Question for the Brits really.......

emma c

Hello

Just pricing costs for disney and just wondering overall who you all find best to book with? So far for me I'm find thompsons cheapest. We did go last year and booked with them and just. Looking at going back in year or two.

emma c

Original Poster
Oooo I have a look at that it's the flights that make it soooo expensive nearly as much as rest of holiday! Thanks a lot!

Upvote 0

Anotherfaceinthecrowd

Yea it's the same here it's also cheaper if you do indirect flights but I think 9 hours is enough wouldn't want to land then take off again to land or even change planes to much work for me going on hols to Disney I mean you suppose to get stressed at Disney not going there lol

Upvote 0

dancingelkhound

Hi,

We went with Thompson because we found them cheapest by a mile, far cheaper than Virgin and direct with Disney. But I think they're the cheapest for a reason, we found their customer service pretty poor, even when just trying to pay some money off!

There were no drinks included on the flight other than one with your meal, compared to other airlines such as Virgin, who include drinks and snacks, which we thought was shocking considering it was a long haul flight.

Thomson did fly to Sanford, which we thought was good, given the reputation international has for long queues, but that meant no Magical Express for us, and also on the way back, the airport was tiny with very few shops/places to eat, I think just one shop and two places to eat were available.

But obviously once you get to Disney the product is still the same!

Upvote 0

emma c

Original Poster
Yeah nah changing flights be too confusing and added stress with skid in tow is just too much like you say 9 hours is more than enough for me!

Upvote 0

emma c

Original Poster
Yeah nah changing flights be too confusing and added stress with skid in tow is just too much like you say 9 hours is more than enough for me!
Yeah we had same problem last year very small airport and very long wait but other than that no problems at all to be honest was very happy.

Upvote 0

Anotherfaceinthecrowd

I think when we were looking virgin has the most leg room too and as stated by dancingelkhound they do snacks and drinks all the time it's a really long flight not to have them, I honestly don't work for virgin either lol, Sanford airport is great if you are planning to get a car which we have done once but it's just as easy on the Disney buses I find

Upvote 0
We booked through Sunshine Holidays this year. This included flight tickets (£800 each), two weeks accommodation ( £340 total) and a rental car (£250 total).

It changes every year - last year we booked with Thomas cook since that was cheaper.

Upvote 0

emma c

Original Poster
Yeah me n hubs are short soo leg room not a huge problem to be honest! We just got coach transfer last time and used disney busses for getting around parks I don't drive and hubby drives on average 3 hrs a day so wanted a nice break from it, also was shocked at the amount of tolls on roads!

Have to say I have never heard of Sunshine holidays are they a local firm?

Upvote 0

Anotherfaceinthecrowd

We booked through Sunshine Holidays this year. This included flight tickets (£800 each), two weeks accommodation ( £340 total) and a rental car (£250 total).

It changes every year - last year we booked with Thomas cook since that was cheaper.

I am guessing this is offsite not WDW resort stays think your holiday has come in about 4k cheaper than any hol I have had at Disney world lol

Upvote 0

Anotherfaceinthecrowd

Yea I drive quite a lot being a paramedic with car but it is fun driving huge cars on the wrong side if the road, some of their rules are a it strange though like you can turn left on a red light what's with that lol

Upvote 0

emma c

Original Poster
Yea I drive quite a lot being a paramedic with car but it is fun driving huge cars on the wrong side if the road, some of their rules are a it strange though like you can turn left on a red light what's with that lol
You know someone sooooo going to start saying we be trolls staging of their driving system! But yeah I found some things very very different! And Jesus when it rains there I mean I'm use to rain being English but was like someone empty a swimming pool on us, a bloody big swimming pool at that!

Upvote 0

dave&di

We used to do a package holiday with Virgin but since last year we booked the resort with Disney, this has also included the park tickets (14 nights for the price of 7) plus free dining plan AND free Disney dollars! We have then booked flights with BA.

Upvote 0

emma c

Original Poster
We used to do a package holiday with Virgin but since last year we booked the resort with Disney, this has also included the park tickets (14 nights for the price of 7) plus free dining plan AND free Disney dollars! We have then booked flights with BA.
Was this option a lot cheaper?

Upvote 0

Anotherfaceinthecrowd

Haha I know you mean but in like 10-15 min later all sunshine, in 2010 we were over there in October at animal kingdom lodge and there was 1 cloud in the sky at night and it was thundering and lightening in it, such a strange thing to see did look good though

Upvote 0

dave&di

Was this option a lot cheaper?
Hell yeah! But it depends if you want to stay on site, if you don't there will be much cheaper options. Flights - I've only ever used Virgin and BA, BA are cheaper and just as good. If staying on site Disney UK do amazing offers.

Upvote 0

Anotherfaceinthecrowd

Hell yeah! But it depends if you want to stay on site, if you don't there will be much cheaper options. Flights - I've only ever used Virgin and BA, BA are cheaper and just as good. If staying on site Disney UK do amazing offers.

Did you go direct to BA for booking and which airport do you land with? Would you still get the magical express to WDW?

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom