont appreciate all the hard work they put in to making the park. You know its not like the imagineers went over to Africa so they could get a better feel for the place and came back here to design ours as close as they could. I guess you just appecaite the rides. Do u ever look around and pay attention to the detail that this park has. Oh better yet disney other 3 parks opened up with minimal attraction. But now everybody loves them. ok enough at you now. I'll save some for later. :)

NowInc

As sad as it sounds...The Raven was voted the best wooden coaster in the US....mostly because of its surrounding enviornment. I havnt been on it yet, but I plan to within the next 3 years...and then I will pass judgment.

Dizknee_Phreek

Originally posted by NowInc
As sad as it sounds...The Raven was voted the best wooden coaster in the US....mostly because of its surrounding enviornment. I havnt been on it yet, but I plan to within the next 3 years...and then I will pass judgment.

no kiddin!! i had no idea!! i just always thought they were bragging over nothing! oh well...guess they need something to brag about. as of the last time i went (which was years ago) the park was getting a little out-dated. the bumper cars were horrible! i remember my mom and i rode them, and they had so many cars in one space, that when you could move, it was only about an inch, you could go around the circle thing only once, and it took you like 5 minutes to go completely around the circle (which, if i remember correctly wasn't that big) of course, the newest part of the park is their water park...and now their two wooden coasters: The Raven and The Legend. i have never ridden either. i think i went there maybe once since Raven was built (at the time i was REALLY little and was scared to death of coasters of any kind) but Legend is a fairly recent development so, of course, i haven't even seen this one.
i don't really see how Raven can be #1 mostly cuz of it's environment, cuz as far as i remember there was really no environment around it...but you seem to know your stuff, dude, so i'm not gonna argue with ya!

Castle Cake Apologist

My God Jay-Rod, you really have a way of twisting ones words around.... All I said was that there wasn't much to do there, I know more will come. And I loved all the detail, the detail was awesome, expcecialy Asia..! loved the tiger area... Just thot there needed to be MORE, (And cheaper water too..!) :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom