Question about the "Disney Look"

NewEnglandah

Original Poster
Hello to all, First post here, hopefully not the last.

I just applied for the College Program and did my interview, I should have asked this question to the lady who presented the presentation (her name was Gretchen, and she did an awesome job), but I forgot to, probably because I was nervous.

Anyway, I know that the gentlemen who work there are expected to have short hair, but is a shaved head or a "buzz cut" allowed? Has anyone ever seen CM's with this look?

Thanks for your help!

Atta83

Yes, it is ok. They will though give you a booklet to have the disney look and what is and what is not allowed. Just make sure you shave everyday (your face not your head everyday :lol:).

Wilt Dasney

A clean, uniform look is the key. If you wanted to shave it in little strips and dye them green, that wouldn't fly. (I know that's not what you meant, just trying to give an example.)

As long as your haircut is consistent, natural and "clean" looking, you should be fine.

Edit: Oh yeah...and welcome. Both to the boards and to the CP! (You'll get in.) :wave:

attisb

So NewEnglandah, any update on if you were accepted? I also had Gretchen as the presenter and she did a great job although she forgot a couple of things in the car so she had to improvise.

jimmybop

Here is the offical lanauge of the Disney Look Mail Hairstyling Guidelines. There are photo (well... drawing) examples too if you reallllllllly want them, let me know.

Hairstyling

Following are the Disney Look guidelines for hairstyles:

-Hair must be neatly cut and tapered on the back and sides, forming a smooth, symmetrical appearance so that it does not extend beyond or cover any part of the ears or the shirt collar. The overall style must be neat, natural, and balanced proportionally.
-A shaved head is permitted, as well as a very short military-style cut. Shaving of the eyebrows is not permitted.
-Conservative braided hairstyles for men without beads or ornamentation are permitted provided that they are styled above the ears and cut above the collar and are neatly braided close to the scalp in straight rows.
-Tuc<>king hair behind the ears, pinning it under or tuc<>king (sorry, the board is cencoring sence it is like the F word) it under a hat to conceal an unacceptable hairstyle will not be permitted.
-Extreme or bi-level styles are not permitted.
-Hair products may be used to create a soft, natural hairstyle within these guidelines.
-Appropriate hair confinement should be used in food-service areas where required by law.
-Artificial hair is permitted if it looks natural and meets all of the above requirements.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom