Question about the Headless Horseman

Disnerd2003

Original Poster
Hey! I'm a CM who just transferred back to MK to work the Halloween Parties. The last time I did this was 2003. Back then, the Headless Horseman used to fly down main street and the rest of the parade route so fast the horseshoes would spark. Such a spectacle to see. When I got back to working it last night, I saw that hes going SUPER slow now. Why? Upon further investigation all videos I find after 2003 have him slowed down. Why did they calm him down?

Cmdr_Crimson

Pretty sure it was due to that reason.. Especially for the saftey of the guests and CM's on a situation like that..The incident happened in 2012 after a rainfall the Horse lost it's balance and slipped on the turn..

Disnerd2003

Original Poster
Pretty sure it was due to that reason.. Especially for the saftey of the guests and CM's on a situation like that..The incident happened in 2012 after a rainfall the Horse lost it's balance and slipped on the turn..

Like I said I was aware of that. Seems from videos they slowed him down in 2006.

The_Jobu

Do you know which horse it was or if they were ok? I always enjoy visiting them at the Tri-Circle D.

Disnerd2003

Original Poster
Sadly, I don't...
Do you know which horse it was or if they were ok? I always enjoy visiting them at the Tri-Circle D.
Since I knew of this incident and the many horses in the role, I am familiar with it. This horse was Khan. He has been doing the role since 2000. He was fine after and the rider still does the horseman to this day. Both were unharmed.

Tanna Eros

Since I knew of this incident and the many horses in the role, I am familiar with it. This horse was Khan. He has been doing the role since 2000. He was fine after and the rider still does the horseman to this day. Both were unharmed.
Thank you. I have an issue when horses get hurt.

DisneyGigi

He still ran in 2008 when we did MNSSHP the first time. I remember seeing that awful video where he slipped before we went back in 2014. Glad they slowed it down. It looked better at the fast pace but watching that horse fall broke my heart. The trot they do now is just as cool and safer for the horse.

Vacationeer

In the Parks
No

It made a baby cry, that was reason enough right there to slow down. And safety is also always a concern :D

SirWillow

I also remember when he used to race down the street. it was very cool to see.

The horse slipped and fell one time

More than once is what I've heard, including a back stage story (that may or may not be true) that a guest who decided to cross the street in front of the horse got run over. I honestly don't know how many times, but I'm sure that it was safety that made them slow the horse down from the mad dash full on run that it used to do.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom