Question from new dvc member

Tink_lover900

Original Poster
DH and I are going through the process of buying into SSR dvc. We are not due to close until sometime in March. We always go to Disney the week of July 4th since we both are on vacation at that time. Now we are starting to worry that by the time we close and get ready to make our reservations that we wont be able to get in due to this being a high season time. Has anyone made reservations for around this time on short notice and been able to get in anywhere? And any other advice for new dvc members? Also we usually do the DDP and was wondering if we get the AP tickets can we still do the DDP? Thanks in advance for any answers and suggestions!!
WE CAN'T WAIT TO HEAR "WELCOME HOME" FOR THE FIRST TIME!!!:sohappy::sohappy:

Denver2WDW

When my wife and I bought into the DVC about 3 years ago, we had the same concerns as you did but my DVC rep asked us when we were going to visit WDW and then he called member services and put a hold or something of the sort on a 2-bedroom for us. He also made sure that we knew that we only had (I think) 45 days to put that room onto our DVC membership once we were closed. If we didnt do that in the mentioned time frame, we would lose our reservation. So my suggestion would be to talk to your sales guy and see if he can do the same and hold a reservation for you until you close on your membership.
I just re-read that my posting and to be quite honest I think I confused myself LOL let me know if it made any sense.

EDIT- just to be clear, we bought ours directly through Disney, I am not sure if you can do this if you bought this elsewhere.

mouselvrmom

To answer your other question, dvc members are the only people who can purchase the ddp without getting myw tickets. So even with aps you are still good to get the dining plan.

Tink_lover900

Original Poster
I am glad to hear we can get the DDP then.

We are buying our dvc through the time share store(we got an excellent deal) and i think we have to wait until like 7-10 days after we close to make reservations.
Another question....Has anyone bought through the Timeshare store and know for sure how long it usually takes before you close and how long it takes before you can make reservations after you close?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom