Question For Main Street Cm......

DisneyMedic

Original Poster
Is there anyone out there that can help me out??

I have just been hired as a CM and am really looking foward to starting. I was hired into Attractions at main Street. The recurter told me that I will be doing crowd control for parades and shows as well as helping with the main Street attractions.

Can someone that works on Main Street give me some insite. What is it like? What will I be doing in addition to above? I was told I will work the Train Station as well. I know this will not inculde being an enginer..cry cry cry but dose that include being the conductor???

What is the process of working in this area. DO the CM's rotate thru positions thru out the day or are you in a set area one day and another the next. I am a full time employee and was woundering how the area works.

I am kicking around the idea of buying a one dayticket and going to the park and hanging out on MS and watching and talking to CM. Just want to get a jump on my new position.

If any Main Street CM's have any info or sugestions please clue me in.

Thanks For your help and I look foward to seeing you all on and off stage.

Main Street Jim

If/when you get your ID, you won't need to purchase any tickets; your ID alone will get you into the park.

I'm a trainer for Main Street Operations/Attractions, including PAC, Main Street Vehicles, and Conductor. I also work in all of those positions as well as Engineer. HOWEVER, I *may* going over to Everest for Opening Team; I'll find out next week ;)

When are you coming down?

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
Mainstreet

Mainstreet PAC rocks!!!! I only ever did it as overtime but the "dress blacks" look SOOOOO professional :sohappy:

~heather

DisneyMedic said:
Is there anyone out there that can help me out??

I have just been hired as a CM and am really looking foward to starting. I was hired into Attractions at main Street. The recurter told me that I will be doing crowd control for parades and shows as well as helping with the main Street attractions.

Can someone that works on Main Street give me some insite. What is it like? What will I be doing in addition to above? I was told I will work the Train Station as well. I know this will not inculde being an enginer..cry cry cry but dose that include being the conductor???

What is the process of working in this area. DO the CM's rotate thru positions thru out the day or are you in a set area one day and another the next. I am a full time employee and was woundering how the area works.

I am kicking around the idea of buying a one dayticket and going to the park and hanging out on MS and watching and talking to CM. Just want to get a jump on my new position.

If any Main Street CM's have any info or sugestions please clue me in.

Thanks For your help and I look foward to seeing you all on and off stage.

I personally wouldnt buy a one day ticket to get a head start. Its a great idea but maybe a waste of money. At traditions you will get your ID and then you can start entering the park like main street jim said. If it was anything like Frontierland training. You will "work" one day in dress clothes but without your nametage, and the next day you will be in full costume and work and learn area awareness. Then when you start your attraction training you will learn everything you need to know. So to buy a one day ticket would be a waste of your money, unless you really want to come and do other stuff.

theRIOT

PAC was always fun no matter where you worked.
I mean getting paid to watch the parade are you kidding me? I was a Vacation Planner, so we went to either Fantasyland or Tomorrowland, always a blast.
No, definatly wait 'till you get your ID.
Man, if they only knew how much $$$ they could have gotten out of me if I were a guest visiting. I went nearly every day after work.
SIGH. How I miss it so.
And yes, the Main Street Black and Whites do look rather snazzy.

DisneyMedic

Original Poster
Ok I know I am new but What is PAC???

SO after all of your trainning is done how do they decided where you work during the day/shift.. Do the rotate you thru each position through out the shift or do you stay in one place untill you get some time in??

Thanks for all your input

SpaceRacer2003

PAC = Parade Audience Control

You will have been assigned a postion before your training starts, it will either be PAC, Turnstiles, or Steam Train Conductor. As time goes on you will be able to train at the other positions.

If your full time there is the option to learn engineer. There are plenty of full-time and part-time engineers. We don't have seasonal engineers (unless they were full or part time previous to changing thier status), and the college program students are not trained there, just really due to time constraints. Because there are some CPs we'd love to have riding with us.

PhotoDave219

As someone who used to work along Main Street (yet in a diff role) there's no better cast or group of people to work with than the train engineers.... Just a fun group of peoples.

Scott M

Slightly off topic, but with regard to train engineers:

I currently work with someone who had anticipated becoming a WDW train engineer upon retirement of this career. He claims that he has been in contact with WDW, and that there are no opportunities for this position. He was told that it's a position that is in high demand, and that the current engineers are "lifers", with no openings anytime soon.

Was he pulling my leg? I do not believe that his wife wanted to make the move, and he may have came up with this excuse to save face. Are there openings for train engineers?

Scott

DisneyMedic

Original Poster
Hey gang,

Thanks for all your input. Looking foward to getting started on Sat at Traditions. How long after your traditions day is it before your first day on Stage. They told me someone from the area will meet me at Trad. Do they pretty much get you going right away.

Oh, I was not aware that the turn stiles at the front of the park are considered an attraction. SO the Main street cast are assigned to that area?? If you work the turn stile area are you pretty much stuck there or when the crowds lighten up durring the day do they move you to othere areas like PAC ect??? Do they train you for all the areas of Main street or just one and you stay there for a while?

Sorry for all the questions, just trying to get a feel for the area. Sounds like it will be alot of fun and interesting.

SpaceRacer2003

Scott M said:
Slightly off topic, but with regard to train engineers:
I currently work with someone who had anticipated becoming a WDW train engineer upon retirement of this career. He claims that he has been in contact with WDW, and that there are no opportunities for this position. He was told that it's a position that is in high demand, and that the current engineers are "lifers", with no openings anytime soon.
Scott

Nope your friend was told correctly... kind of. The position up until recent was a high demand positions with lifers at the helm. Due to circumsatnces beyond our control (and that is all I will say), that has changed and the engineer role is now slightly easier to obtain. That said however you can not hire in directly to engineer. You have to work your way up through the department to get into the seat, as they say. Everyone that current operates (no one drives, we can't steer), the train started as a conductor.

DisneyMedic said:
Oh, I was not aware that the turn stiles at the front of the park are considered an attraction. SO the Main street cast are assigned to that area?? If you work the turn stile area are you pretty much stuck there or when the crowds lighten up durring the day do they move you to othere areas like PAC ect??? Do they train you for all the areas of Main street or just one and you stay there for a while?

Yes, No & Maybe So... I don't know were your going to be training (contact me via Private Message please), but you will either train PAC, Conductor, or Turnstiles. Once you are trained in multiple locations and depending on the park hours you could work a split shift. For example you could do Turnstiles in the morning and PAC for the afternoon parade, or you could work afternoon parade and then be up on the Trains. BTW~ Check out the Disney Railroad Discussion Boards at Burnsland.com, there are a bunch of the WDWRR crew on there. Drop by and say Hi.

PhotoDave219 said:
As someone who used to work along Main Street (yet in a diff role) there's no better cast or group of people to work with than the train engineers.... Just a fun group of peoples.

Quit it, your making us blush... no seriously it's really no fun in the breakroom with a the three of you (from your former, former dept) all leaving us behind.

Sarablmagic

My daughter just received her email for the DCP with her position today! ATR-MK Main St Daily Ops (JM). Does anyone's know what the (JM) stand for? Thank you!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom