Question

Spocky

Original Poster
I've heard rumours that Disney is plannig to build a new coaster in one of their parks in WDW. The coaster would be a superman like ride. Can anyone tell me if it's true or not. If yes, where are they going to build it.

NowInc

The rumor of which you speak was an OLD one over speculation on what type of ride system would be in Mission:SPACE at epcot.

This rumor is also most likley completly untrue seeing how disney is not real big on stealing other ride ideas..and instead prefers to create a completly original ride experiance that no other park can top.

WDW-Imagineer

It may be Mission:Space, but it may also be the rumored new coaster at AK, Matterhorn at Epcot, Fire Mountain or Atlantis ride at MK. The rumors you heard probably were not Mission:Space.

kevlightyear

Originally posted by MISS MINNIE
They need a new ride at AK - a good roller coaster type?
:)

I think AK would benefit from a dark ride. Although it wouldn't attract the thrill seekers, it would give the kids something to do other than shows.

Anything would improve Animal Kingdom!

JAY-ROD

Re: Re: Question

Originally posted by kevlightyear

I think AK would benefit from a dark ride. Although it wouldn't attract the thrill seekers, it would give the kids something to do other than shows.

Anything would improve Animal Kingdom!

Are you saying that Animal Kingdom sucks?

JAY-ROD

Originally posted by kevlightyear
Not necessarily that it sucks, there just isn't a lot to do. Not many options.

As in any disney park that just open. there wasnt enough to do at first.give it time to grow. cause this park to me is already awesome. Yes it lacks attraction, but just look at the place. its so amazing just to look around. the atomsphere is the best part of the park. :)

DisneyFreak

That's exactly right on Jay-Rod! Disney parks are THEME parks not thrill parks. If all you want are thrill rides go to SixFlags, Universal or Busch Gardens.

BTW, Animal Kindom's main attraction is the animals not the rides.

WDW-Imagineer

Originally posted by DisneyFreak
That's exactly right on Jay-Rod! Disney parks are THEME parks not thrill parks. If all you want are thrill rides go to SixFlags, Universal or Busch Gardens.

BTW, Animal Kindom's main attraction is the animals not the rides.

I agree. I don't mind a few thrill ride (test track, the mountains, TOT, etc.) but Disney parks are aimed toward families not teenagers. Although there is irony in this idea, teenagers who go to six flags, etc. end up going to Disney when they have families. So in the end, Disney gets everybody.

kevlightyear

I think you guys are twisting my words. I'm not saying Disney needs more thrill rides, I think it is perfect the way it is. I agree with everything you are saying. My opinion was that there should be more attractions. Not any specific kind. If the animals are the only thing Disney wanted the attractions to be then so be it, it's just not my favorite thing to do.
Keep in mind, these are all opinions.

Frankcub

DisneyFreak and Jay-Rod:
Concur with you guys entirely. I can go back to the days when WDW first opened up in October 1971: lots of mud, signs, and a few "attractions" to visit. Yet, for lack of better words, there was some kind of "Magic" in the air--the atmosphere could not be beat, "groovy."
I get the same feeling when I visit Animal Kingdom: right behind EPCOT in the "atmosphere" department, IMOHO.
For "tech" rides, I think Spiderman is simply the best out there. But...I like concept-type rides, and I know Disney will be right there with their own new "concept." I certainly do not want Disney to stoop to thrill rides: leave that to the Great Adventure parks (yuck! Try Great Adventure in New Jersey and you'll never go back!!). It's that Disney Magic that I keep going back to again and again...since 1971.

JAY-ROD

[.
For "tech" rides, I think Spiderman is simply the best out there. But...I like concept-type rides, and I know Disney will be right there with their own new "concept." I certainly do not want Disney to stoop to thrill rides: leave that to the Great Adventure parks (yuck! Try Great Adventure in New Jersey and you'll never go back!!). It's that Disney Magic that I keep going back to again and again...since 1971. [/B][/QUOTE]

yeah spiderman isa great ride and has the new technology. Iwish disney woulddo something like this cause Iknow that could do so much better :)

38 days left whoahhhhhhhhh :)

WDW-Imagineer

Originally posted by Frankcub
DisneyFreak and Jay-Rod:
Concur with you guys entirely. I can go back to the days when WDW first opened up in October 1971: lots of mud, signs, and a few "attractions" to visit. Yet, for lack of better words, there was some kind of "Magic" in the air--the atmosphere could not be beat, "groovy."
I get the same feeling when I visit Animal Kingdom: right behind EPCOT in the "atmosphere" department, IMOHO.
For "tech" rides, I think Spiderman is simply the best out there. But...I like concept-type rides, and I know Disney will be right there with their own new "concept." I certainly do not want Disney to stoop to thrill rides: leave that to the Great Adventure parks (yuck! Try Great Adventure in New Jersey and you'll never go back!!). It's that Disney Magic that I keep going back to again and again...since 1971.

I go to Six Flags Great Adventure for my fix on roller coasters. I love roller coasters and Great Adventure is only about 1h and 30m from me. Although I will always go to Disney.

Frankcub

Imagineer--
Great Adventure New Jersey is also about 1 1/2 hours from my homebase in Delaware. But man, I was there about three years ago; unfortunately it was filthy, disgusting, and the people were just out and out RUDE (cutting in line, using foul language in front of my 6 y.o. nephew, etc., etc.). Far different from the Great Adventure I remember back in my '80's college days. I'll never go back...

WDW-Imagineer

Well, I'm from NY, so i'm used to people like that. But I don't think you are gonna find any park that is anywhere near Disney as far as service, cleanliness, and atmosphere is concerned. I go to SFGA for my roller coaster fix, and thats it; I don't expect anything else from it.

Castle Cake Apologist

Never did care....

I never did care for Animal Kingdom.... Not too much to do there, plus, it was smouldering HOT and the cheapest bottle of water we could find was like $2.50, of course its also that way at King's Island. but hey, what amusement/theme park doesn't charge 2-4 bucks for a bottle of water? lol
(And the reason we didn't just drink out of the drinking fountains is becuz the water was just as hot as the air!) ((And becuz of that stupid NO STRAWS rule, my 1 yo little brother couldn't drink much water w/o spilling it on himself!))

Holiday

I would like to see more thrill rides. While I love TOT, RRC & the mountains, I was VERY disappointed with Test Track. I'm glad I chose the singles line, as the regular line for it was huge. I would have been higly upset waiting any longer than I did for such a non-thrilling ride. There's still nothing like Disney's "magic", cleanliness, or CM treatment, though. I just think they can add some more things to compete with the other parks down there.

bobaloo000

Originally posted by Frankcub
Imagineer--
Great Adventure New Jersey is also about 1 1/2 hours from my homebase in Delaware. But man, I was there about three years ago; unfortunately it was filthy, disgusting, and the people were just out and out RUDE (cutting in line, using foul language in front of my 6 y.o. nephew, etc., etc.). Far different from the Great Adventure I remember back in my '80's college days. I'll never go back...

If we could keep all the New Yorkers and Philadelphians out we would have less problems. We go to GA about once a week, its great if the weather is bad, keeps the out of towners, well, out of town.

Down with Bennies! :mad:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom