Question for Contemporary Rooms

maryg

I apologize if this is a repeat question. I am new, and can't find the search option for the boards.

We are staying in a Garden Room 1 bedroom. I keep asking the woman at the Disney phone number if this is a two bathroom room. She assures me that it is, but like I said, it is only a one bedroom unit. I need two bathrooms.

Also, I am really unsure if this room will be big enough for all of us. 2 adults, 2 teenage girls (this is why I need the other bathroom) and one 7-year-old boy (another reason for the other bathroom).

If anyone is familiar with this layout please help me.

Also, what items can be charged to your room? If I don't do the meal plan, can meals be charged to your room from anywhere in the park?

Thank-you for your help. I planned this vacation, and if memory serves me right, all vacations that "I" have planned have ended up nightmares. I am hoping with Disneyworld, I can't loose.

ogryn

You can charge most things to your room IIRC, including meals and snacks (even the outdoor vending carts)

http://www.allearsnet.com/acc/cont4.jpg
There is a picture of the Contempory Garden Wing bathroom. As you can see, two sinks, but only one bathroom. I think this is a similar setup to all the Deluxe Resort rooms. From reading this page, it seems that to get two seperate bathrooms, you'd need to go for a two bedroom suite, which is very pricey.

You can find out more about all the hotels here: http://www.allearsnet.com/acc/faq_hot.htm

Upvote 0

Robfasto

The Garden wing rooms at the Contemporary only have 1 bathroom with 2 sinks and the toilet in a side room with a door. The rooms are about the only rooms on property along with the Polynesian the I would be confortable having 5 people in.

Contemporary Garden Wing Room pictures

When we go we let the guys take showers in the evening, then the girls get ready in the morning.

Another option would be to get 2 connection rooms at a value resort, the total prices would be less than the Contemporary and you would have double everything, we have done this before also and works out nice having 2 showers, 2 TV's, 4 beds

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
We stayed in the garden wing last December with 5 people and were fine. There was only 1 bathroom in our room but it did have 2 sinks and was quite large. If I am not mistaken the Contemporary has the largest standard rooms on property. Sleeping arrangements shouldn’t be bad. The room will have 2 beds and a couch that converts to a bed.

Upvote 0

Yellow Shoes

You May Need to Re-Consider

It looks like from ogryn's photo, that the sinks are in the same room as the bathroom.

In other words, someone could brush teeth, dry hair, etc. when someone else is in the shower. However, with the ages of your children, modesty may be an issue.

Wilderness Lodge has only the toilet and tub behind a door. The sinks are outside the door, so that sink activities can happen simultaneously with showers.

From the pictures on allearsnet, it looks like the Polynesian also has sinks, tubs, and toilet behind a door, thus potentially limiting the number of people who can be getting ready at one time.

In your situation, I would seriously consider 2 connecting rooms.

My suspicion is that when you asked for 2 bathrooms, you meant 2 sinks, 2 toilets, and 2 showers. You won't get that in a garden room at the Contemporary.

Upvote 0

maryg

Original Poster
Called Disney, and they keep saying I have two bathrooms

I have a Garden Suite 1 Bedroom (it is the 800/night room). They keep saying it has two toilets, two sinks and two bathtubs.

Is it quite possible that they are making a mistake? Should I call the resort to make sure?

PS. I really do need the two bathrooms. Well, not me personally, but the family as a hole (awhole...spelling...whatever).

Upvote 0

tigsmom

maryg said:
I have a Garden Suite 1 Bedroom (it is the 800/night room). They keep saying it has two toilets, two sinks and two bathtubs.

Is it quite possible that they are making a mistake? Should I call the resort to make sure?

PS. I really do need the two bathrooms. Well, not me personally, but the family as a hole (awhole...spelling...whatever).

I found this description on: http://www.yourmagicaljourneys.com/Karen/karens_suites.htm

1 Bedroom Hospitality – is located in the garden wing. It has 2 queen beds and a daybed. The living room has a queen size bed. There is a oversized parlor with a tv, vcr, dining table and chairs, hospitality bar with refrigerator, sink, icemaker and dishwasher. There are 2 bathrooms. Sleeps 7. 1280 sq. ft.

Does this sound like the room they described?

And you can charge back to your room, even food at the kiosks in the parks. Just have them put charging privilages on the cards you want to use. My 16 y/o get to charge, but my 10 y/o does not. :wave:

Upvote 0

maryg

Original Poster
I think you're right. They did mention the parlor and the fridge. I don't remember the hospitality part. I hope I'm not in for a rude surprise. They did mention that the room can sleep seven. Of course, this doesn't mean anything, you can cram alot of sardines in a can.

I'm glad the kids can charge back to the room. I feel better knowing that instead of throwing cash at them (they loose cash).

Too bad about room service. That is one of the joys in my life, and it's nice to get away from the crowds and eat. Well, I'll consider that a splurge.

Upvote 0

JPVonDrake

maryg said:

I would agree with what you have been told.

Based on your wording it does sound like you are in room catagory CJ "WING Garden 1 Bedroom Suite"

This Suite does have 2 queen beds in the bedroom, and a day bed plus a queen sico bed (also known as a murphy bed) in the parlor. You do have 2 full bathrooms and your suite is 1313 sq ft. There are 10 total of these suites located on the 2nd and 3rd floors of the North and South Wing buildings. The nightly 2005 rack rate is $800 value season, $880 regular season plus taxes.

Enjoy your vacation stay at the Contemporary Resort! :sohappy:

Upvote 0

GTOKID

I just stayed at the contemporary may 3-8 and WAS NOT IMPRESSED!!!! frist day carped in hall was missing, and they were painting and Ice Machine was too far away and the drink machine was AWOL for the frist 2 days. rooms were large but even with fresh paint and new carpet looked OLD. But after the shock wore off I enjoyed the view and the watercraft. hot tub was dirty...pool was cold. think I will pick a different hotel next trip BTW this was my 3rd stay till there.(tower,garden,standard-handicap accessible room)

Upvote 0

s25843

maryg said:

I know the presidental suite has 3 bathrooms (See my photo album for pics) but I am not sure if the garden does.

Have you considered just getting 2 connecting wing rooms? That would guarentee you 2 bathrooms, and would prob be cheaper (The wing suites DO Not have concierge access)

Upvote 0

polynesiangirl

If they told you that the room sleeps 7, then your room is not the standard Contemporary room with one bathroom. Those rooms (the standard room)sleep 5, and WDW will never tell you that it sleeps more than that (since the lower the number of people that can sleep in a room, the more likely you are to have to rent an additional room from them!)

I would say that you are probably safe going with what WDW told you - so you shouldn't be worried! Either way, you've picked a great resort and you'll have a great time, and the Disney folks will usually be quite helpful in making sure you're settled and happy when you get there. And of course if you have more questions about it you can always call and ask them - that's what they're there for, and they hear this kind of stuff every day.

For the record, I picked the Contemporary once when I planned a trip for a group of people and they LOVED it - so hopefully this will help ease your mind. :)

Hope this helped! :wave:

Upvote 0

maryg

Original Poster
Wow, the square footage sounds what the woman was telling me, but I thought she must be mistaken.

I'm sorry GTO kid had a bad time. I hope the rest of the park made up for it.

Someday, I hope to be able to afford the presidential suite. Of course, this will be when I'm too old to enjoy it.

Thank-you for your help

Upvote 0

KumbaRider

A standard Garden view room has 1 bathroom, in which a door encloses it from the room. Within there are 2 sinks, 1 shower, and another door leading to a toilet. However, in your case, since it appears you have a suite, you should have 2 bathrooms, as well as PLENTY of room and an even nicer view. Enjoy your trip, everything will be great! The Contemporary is so much fun!

Upvote 0

maryg

Original Poster
Great information on the Contemporary. Now the bad news, I found the search button. It seems as though the Contemporary, and especially the Wings, are pretty crappy.

Aside from GTO kid, has anyone been there recently?

(I once stayed in a rental house in Carolina beach which had roaches and fleas. I hope I don't replay that scenario. I spent most of the vacation cleaning.)

Upvote 0

s25843

maryg said:
Great information on the Contemporary. Now the bad news, I found the search button. It seems as though the Contemporary, and especially the Wings, are pretty crappy.

Aside from GTO kid, has anyone been there recently?

(I once stayed in a rental house in Carolina beach which had roaches and fleas. I hope I don't replay that scenario. I spent most of the vacation cleaning.)

It isn't that bad. I usually try to stay there every other trip (Contemp and AKL are my personal Favs). I usually stay in the tower or 14th floor. Remember this is Disney, its not going to be a roach motel by any means.

Upvote 0

polynesiangirl

As I mentioned earlier, I have stayed there recently, and many times throughout my life (it was the first Disney resort I ever stayed at at age 3!) I wouldn't be too scared off by the naysayers - every hotel is bound to have problems from time to time, but I absolutely adore the Contemporary. Along with the Polynesian, it's one of the main resorts I think of as truly Disney.

It has AMAZING food (Chef Mickey's, a huge fan favorite, and California Grill, one of the classiest and most gourmet restaurants on property, for example,) and you just cannot compare to the effect of the MONORAIL going right through the center of the resort main building. The ability to hop on the monorail OR WALK to the MK (which you can ONLY do from the Contemporary) is a pretty huge bonus. I also adore the beach front, and the ability to hang out on the beach and just chill out. The ONLY thing I think I've ever had a problem with (and a minor one at that) is the size of the pools, which during more busy times can become crowded.

On a related note, while I prefer the tower rooms, the wings are fine and many people prefer them to the tower as they are considered more removed and serene and quiet. I really would not at all consider it "crappy" by any means whatsoever.

Hope this gives you some added confidence!

Upvote 0

maryg

Original Poster
Thank-you for making me feel better.

I had some hectic few days, and never read the last replies to my Contemporary room anxieties. Therefore, I've been biting my nails for the past few days.

Thank-you for putting my mind at ease. I'm now going to worry about the 12 hour car ride on Memorial Weekend with a son who gets carsick.

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

Oh my word no!!!!!!! I have stayed at 3 out of the 4 on the Value level of the resorts and 4 out of four on the Moderate level as well. I have NEVER had that problem at Disney!!!! That is why I pay a bit more to stay on property!!!! I sometimes travel alone and I cant deal with stuff like that. The Contemporary is one of the older resorts but I dont think anyone who has stayed there would describe it in a run down condition. If you are looking for a newer resort in the Deluxe Level maybe Animal Kingdom Lodge has something along the same lines? I would call back and check there, or the Yacht & Beach Club which are among the newer resorts I think. Someone correct me if I Am wrong on that please. Belle

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

maryg said:
I had some hectic few days, and never read the last replies to my Contemporary room anxieties. Therefore, I've been biting my nails for the past few days.

Thank-you for putting my mind at ease. I'm now going to worry about the 12 hour car ride on Memorial Weekend with a son who gets carsick.
One word DRAMAMINE!!!!!!! It has always worked for me!!!!!! Belle

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom