Question about the road that goes around the Magic Kingdom?

Atticus

Original Poster
Hey,

I was just at WDW July 29 - August 7th.....

I've read in the past about this road. I'm talking about the one that you take to go to the Contemporary or what the WDW buses go on. We were parked in the lot right near the security booth at the Contemporary Hotel and after dinner fooling around I said to my dad lets make a right instead of the left that we would take to get back to the Dolphin.

When he actually started to go I said wait I'm not sure if we should do this. But the problem is, there are no signs that say "Do Not Enter"...etc....

So I was wondering what If someone who didn't know Disney continued on the road past the Contemporary and kept going.

Over by the Grand Floridian I believe it is the same road, right past the guest parking lot. Neither sides have any signs that prohibit people from still driving.

Has anyone here ever kept going or known any who has? Exactly what has happened to them?

Mike

Irrawaddy Erik

I drive on those roads each day

They lead to a giant black hole that once you enter you never heard from again.........actually they lead to cast parking and different service areas.....and a very small black hole...

Dizneydude87

I take that road all the time. I live near Winter Garden and Cleremont, so I take Winter Garden Vineland to Reems Rd. I then go through the Employe entrance to get to the park. They don't care, I just tell them Im going to guest drop off, and they always let me. I have an AP so I usualy get dropped off once a week, or once evrey two weeks. It's neat back there. Theres an employe parking lot, a monorail (Transportation) workshop thing, power plant lookin area, I think a daycare. I always have to turn Left at the end though. If you keep going straight, you go into the tunnel. They won't let you back there. When you turn Left, you see all the monorail switch tracks, rail road tracks, and go right behing Space Mountain. It's kinda cool seeing SPM like that, up close, with no buildings covering it. After you pass Space, you're near the Contemporay. You can't go right at that stop sign 9or light...I forgot) or you will be in the Disney bus area for the MK that only Resot guests use, or they drop off reguar guests there if its raining. Next time you're back there, and going home, go the back way. When you go through all the stuff, and exit Dsney property, go Right for Lake Buenevista, and Left for Winter Garden/Ocoe. :D

Atticus

Original Poster
Hey,

I just looked at WDW Transportation Map and they call the road Floridian Way that goes behind the MK! It's a thick line like most of the other roads listed here, so I guess they aren't trying to "hide" it or anything.

You know the road that Fort Wilderness is on?

Well after leaving the Contemporary we took that since you hav to make a right or left when coming up towards the MK Toll Plaza.

When going left for a while you come to this buildings and signs that have disney trucks...just normal buildings and stuff...After making a right we passed some sort of Daycare Center. Again we made another right onto the road that Downtown Disney is. If instead of making the right towards Downtown Disney we turned left, where does that road lead?

*****Update to above
Now after reading a map...the road I am talking about is Vistas Bldvd. which turns into Vista Rd. We then made a right when we came to the Disney Buildings that had normal trucks...etc... onto Live Oak Lane, where I believe a Day Care was...and then finally onto Buena Vista Drive which Downtown Disney is on...

I guess this is where shipments for the whole Disney World resort go...etc...??

Mike

Mike

Dizneydude87

Originally posted by Atticus
Hey,

You know the road that Fort Wilderness is on?

Well after leaving the Contemporary we took that since you hav to make a right or left when coming up towards the MK Toll Plaza.

When going left for a while you come to this buildings and signs that have disney trucks...just normal buildings and stuff...After making a right we passed some sort of Daycare Center. Again we made another right onto the road that Downtown Disney is. If instead of making the right towards Downtown Disney we turned left, where does that road lead?

Mike

Is this on Disney property? Cause if not, and you left Disney, were Winter Garden Vineland is, you turn Right for DTD and Left for Ocoe.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
if you keep going straight, you will see 1 sign that essentially means Do Not Enter... a 'Service and Authorized Vehicles ONLY' sign. After that, you'll hit a 4 way stop, make a left and you'll be headed to the MK Utilidor (security will stop you at the kiosk), make a right, and you're headed for the 'burbs/MK CM Parking Lot/Central Shops/Disney U), Go straight, you'll pass frontierland and head towards the Gr. FLA

Atticus

Original Poster
Ah so there is a sign! Well good thing we didn't drive through then! But it is odd that the road is a pretty thick line like the rest of the roads on the "Disney Transportation Guide"...you would think they would kind of just not draw the line all the way around if they didn't want you going that way...oh well!

Mike

jmarc63

Originally posted by mktiggerman
if you keep going straight, you will see 1 sign that essentially means Do Not Enter... a 'Service and Authorized Vehicles ONLY' sign. After that, you'll hit a 4 way stop, make a left and you'll be headed to the MK Utilidor (security will stop you at the kiosk), make a right, and you're headed for the 'burbs/MK CM Parking Lot/Central Shops/Disney U), Go straight, you'll pass frontierland and head towards the Gr. FLA

I think he was talking about the service area that is over by Eagle Pines GC by 535. He mentions Live Oak Dr/ Live Oak Lane which runs from Buena Vista Rd to Bonnett Creek Rd in an east/west direction by Eagle Pines GC. There is a service area there with a national chain day Care Center I thinks It's called Kindercare. when I was there in 93 i drove thru thee and no one said anything security didn't stop me whan I saw them.

BTW do they still have the security booth on Vista Blvd. It was some where between FW and Bonnett creek road. I remember in the 70s my dad taking that road as a shortcut to go from the MK area to what was knowen as the Buena Vista shoppping village Now DTD before they built EPCOT and compleated the southern leg of Buena Vista Drive and we would pass this security Booth and all we had to do was show resort ID and we could pass, otherwise you had to take World Drive to 192 go east to I4 then get off 535 Appoka/Vinland Rd and turn left to Preview Blvd now called Hotel Plaza Blvd and Go left again

Atticus

Original Poster
JMarc,

Yes they still have the security gate on that road near Fort Wilderness!

Your right about the area I was talking about! Do you know if all stuff is delivered there or something? Merchandise?....

Mike

Figment1986

I remember that Security booth, I ride buses that take that back road to DTD, (I sometimes visit Comtempary resort when i visit DTD, I also sometimes go to the Epcot resorts for pictures, Nice day. and Nice pin places all over, lol)

Also my Sister when she had her gradnight long a go had riden the bus, it went on the swervise road, and gone past all that stuff in the dark, then went over past the parade wearhouse, seen the parades getting fixed up, Then Went over the railroad tracks and gobne through the Gradnight securuty check, and Had fun, with that nice experiance too.

jmarc63

Originally posted by Atticus
JMarc,

Yes they still have the security gate on that road near Fort Wilderness!

Your right about the area I was talking about! Do you know if all stuff is delivered there or something? Merchandise?....

Mike

atticus I'm not shure what they deliver to thoes warehouses now, They could be warehouseing for goods for the property, But I do know that area was where the construction adminstrative offices were when they were building WDW and some staging was done there for materials that came to the site. If you notice some of the names they chose for the streets there it would be a good indication as what the area is for

Attachments

• mqmapgendwdw.gif
    mqmapgendwdw.gif
    9.5 KB · Views: 127

roysta123

I was on a bus from MK to Animal Kingdom Lodge after the park closed. I was the only one on the bus so I asked the driver if he would take me behind the MK. He showed me the entrance to the utilidors and the electric fence around the park. Then we came out by GF.

jmarc63

Originally posted by leebier
There's a street called Wed Way

That's awesome!

Lee

YES there is and they are the original names and were built when WDW construction was started on May 30th,1967

jmarc63

Originally posted by DisneyInsider
So which roads can regular people actually go on?

And is there a way to go behind the Magic Kingdom without getting in trouble?

The only way without geting in to trouble with security is to take 535. you can reach it by taking E Buena vista Dr from DTD and make a left and go north around the back side of MK
See map

Attachments

• mqmapgendwdw2.gif
    mqmapgendwdw2.gif
    24.9 KB · Views: 80

mkt

Premium Member
Originally posted by DisneyInsider
So which roads can regular people actually go on?

And is there a way to go behind the Magic Kingdom without getting in trouble?

you won't get in any trouble for going back there... I've seen thousands of lost and not so lost tourists in that are. Just don't go spying around anywhere you're not supposed to. And DON'T MAKE A LEFT AT THE 4 WAY STOP! You will delay everyone with legitimate business at MK, when security has to stop you and play 20 questions

s25843

Im sure they let a 14 year old wander around back there

Originally posted by Dizneydude87
I take that road all the time. I live near Winter Garden and Cleremont, so I take Winter Garden Vineland to Reems Rd. I then go through the Employe entrance to get to the park. They don't care, I just tell them Im going to guest drop off, and they always let me. I have an AP so I usualy get dropped off once a week, or once evrey two weeks. It's neat back there. Theres an employe parking lot, a monorail (Transportation) workshop thing, power plant lookin area, I think a daycare. I always have to turn Left at the end though. If you keep going straight, you go into the tunnel. They won't let you back there. When you turn Left, you see all the monorail switch tracks, rail road tracks, and go right behing Space Mountain. It's kinda cool seeing SPM like that, up close, with no buildings covering it. After you pass Space, you're near the Contemporay. You can't go right at that stop sign 9or light...I forgot) or you will be in the Disney bus area for the MK that only Resot guests use, or they drop off reguar guests there if its raining. Next time you're back there, and going home, go the back way. When you go through all the stuff, and exit Dsney property, go Right for Lake Buenevista, and Left for Winter Garden/Ocoe. :D

Apot2788

Question???

Ok i have a question, If enter through the MK tolls how excatly do I get to the enterance or security checkpoint of the utlidors?

(P.S. If you guys already said I am sorry I am kinda lost!:hammer: )

Thanks Joseph

mkt

Premium Member
Originally posted by s25843
Im sure they let a 14 year old wander around back there

uh... yeah, they do. There is an apartment complex back there, just across the street from WDW, and the kids that live there go to Disney U all the time, to go to the bank, get some food, or catch a bus.

Also, WDW Property is on route for a lot of people going from say... Winter Garden to Davenport.

They will let people back there, since even though it is backstage, it doesn't hurt the company

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom