Question out of total boredom at work but...

HouCuseChickie

I always find myself doing something like this with the classics. IASW usually ranks as my favorite, but I can look at Haunted Mansion and PotC (love those both as well) and can say they are technically better attractions...from effects and immersion factors to general storylines.

MickeyLuv'r

I don't know, I never really kept track of times. The only thing I really ever wanted to keep track of was the walk from MK to California Grill, or DHS to EPCOT, but I always remember half way through the walk. It's not going to make or break me walking those but I am just curious because on cool evenings that walk from DHS to EPCOT is really nice. So it seems short. Where if I did that today when it's almost 90 I would want to die and feel like it's taking an hour. lol
Yeah, weather is always a factor, and it feels shorter when the weather is enjoyable.

I recall a night I had to walk from YC to dinner in Epcot's Japan, during an absolute white-out drenching rain. That was somewhat miserable. It was so wet, most people were walking barefoot, and holding their shoes under their plastic ponchos. Only people in really water tolerant shoes like Crocs and hiking sandals were wearing shoes. One of few times I've ever seen people walk barefoot in theme park, but that night, the majority of folks we passed were barefoot. It was pretty crazy. Maybe one person did it, and that triggered others to copy?

Most trips we did not keep records, but the last few trips we've jotted shorthand notes that include time some checks.

MickeyLuv'r

For me? My MUST-DO, believe it or not, is the carrousel…I’ve said it before that I rode that at the park it came from, Olympic Park in Maplewood NJ, my hometown in 1965 before it closed with my parents…even though I obviously don’t remember it, as a tribute to them, I must ride it every trip…
Unfortunately, my all time favorite ride closed last year…even with 2/3’s of the AA’s not working last December, I still loved it…just look at my avatar…
We also try to ride the carrousel every visit. (or most) It is always a great place to take photos. Though I do wish they'd add (bring back?) a few more songs to the music loop. Carrousels are timeless.

Goofyernmost

Out of boredom of retirement, I will put forward this thought... Unless one waits for someone to tell them what the absolute, no argument, best ride is, it will be whichever one you like the best. I don't see how that can be separated or justified in having a best ride not being ones favorite ride. In my mind, Best and Favorite are actually the exact definition.

I always find myself doing something like this with the classics. IASW usually ranks as my favorite, but I can look at Haunted Mansion and PotC (love those both as well) and can say they are technically better attractions...from effects and immersion factors to general storylines.
Perfect example. You love IASW, HM and PoTC equally and they, by default, have to be your favorite(s). To you they are the best in your mind, but not necessarily the best in technical quality.

BEST to your liking or
BEST in absolute quality

Two completely different classifications and both based on fact and personal judgement. To me they are the same but different.

I think I should have some breakfast and take my meds because this reads a lot like mind boggling gibberish. However, somewhere in all that there is logic... trust me!

blackthidot

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Out of boredom of retirement, I will put forward this thought... Unless one waits for someone to tell them what the absolute, no argument, best ride is, it will be whichever one you like the best. I don't see how that can be separated or justified in having a best ride not being ones favorite ride. In my mind, Best and Favorite are actually the exact definition.

Perfect example. You love IASW, HM and PoTC equally and they, by default, have to be your favorite(s). To you they are the best in your mind, but not necessarily the best in technical quality.

BEST to your liking or
BEST in absolute quality

Two completely different classifications and both based on fact and personal judgement. To me they are the same but different.

I think I should have some breakfast and take my meds because this reads a lot like mind boggling gibberish. However, somewhere in all that there is logic... trust me!

Yeah I mean that IMO ToT is the best ride but HM is my favorite. I did not mean like "Hey ToT is the best ride so do not try and tell me different. I was more wondering how many other people have these feelings on rides/shows. There is no wrong answer to what someone thinks the best ride is.

JIMINYCR

I can't even imagine doing MS...any level lol
I went on it when it first opened, when it was at its most intense level and never had an issue. Both DS and I do multiple visits on a trip. I know many people who would never do ToT either.
What makes WDW so fun... It offers something for everyone... from the adventurous, to the most never dare cream puff.

Goofyernmost

Yeah I mean that IMO ToT is the best ride but HM is my favorite. I did not mean like "Hey ToT is the best ride so do not try and tell me different. I was more wondering how many other people have these feelings on rides/shows. There is no wrong answer to what someone thinks the best ride is.
Pretty much what I said in a more humorous way, I thought. Guess I was wrong once again. After 75 years I'm starting to get used to being wrong. But part of it still holds true you cannot name one thing as Best and something else as "My Favorite". Theoretically, to you, your favorite is indeed the one you consider to be the best for you. Everything after that is second best and so on. If it is an individual decision no other one could or should measure up to your favorite in you mind. There may be other that are really the best to someone else, but once you picked your favorite you are telling us that it is the best as far as you are concerned. If you don't feel that way than your favorite is flexible and more something that you consider pretty good as well.

WDW has many attractions that are more impressive than others, but if, for example you go to PoTC first before anything else than that is your favorite and is the best to you. One is emotional and prioritized and the others are just also rans. Good but not your cup of tea.

Last edited:

blackthidot

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Pretty much what I said in a more humorous way, I thought. Guess I was wrong once again. After 75 years I'm starting to get used to being wrong. But part of it still holds true you cannot name one thing as Best and something else as "My Favorite". Theoretically, to you, your favorite is indeed the one you consider to be the best for you. Everything after that is second best and so on. If it is an individual decision no other one could or should measure up to your favorite in you mind. There may be other that are really the best to someone else, but once you picked your favorite you are telling us that it is the best as far as you are concerned. If you don't feel that way than your favorite is flexible and more something that you consider pretty good as well.

WDW has many attractions that are more impressive than others, but if, for example you go to PoTC first before anything else than that is your favorite and is the best to you. One is emotional and prioritized and the others are just also rans. Good but not your cup of tea.

You're not wrong at all. I just did not want you, or anyone else to think I was saying "ToT is the best ride no matter what anyone thinks cause what I say rules!" Because people online are like that. Haha It's all good man.

EpScott71

I did really like Maelstrom. IT really sucks that rides like that and GMR can't just simply be changed like Star Tours or Soarin' with a few tweaks and a video change. Such nostalgia.
Loved Maelstrom as well. Bought a backpack cooler solely because of it's name.

Attachments

• 20231002_091010.jpg
    20231002_091010.jpg
    139.9 KB · Views: 34

Vacationeer

In the Parks
No
Best ride - gotta go with Spaceship Earth

Favorite is gotg Cosmic Rewind and I don't see that changing anytime soon. Gives me chills just thinking about riding again.

blackthidot

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Best ride - gotta go with Spaceship Earth

Favorite is gotg Cosmic Rewind and I don't see that changing anytime soon. Gives me chills just thinking about riding again.

Tough to argue about GotG. I just need to find out a way not to feel like the floor of a taxi after riding it, and I will be willing to give it that title haha. I think I figured it out though.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom