Question out of total boredom at work but...

blackthidot

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
With GotG excluded cause my stomach is trying to get used to that ride...

I am not the only one that has a favorite ride in Disney World, but thinks that another ride there is "better" than my favorite?

So I love The Haunted Mansion, but I think Tower of Terror is the best ride overall.

Does that even make any sense? I am sure I am not the only one so let's hear what you guys got...

Sorry I am just crazy bored at work and need some kind of discussion cause I am 10 days out and going nuts!

blackthidot

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Going to do a trip report? Your's, from a long time ago were always entertaining!

Haha thanks, appreciate it but there will be no trip reports from me any time soon. If I would do it it would not be anywhere near as detailed and in depth. The amount of time I wasted everyday, all day keeping track of everything I did is almost embarrassing now. I mean it was fun while that was a big thing. No in the parks I basically take my phone and credit card with me and that is it. The camera/photography thing really is not a priority unless the big guy wants specific photos I do not have (I shoot for Celebrations Magazine).

I will say though, this place made me a lot of friends. Some very very good friends I still have to this day who live close, and nowhere near me.

It's not Disney to me with these rides in order:

1) Spaceship Earth

2) Haunted Mansion

3) Pirates of the Caribbean (Fond Memories of the ride since my childhood).

Honestly, any ride that one chooses that gives them that special memory is not wrong.

MickeyLuv'r

With GotG excluded cause my stomach is trying to get used to that ride...

I am not the only one that has a favorite ride in Disney World, but thinks that another ride there is "better" than my favorite?

So I love The Haunted Mansion, but I think Tower of Terror is the best ride overall.

Does that even make any sense? I am sure I am not the only one so let's hear what you guys got...

Sorry I am just crazy bored at work and need some kind of discussion cause I am 10 days out and going nuts!
Well let's see.

IMO, GoG is one of my current favorites. I will say, having been on it multiple times, where you sit matters. I also think it helps me...I'm not quite sure how to say, but the newer coasters have a higher center of gravity. To me, the motion feels more like swaying/swinging than on older coasters. I find I like the ride best when I can get into the music, and kinda dance/move to it.

Some of songs also work/sync better than others. My two favorites are September and One Way or Another. I didn't feel Flock of Seagulls, "I Ran" worked/synced with the ride quite as well. "Everybody Wants to Rule the World also syncs well. If you have only been on it a few times, maybe mention when boarding and ask for a middle seat. Maybe you'll get a better song next time.

One of my favorite more classic rides is Big Thunder. While not super intense or anything, it is a great family ride.

I am also rather impressed with Velocicoaster. I don't normally like so much visible steel (appearance), but I am very impressed with the engineering. For a coaster, it is exceptionally well designed. It is intense, but not too intense.

For parks, I now find HS rather a mess. We've had such a bad time with rides down, G+ mess ups, mediocre food, and aggravation, I find myself less enthusiastic about going there until they do an update.

blackthidot

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Well let's see.

IMO, GoG is one of my current favorites. I will say, having been on it multiple times, where you sit matters. I also think it helps me...I'm not quite sure how to say, but the newer coasters have a higher center of gravity. To me, the motion feels more like swaying/swinging than on older coasters. I find I like the ride best when I can get into the music, and kinda dance/move to it.

Some of songs also work/sync better than others. My two favorites are September and One Way or Another. I didn't feel Flock of Seagulls, "I Ran" worked/synced with the ride quite as well. "Everybody Wants to Rule the World also syncs well. If you have only been on it a few times, maybe mention when boarding and ask for a middle seat. Maybe you'll get a better song next time.

One of my favorite more classic rides is Big Thunder. While not super intense or anything, it is a great family ride.

I am also rather impressed with Velocicoaster. I don't normally like so much visible steel (appearance), but I am very impressed with the engineering. For a coaster, it is exceptionally well designed. It is intense, but not too intense.

For parks, I now find HS rather a mess. We've had such a bad time with rides down, G+ mess ups, mediocre food, and aggravation, I find myself less enthusiastic about going there until they do an update.

I just recently bought a relief band that supposedly makes you NOT get motion sickness at all. If you do get it and you're not wearing the band, once you put it on it goes away. So hopefully that helps. I get a LITTLE bit of motion sickness on other stuff but its manageable and goes away almost in 5 mins max. But if this thing completely takes all of that away then it's a win.

Any details you want to share about the differences in seats?

blackthidot

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
I know Living with the Land is not the best ride BUT I have to ride it and I'm interested every time. But my favorite "ride" is Tower of Terror.

I am with you. I love being on this ride. It's so weird too because I think I just zone out on it sometimes. I will be at just about the end and think to myself "I don't remember like last 5 minutes of my life at all..." lol

blackthidot

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Going to do a trip report? Your's, from a long time ago were always entertaining!

Thinking about it my OG response to this may have seemed kind of weird. To follow it up and what I meant by embarrassing...it was just the amount of the time and effort I would put into logging EVERY step I took almost. When I look back on it, it's just like...why, or for what? I loved entertaining people by doing mine a little different and all that, and would love to do another one but it most likely won't happen unless I do a solo trip. My job also changed from the last one I did where I am/was out in the field all day with no time to be screwing around on here typing that and what not.

Me using the embarrassing word I did not want to make it like "Oh I am too good for that now." Definitely not at all what I meant. If that is how you took that, sorry.

TalkToEthan

Of course you’re not the only one. Everyone better know that personal/ pet favorite does no equal best.

It’s an undisputed and certified fact of life that Pirates, Mansion and Tower of Terror are the best at WDW but yet favorites commonly are Carousel of Progresses, Friendship Boats and Sleeping Dogs.

EpScott71

Thinking about it my OG response to this may have seemed kind of weird. To follow it up and what I meant by embarrassing...it was just the amount of the time and effort I would put into logging EVERY step I took almost. When I look back on it, it's just like...why, or for what? I loved entertaining people by doing mine a little different and all that, and would love to do another one but it most likely won't happen unless I do a solo trip. My job also changed from the last one I did where I am/was out in the field all day with no time to be screwing around on here typing that and what not.

Me using the embarrassing word I did not want to make it like "Oh I am too good for that now." Definitely not at all what I meant. If that is how you took that, sorry.
No, didn't take it that way at all. I completely understand. I remember from one of your trip reports where you ran into "Spongebob" in the MK. That was hilarious!!!!

Smiley/OCD

For me? My MUST-DO, believe it or not, is the carrousel…I’ve said it before that I rode that at the park it came from, Olympic Park in Maplewood NJ, my hometown in 1965 before it closed with my parents…even though I obviously don’t remember it, as a tribute to them, I must ride it every trip…
Unfortunately, my all time favorite ride closed last year…even with 2/3’s of the AA’s not working last December, I still loved it…just look at my avatar…

MickeyLuv'r

I just recently bought a relief band that supposedly makes you NOT get motion sickness at all. If you do get it and you're not wearing the band, once you put it on it goes away. So hopefully that helps. I get a LITTLE bit of motion sickness on other stuff but its manageable and goes away almost in 5 mins max. But if this thing completely takes all of that away then it's a win.

Any details you want to share about the differences in seats?
I don't recall offhand which rows the CM suggested, but I said something the first time we rode, and they made a point of seating us in a good row.

Since then, I sorta like getting the very front, because to me, that feels more immersive. Kinda like Soarin' 1st row is better than the other row (no feet). But CM did not seat us in the front on that 1st ride.

blackthidot

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
I don't recall offhand which rows the CM suggested, but I said something the first time we rode, and they made a point of seating us in a good row.

Since then, I sorta like getting the very front, because to me, that feels more immersive. Kinda like Soarin' 1st row is better than the other row (no feet). But CM did not seat us in the front on that 1st ride.

The first time I rode it I was the car next to last. When we went in the next room and all the cars split up I was then last somehow. I been on it a few times and I am immediately nauseated after lol

MickeyLuv'r

More recnetly we have started taking some notes. We dont keep track of every step, but in the days of G+, it is helpful to have kept track of some of the timing. Like how long we waited with a G+, or how long it took us to get back to our hotel room.

Time is a little weird at WDW. Sometimes 20min feels like nothing, and other times 5 min feels longer than it was. In my time in this forum, I have found many people do this. the time it takes to walk from Epcot to HS is one example. It is long enough that pace matters. So one family may well take longer than another. Also, where does a ride "start"? Is it when you enter preshow, or only when you get on the vehicle? Does that vary from ride to ride?

blackthidot

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
More recnetly we have started taking some notes. We dont keep track of every step, but in the days of G+, it is helpful to have kept track of some of the timing. Like how long we waited with a G+, or how long it took us to get back to our hotel room.

Time is a little weird at WDW. Sometimes 20min feels like nothing, and other times 5 min feels longer than it was. In my time in this forum, I have found many people do this. the time it takes to walk from Epcot to HS is one example. It is long enough that pace matters. So one family may well take longer than another. Also, where does a ride "start"? Is it when you enter preshow, or only when you get on the vehicle? Does that vary from ride to ride?
I don't know, I never really kept track of times. The only thing I really ever wanted to keep track of was the walk from MK to California Grill, or DHS to EPCOT, but I always remember half way through the walk. It's not going to make or break me walking those but I am just curious because on cool evenings that walk from DHS to EPCOT is really nice. So it seems short. Where if I did that today when it's almost 90 I would want to die and feel like it's taking an hour. lol

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom