Question about ToT seat belts...

inDisney

Original Poster
I am going to Disney World in the end of March, I just wanted to know if the seat belts on ToT were the same as normal car seat belts. Do they reach a farther distance?

WDW_Sam

Please don't quote me on this, but i believe they now have shoulder OR more secure lap bars. If im not mistaken they do not have a "belt" mechanism. Someone correct me if im wrong. Sorry for any wrong info given.

Sam

Chape19714

they are very similar, and stretch pretty far. They do however only go across your lap, not across your shoulder. The main difference is that once you're buckled, you can't hit the red button while on the ride, it is literally locked in to the slot. You're released at the end, of coarse. :lol: Most, if not all Disney Seatbelts are like this, with a few exceptions, like Kali.

A safety bar is also used on ToT, unless you're in the back row, on the aisle seats.

inDisney

Original Poster
Thanks everyone. The reason I ask is because my dad is going with us this year and he is a pretty heavy guy. He wanted to know if he would be able to get on ToT.

dandaman

Only seat belts, from right to left. No shoulder straps or over-the-shoulder restraints (a la Rock 'n Roller Coaster), and nothing to hold on to. :drevil: :D

inDisney

Original Poster
dandaman said:
Only seat belts, from right to left. No shoulder straps or over-the-shoulder restraints (a la Rock 'n Roller Coaster), and nothing to hold on to. :drevil: :D

I've been on the ride before, but I just wanted to know if the seat belts stretch-out like normal car seat belts do.

pat_naughty05

dandaman said:

Nothing to hold on to? Are you sure? I'm pretty sure there are small bars on the seats between riders that you can hold on to. Right beside where you sit (you have to reach straight down by your side to grab them). Right?

pilka214

ok i was on TOT not to long ago, the ride no longer has anything to grab onto, just a very secure saftey belt. personally i liked the old way with just the bar which didn't come down on ya or nothing so u like flew outta ur seat. but no now they have a tight belt which completly holds u down. and it is just like a car saftey belt but it only has the one strap across your wait nothing over the shoulder.

Vernonpush

This is from Deb's site:
http://allearsnet.com/tp/rdszmgm.htm#6

"Tower of Terror

I am almost 400 lbs and Tower of Terror was always one of my favorites with the bench seats and bar. I panicked the last time when someone mentioned they had switched to those nasty seatbelts. When I got up to the elevator I pulled the CM aside (a skinny little size 2) who was wonderful and said don't worry that many larger than me have been on and she would help. She made sure to save the front row and the end seats for my firend and I. She had me sit down first and she pulled out the seat belt and fastened it (this was a great spot since the benches have no arms on the aisle side to give me extra room) and then had my friend sit and do his second. All this was done without much ado or embarrassment. (Joan, June 2005)

The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror has been refitted with seat belts from the previous lap bars. I have been seated on the aisle, in the middle, and by the wall. The most comfortable spot is on the aisle, with the LEAST comfortable being by the wall. (August 2003)"

peter11435

pilka214 said:
ok i was on TOT not to long ago, the ride no longer has anything to grab onto, just a very secure saftey belt. personally i liked the old way with just the bar which didn't come down on ya or nothing so u like flew outta ur seat. but no now they have a tight belt which completly holds u down. and it is just like a car saftey belt but it only has the one strap across your wait nothing over the shoulder.
They still have a bar between each seat that you can hold on to.

dandaman

I could've really used that information on my first ride back in 2003. :eek: :lol:

My on-ride photo shows me trying to grab the seat in front of me. :lookaroun

Rob562

inDisney said:
I've been on the ride before, but I just wanted to know if the seat belts stretch-out like normal car seat belts do.

They're virtually the same seat belt mechanism from other Disney rides, like Star Tours and Dinosaur. Retractable lap belt pulls out from one side and snaps into a buckle on the other. A device inside the buckle prevents the belt from being unbuckled until they tell you to.

Side note: Has anyone noticed that Tower of Terror's seatbelts are backwards from all the other rides'? At Tower, they go from left to right, but on Star Tours and Dinosaur it's (picturing C3PO...) "to fasten, pull the seatbelt out from the right side of your seat and snap it into the console on your left". I'm blanking on which direction Soarin' belts go...

-Rob

jr06compmaster

im pretty sure Soarin goes right to left as well. i was at disney from feb 11-19 and i rode ToT 7 times in a row on the 17th, for some reason it had no line all day.

MickeyTigg

WDW_Sam said:
Please don't quote me on this, but i believe they now have shoulder OR more secure lap bars. If im not mistaken they do not have a "belt" mechanism. Someone correct me if im wrong. Sorry for any wrong info given.

Sam

They removed the lap bars a few years ago.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom