Question about upgrading a Buy 4 Get 3 Free park ticket to an Annal Pass

candyman9585

Question about upgrading a Buy 4 Get 3 Free park ticket to an Annual Pass

Hi everyone, I have a question that is kind of important. If anyone has any info, or has tried to do this already please let me know. I would greatly appreciate any info on this. I have a package with the buy 4 get 3 free deal, and on that deal I have a 7 day ticket. I am paying for 4 days of tickets and getting 3 free. When I get to the park I will have a 7 day ticket in hand. If I decide when I am there that I want to upgrade to an annual pass will I have to pay the difference from a 7 day ticket to an annual pass, or a 4 day ticket to an annual pass. It really wouldn't be a deal or fair if i'm suppose to buy 4 and get 3 free, but then if I want to upgrade I do not get the 3 free anymore. Anyone that has done this, or has any info I would really appreciate it! :animwink:

CleveRocks

I'm unsure of the answer to your question. But the good news is, even if you don't find out the answer in advance, there's only a $9 difference between a 4-day and 7-day ticket, anyway, so it's not like you will be out a whole lot of money depending on the answer.

Upvote 0

Nansafan

Hi everyone, I have a question that is kind of important. If anyone has any info, or has tried to do this already please let me know. I would greatly appreciate any info on this. I have a package with the buy 4 get 3 free deal, and on that deal I have a 7 day ticket. I am paying for 4 days of tickets and getting 3 free. When I get to the park I will have a 7 day ticket in hand. If I decide when I am there that I want to upgrade to an annual pass will I have to pay the difference from a 7 day ticket to an annual pass, or a 4 day ticket to an annual pass. It really wouldn't be a deal or fair if i'm suppose to buy 4 and get 3 free, but then if I want to upgrade I do not get the 3 free anymore. Anyone that has done this, or has any info I would really appreciate it! :animwink:

As I understand how it works, you are not paying for 4 days of tickets and getting 3 days of tickets free. You are paying for 4 nights of hotel accommodations and getting 3 nights of hotel accommodations free. When I looked at pricing for our vacation this June, we wanted to add the "park hopper and water park and more" options to the base tickets offered. When you clicked on this section of the price quote, it showed prices for all the days of tickets. There were no "free" days.

Upvote 0

sbkline

As I understand how it works, you are not paying for 4 days of tickets and getting 3 days of tickets free. You are paying for 4 nights of hotel accommodations and getting 3 nights of hotel accommodations free. When I looked at pricing for our vacation this June, we wanted to add the "park hopper and water park and more" options to the base tickets offered. When you clicked on this section of the price quote, it showed prices for all the days of tickets. There were no "free" days.

The 4/3 deal does include a 7 day pass for the price of 4. But like CleveRocks said, the 3 free admissions on the ticket isn't where the value lies. The value lies in the 3 free hotel days. Even if you just stay at a value resort, by getting three nights free, that's a savings of around 300 bucks. However, getting 7 days for the price of 4 on your ticket only saves you around 9 bucks, as CleveRocks says. So that's just a little added bonus (a VERY small bonus) on top of the real discount, which is 3 free nights at your hotel. So even if you forfeit that to make it into an AP, you're not forfeiting much.

Upvote 0

Rob562

Hi Rob562, I read your response on the other post, but do you know if that definitly works for sure? :)

I don't know specifically that it will work for the tickets purchased under the B4G3 package promotion, but I *do* personally know that in general, using a ticket first will definitely lock in its price at the current gate value.

When we went in September, we'd booked with base tickets. When we got there, my friends needed to upgrade their tickets to add extra days and the Water Parks & More option. They used their tickets to get into Epcot on our first night, and then we upgraded them the next morning at the Lobby Concierge desk.

Between the time we booked and the time we went on the trip, ticket prices had gone up. So the gate-price was now higher than what we paid for the tickets. We were credited for the current price rather than what we actually paid.

(Since the upgrade was charged to our room charge, we got the line-by-line listing showing exactly what they did. As part of it, there was a random line-item credit that was for the exact amount of the different between what we PAID for the tickets and the current gate-price of those tickets. The difference is "charged" to their own internal ticketing account so that the accounting books balance out at the end of the month.)

-Rob

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom