Question about Swan...

scroogy

Hey everyone,

I need a little expert advice here :D

We are from Europe and we are going to WDW in July for 5 days and I'm planning to stay at the Swan because I think it's cheaper than most deluxe hotels and it has a great location...

But I'm "scared" to make the wrong choice because we don't get to go to WDW every year...

I would have loved to go to the Grand Floridian but as that is a bit expensive for 4 adults....

Anyway my question is : is there any big difference with "Disney" hotels and are all the rooms like this
swan36.jpg
? Because it looks so nice!

Any advice is welcome!!

You think it would be possible to stay 1 night in the GF and 3 in the Swan? What do you think?

THX SO MUCH!!

DisneyDJ

The Swan and Dolphin are great. One of the first things Michael Eisner did to turn things around in the eighties. You get all the perks of being on Disney Property without the high prices. Transportation is just as reliable as being at one of the Disney Resorts, something you won't find with the hotels on hotel boulevard. Before I moved here in 97, my family and I always stayed at the Dolphin... and they are still two of my favs. Stick to your guns, you can't go wrong... besides, you won't be spending very much time in your room anyways, especially with the Yacht and Beach, Boardwalk and International Gateway with-in walking distance of the Swan and Dolphin. Good Luck, Cheers and...

Until Next Time...

Upvote 0

The Mom

Premium Member
I stayed in the swan recently, and was pleasantly surprised! This has got to be one of the best kept secrets in WDW. ;) The room exceeded expectations, the service was excellent, and the bed was HEAVENLY. :)

There's character dining onsite, some good restaurants, from really pricey to fast food counter service at The Dolphin, and the pool is second only to stormalong bay at Y&BC. You're within walking distance or a short boat ride of Epcot, MGM, and the Boardwalk. There's also a fitness club and coin laundry on site.

Save the money on your room and splurge on dinner at The Yatchman's Steakhouse or Spoodles. ;)

Since I had a King bed, my room was a little nicer than the photo.

Upvote 0

Moustronaut

my wife and I are split on this. Last year we stayed at Boardwalk Inn (right next door to swan and dolphin) and had a chance to poke around the dolphin for awhile.

I thought it was great. Nice hotel. Cool architecture and decor, nice pools and fountains and high rise on disney property with great views.

My wife on the other hand thought it wasn't any fun since it wasn't themed to be anything from a specific time or place like the Disney Resorts.

Swan and Dolphin are unique festivly decorated hotels. So you get all the same services at the same level as a Disney resort except charging food and souviners to your room. Same boat and bus transportation lines as boardwalk and yacth and beach clubs. Boardwalk, Epcot, and MGM are within walking distance.

The only thing you give up is the Disney Magic of theaming. Swan and Dolphin are just hotels. Nothing that makes you feel like you're in a far away location like Wilderness Lodge or Polynesean or in a different time like Grand Floridian or Boardwalk.

Upvote 0

The Mom

Premium Member
I haven't stayed at The Dolphin, but I got the impression that The Swan had an Art Deco theme. Granted it's not as "themed" as some of the WDW deluxes, but quite frankly, I wasn't impressed by the "theming" in the rooms at Y & BC, either. (Or even the Boardwalk)

Upvote 0

copper

I think you'll enjoy staying at the Swan. I've stayed at the Wilderness Lodge and the Contemporary in MK area and wished the entire time that I was staying next to Epcot! Staying at Epcot resorts is always my first choice because we always spend evenings in Epcot and it's an easy walk or boat ride back to our hotel. The Boardwalk is great and is right outside your hotel. I love the pool at the Swan & Dolphin and the entire beach area. The Hotels also have 4 tennis courts and Fantasia mini golf is a short walk away. You really don't need to rent a car if your staying here because you can walk to everything. Go to the Grand Floridian for Tea and save your money for another next trip to Disney.

Upvote 0

scroogy

Original Poster
Originally posted by copper
I think you'll enjoy staying at the Swan. I've stayed at the Wilderness Lodge and the Contemporary in MK area and wished the entire time that I was staying next to Epcot! Staying at Epcot resorts is always my first choice because we always spend evenings in Epcot and it's an easy walk or boat ride back to our hotel. The Boardwalk is great and is right outside your hotel. I love the pool at the Swan & Dolphin and the entire beach area. The Hotels also have 4 tennis courts and Fantasia mini golf is a short walk away. You really don't need to rent a car if your staying here because you can walk to everything. Go to the Grand Floridian for Tea and save your money for another next trip to Disney.

Thx for you advice :wave:

Upvote 0
We stayed at the swan in aug as well as the poly. We usually stay at the deluxes due to our family size of five. So my references are the poly, yacht club, beach club, contemporary and animal kingdom lodge all of which we have stayed at. Also at the swan we got a govt. discount because of dh's job. The swan is an excellent value for the price when compared to the disney deluxe rates. Yes it is a very peaceful and romantic place for 4 adults and I feel the resort is geared more toward adults as compared to the dolphin. The only 2 drawbacks we found at the swan were the room charging issues and lack of a quick place for a snack. You have to walk over to tubbis at the dolphin and with 3 hungry ds, 2 of whom are teens it was not advisable. It is only the place where you can get a refillable mug. But we loved our room. It had a decent view. My dss liked the tv and the cool light switch built into the headboard. There is a coffemaker in the room and an extra sink outside the bathroom. The restraunt offerings are good but pricey. You can also check out the boardwalk and any restraunt at the y and b club. If you are into sports the grotto pool is great and our dss liked the beach volleyball set up. Great thing about the swan, it is the first bus stop so you will get a seat. It could get a little crowded because you have to share the bus with y and b and boardwalk too. But guess what, at the grand floridian they had to share the bus with the poly and the contemporary too. I would also say, save your money and stay at the swan. You can visit the grand floridian and have a nice meal there. I think the swan has an artsy/romantic theme. Definetely mickey mouse is not popping up at you if that is what you are looking for but they do have character meals too.

Upvote 0

lmntn

Swan

I just finished staying at the Swan for a week on business/pleasure.

It is a wonderful hotel - very convenient to MGM and Epcot - by boat and the other places by bus.
It is within walking distance to the Boardwalk and of couse the Dolphin is 50 yards away so you actually have both the Swan and Dolphin at your convenience.

I believe you will enjoy and it is at Disney.

Upvote 0

DisneyDew

Could anyone verify this? On www.wdwig.com it states that you can have hotel delivery of packages at the Swan & Dolphin. This is very important to me because, who wants to lug around packages with them around the parks?

An earlier reply said its not part of the amenities.:confused:

Thanks
Dewey

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom