Question about the Professional Internship

Kristilovesdw

Original Poster
Hey everyone! :wave: I'm completely new to WDWMagic forums but I think this would be the best place, other than WDW casting, to get some answers I was looking for. I applied for PI's last month and just had what I believe to be a preliminary interview asking asking me general questions and a few personal questions as well. It lasted about a 1/2 hour. What happens from here? The recruiter told me someone would be in contact but will that be the end all of it? Hired or not? Any help would be great!!

Also, I am not from central Florida and would need to find housing by mid-June if I were hired. What are good apartment/condo communities in the Orlando/Disney/Kissimmee area to look at for younger cast memebers (I'm 22).

Thanks everyone!!!

Well first off welcome ksherin :wave: If you've already had your first interview, you're already way ahead of me. I've applied for 4 positions a week or so ago and haven't received any type of phone call or email... yet. I'm constantly jumping when the phone rings, so I'm super anxious for the call, I just want to know if I'm even being considered so I can move on.

Anywho so far I've read that they call with an offer, email with a rejection. Disboards has alot of great answers to those questions, as I read it everyday, here's a link to the PI page:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2076690&page=8

As for housing, the housing offered (Northbridge) looks really nice, I've posted a link to that as well. As far as anything else though, I'm not familiar with the Orlando area at all, and if I were offered a position, I'd stay at Northbridge in a hearbeat. Plus it's only $131 a week out of your paycheck, not sure you could find anything cheaper :shrug: and it's apparently about 20 minutes from WDW.

http://www.northbridgeapartments.com/

CaptainMichael

It's virtually impossible...especially since they cut a whole bunch for the fall...even if you did CP and/or you're a campus rep.

My friend was interviewed twice, is super qualified, but was rejected on Monday. She applied on the first day applications were taken.

Kristilovesdw

Original Poster
It's virtually impossible...especially since they cut a whole bunch for the fall...even if you did CP and/or you're a campus rep.

My friend was interviewed twice, is super qualified, but was rejected on Monday. She applied on the first day applications were taken.

Ah, that's disappointing but I can't say I didn't suspect it :( Just out of curiosity, do you know what position or positions, your friend applied for?

packwingfn

Any advice for the Phone Interview?

I have one on Tuesday for Animal Programs/Animal Technology?

This sucks, my throat has been bothering me for a week now. I hope it'll be all better by the interview.

ksherin

Thanks Kristi for the posts! They were very helpful. I applied to a few PI's myself and am actually unsure at this point which one they are actually going to be interviewing me for. The first phone interview seemed preliminary. I got an application today but that seems general as well. I hope this works out! And good luck with your applications!

CaptainMichael

To all those applying for PI's please have a plan B, C, and D. They are very limited, and the way they select is crazy. Treat it like the lottery, buy a ticket, but keep going to work.

Kristilovesdw

Original Poster
Thanks Kristi for the posts! They were very helpful. I applied to a few PI's myself and am actually unsure at this point which one they are actually going to be interviewing me for. The first phone interview seemed preliminary. I got an application today but that seems general as well. I hope this works out! And good luck with your applications!

You're welcome, good luck on yours as well!

To all those applying for PI's please have a plan B, C, and D. They are very limited, and the way they select is crazy. Treat it like the lottery, buy a ticket, but keep going to work.

That's what worries me... but you're right, I'm glad I've set aside other options just in case. Thanks for your help CaptainMichael!

Figment82

I completed my PI last spring, and it was the greatest time of my life. It opened the door for so many things, and I couldn't say enough nice things about it.

As has previously stated, a lot of the PIs were not available this year, so if you don't make it, keep trying. It's a fantastic experience!

Good luck!

packwingfn

Yeah I have a plan b. If I don't get the PI, Then I'm just going to stay as a seasonal cast member at EPCOT, and I won't be disappointed. I'm just happy to make it this far, but I am still working harder to make it further.

Brett

I just applied to the Labor Operations Staffing Analyst Intern position. I'm an industrial engineering major, but don't have much real-world experience. Crossing my fingers. Good luck to everybody else who has applied. Hopefully, we'll all be working for the mouse soon!!

SeaBreeze

I just applied to the Labor Operations Staffing Analyst Intern position. I'm an industrial engineering major, but don't have much real-world experience. Crossing my fingers. Good luck to everybody else who has applied. Hopefully, we'll all be working for the mouse soon!!

Good luck! WDW is definitely a Mecca for IEs :) If for some reason you don't get it this time, try to get an internship with another company in the meantime and keep applying. Remember that you can apply in your last semester too and work after you've graduated :wave:

WDWFanatic4

Has anyone gotten a phone call about a phone interview yet on the PIs they applied for. I am getting nervous and anixous and just want to know. So far I have had one phone interview with just the basic Disney questions, thats all. Any idea when they will start to notify people.

Kristilovesdw

Original Poster
I just checked Disney's site and it appears most of the internships have now disappeared. Does that mean those positions have been filled???

Bug715

Has anyone gotten a phone call about a phone interview yet on the PIs they applied for. I am getting nervous and anixous and just want to know. So far I have had one phone interview with just the basic Disney questions, thats all. Any idea when they will start to notify people.

After my basic interview I asked how long till the areas would start contacting people and she said it would be 4-6 weeks.

I just checked Disney's site and it appears most of the internships have now disappeared. Does that mean those positions have been filled???

I'm guessing its because the deadline has passed? Since it doesn't make sense to leave them up if you can't apply for them anymore. If you have applied for a position you will recieve an e-mail telling you that they chose someone else or the position isn't available anymore.

Also, keep in mind that they can still get rid of positions. A Leader friend of mine asked around since I didn't get one last semester and he said there were however many posted and the number of people hired was way lower.

Kristilovesdw

Original Poster

I have yet to receive any type of phone interview, so I'd say you're way ahead of haha.

I'm guessing its because the deadline has passed? Since it doesn't make sense to leave them up if you can't apply for them anymore. If you have applied for a position you will recieve an e-mail telling you that they chose someone else or the position isn't available anymore.

Also, keep in mind that they can still get rid of positions. A Leader friend of mine asked around since I didn't get one last semester and he said there were however many posted and the number of people hired was way lower.

I thought that myself but since they just took them down today (almost 2 weeks after the deadline) I just thought it was a little odd.

Also, I have yet another question maybe someone can help me with, the area/department I applied for is Costuming, does anyone have any experience in that department? I have yet to read anywhere anyones experience (PI wise) in that area, I've seen alot in Animal and Engineering programs but none in Costuming...

LongballMG

WDW just completed a massive round of layoffs. One of my friends lost her job. It was an O & T role (Office and Technical).

I can't see them filling PI's this semester. It should be interesting.

Kristilovesdw

Original Poster
*bump

Just thought I'd bump the thread to see if anyone here has heard anything on their PI's yet? I STILL have yet to even get a screening interview, which is making me super anxious since I'm hearing so many people already being accepted! I'm still hoping at thise point "that no news is good news".

Also the management PI's are up (didn't think I'd see those open up). Good luck!

ksa1314

i applied to 7 (yes.. 7) pi's and only had the peliminary interview about 3 weeks ago. they said it could take 4-8 weeks to hear back for the next interview... i really hope i get one (mostly the management!). i applied for the spring 09 management pi, and got the second interview and everything but then i didnt get it :(. im hoping to hear soon!! ill post here as soon as i hear anything!!

Kristilovesdw

Original Poster
i applied to 7 (yes.. 7) pi's and only had the peliminary interview about 3 weeks ago. they said it could take 4-8 weeks to hear back for the next interview... i really hope i get one (mostly the management!). i applied for the spring 09 management pi, and got the second interview and everything but then i didnt get it :(. im hoping to hear soon!! ill post here as soon as i hear anything!!

Sending good luck your way, and please keep us posted! I'm still anxiously waiting to hear anything, just a yes or no... I see so many people getting accepted and all the Management PI's are down from the site so hopefully that's a good sign that things are moving along. I'm giving it 2 more weeks, then I'll move on to the next step (the job offer here at home and sign up for the summer semester) because quite frankly less than month is too short of a notice for me to arrange everything to move to Orlando.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom