question on advance dining reservations

dazzer68

hi, im going to wdw in may 2008, and am going to book my dining reseravtions in december, but have read i need my credit card to book this.
am i charged for this to book in advance (like a booking fee), or am i charged for the meals when i book. why do they need these details? bit reluctant to pay for something so far in advance, specially as exchange rate is so poor at moment.

Craig & Lisa

No, they use the card as a form of proof for your ADR's, if you don't show up they may charge a small amount. But if you aren't comfortable with it call and ask why they need it, we've done it many times, and even though we have changed our ADR's at the last minute they still never charged us anything.

Upvote 0

CAPTAIN HOOK

Unless things have changed since Disney revamped the ADR system - a credit card is only required to secure the booking and making sure you turn up. It would only be charged if you didn't attend and didn't cancel your reservation. If the system is still the same, the majority of dining locations do not require a credit card at the time of booking

Upvote 0

heliumalias

It's only certain locations. I know they need a credit card for the Fantasmic dinner ones. Most of them don't need it though. When they took my CC details I did ask them what they would use them for and they said it was in case you didn't turn up/cancel. Note that if you're making the ADR while you're at your resort they won't accept the room key to secure the ADR.

Upvote 0

Rob562

As far as I know, these are the only dining reservations that require a credit card over the phone.

These require a credit card with full payment at the time you call. Full refunds available if you cancel before the deadline:
-Cinderella's Royal Table
-Spirit of Aloha
-Hoop-Dee-Doo
-Mickey's Backyard Barbecue

These require a credit card which will be charged only if you don't show up or cancel before the deadline
-Victoria & Albert's (both regular and Chef's Table)
-Fantismic Dinner packages
-Princess Storybook breakfast in Norway
-Wonderland Tea Party at Grand Floridian

All other restaurants you can make ADRs without giving a credit card.

-Rob

Upvote 0

lbrad

I had to give a cc for Restraunt Marrakesh for Candlelight Processional dining package...will be charged if I don't cancel per policy:(

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom