Question about Park hopping

roykeboy

I was looking at the ticketprices and I noticing the following:
7-day pass + park hopper + waterparks = $268
10-day pass +waterparks= $242

I was wondering if you are allowed to on the same day use two days of your ticket. For instance one to enter the Magic Kingdom and one to enter Animal Kingdom.

This way you would not only have to pay less for your ticket, but you would also get more admissions to the waterparks etc.

I myself doubt you are allowed to do this, but what do I know ;)

Laura

Well just a couple weeks ago I assumed you could do this. I have an annual pass but the group I was travelling with just had regular tickets. They bought 6 day tickets and planned to use 2 of the days up in 1 day. Unfortunately it did not work. The only way Disney would let them in the second park was with the hopper option.

Upvote 0

tigsmom

Tickets run for consecutive days during your stay... you cannot use Tuesday's ticket on Monday, etc. (at least thats how it was explained to me). If you want to eat in the MK for breakfast and then visit EPCOT on the same day (for example) you need the park hopper option.
Since we rarely spend the entire day in one park we opted for it on our last trip.

Upvote 0

roykeboy

Original Poster
Me and my wife (no kids yet) are going to WDW for the first time. We are staying for 7 days (at the pop century resort). Do you guys think it's advisable to get the park hopper or is the 35$ better spent on a extra nice dinner or souvenirs

Upvote 0

tigsmom

roykeboy said:
Me and my wife (no kids yet) are going to WDW for the first time. We are staying for 7 days (at the pop century resort). Do you guys think it's advisable to get the park hopper or is the 35$ better spent on a extra nice dinner or souvenirs

Personally, I would get the Park Hopper options for the reasons I stated above. If you want to eat or see fireworks in a park you hadn't planned on visiting that day you will need it. Also, DAK closes earlier than all the others and its fun to spend the evening and take in some fireworks in another park.

This is the first year we had to worry about it, but we (the 4 of us) did use the option this year...I'm glad we did.

Upvote 0

e4ymod

I say go for the Hopper. It's really convenient at comes in really handy sometimes. Let's say for example, that you visit Animal Kingdom one day... that park usually closes at around 5pm. With the hopper option, you can go spend the rest of your night in the Magic Kingdom instead of your hotel.

Upvote 0

roykeboy

Original Poster
Since we have never been to WDW before we were thinking we could spend the time off after a day in DAK to go see downtown disney or things like disney Quest.

sigh... soooo many options.

Upvote 0

tigsmom

roykeboy said:
Since we have never been to WDW before we were thinking we could spend the time off after a day in DAK to go see downtown disney or things like disney Quest.

We usually save a day to head to DTD and do some shopping. When we are done in the parks (and still have some energy) its fun to head over to the Boardwalk or do some mini golfing.

Upvote 0

dflye

I would definitely recommend getting the park hopper, as even during a week long stay where you may intend to spend one or two full days in each park, you may want to zip into a different park on the same day for:
  • A parade, fireworks show or other entertainment that is only offered on certain days (and not on the day(s) you'd originally planned to visit that park.)
  • A character meal.
  • Later closing hours than the park where you started the day.
We've been caught in this situation before where we'd planned out which days to go to which parks to see parades and fireworks, and made dining plans around that.

Problem was, Disney changed the scheduled entertainment days mid-vacation on us. The printed schedule when we arrived matched what we'd seen on the web, but only covered the first half of our stay.

When the next schedule came out that covered the second half of our stay, it no longer matched what had been on the web just prior to departing for our trip, which caused a few logistic headaches that would not have been possible to overcome without a park-hopper.

Upvote 0

e4ymod

roykeboy said:

If you're going to be there for 7 days, you have plenty of time to see DTD and I suggest you leave Disney Quest for a day with bad weather. Besides, DQ has 5 floors... so you're gonna need a little more than just a couple of hours to really enjoy it all.

Upvote 0

col

ive park hopped and its fab!!!
i dont know whether you can do this with american tickets but you can with uk ones. i did animal kingdom then mgm then epcot then magic kingdom its fun doing that i do it every time im there even if i have loads of days left, the only time another day gets "taken off the ticket" is if you go to a water park, wide world of sports or disneyquest. i make seperate days for them.

Upvote 0

doc_holiday3500

My wife and I have been twice now together and have always gotten the park hopper option. We infact just started planning our third trip for next September with another couple and will not go without it. I personally just like the freedom it allows us, we like to have options and chances are we will spend the evening in different parks than we spent the day in.

I can't recommend this option enough, I don't think you would regret spending the extra money when you got there.

Upvote 0

HunnyPot

roykeboy said:

Park Hopper is more than worth it. I see from your signature that your going to be there in Feb. There is a discount on tickets for the time your going to be there. If I remember correctly, the code is RDE or RDY. Someonev else may have a link. With this, you buy MYW base tickets and you recieve the park hopper and water parks and more for free. It might be something you want to look into. Have a great trip!

Upvote 0

Christi22222

If I understand correctly, you can add features like "park hopping" to your tickets at any time. Even if you have already started using your ticket. So....You could wait until you get there, and then if you find yourself in a situation where you would like to park hop, just add it right then. That saves you the money and keeps all of your options open! Also, I agree with your plan to hit Downtown Disney or DisneyQuest when you go to a park that closes early like AK. Disney Quest IS big and I personally loved it, but it is also long on sensory overload and I found I just couldn't take it for more than a few hours. Besides, one of my favorite places to eat is in there, so perfect for dinner after a day at the parks! Good luck! You'll have fun no matter what, so don't stress too much!

Upvote 0

frankd1962

I found park hopper to be a great thing. Go to the morning park, get back to your hotel room around 2pm when they're done cleaning, then go to the night park after resting. It's great to mix the day around and see different things around the World.

Upvote 0

rjwalter

Since your going to be there for a week you should definatley get the park hopping option. Even if the first couple of days there you spend your whole day in one park by the end of your trip you may want to go back and hit the attractions you really enjoyed again.

When my wife and I go we usually hit one park in the morning like MGM then head over to Epcot around lunch time, spend some time there and then maybe head over to MK for the fire works or something. The flexibility is worth it for sure.

Enjoy your vacation!

Upvote 0

drp4video

My DD and I had AP's until AUgust of this year. She is now a freshman in college and we are not going to be going more than once a year, so I was not sure about how many days, expiration or not, and hopper capability. I know that when we go to AK, we don't need the whole day, so we always hop to another park in the afternoon. And when they had e-rides, we would hop back to the MK, so I just bought my tickets and made them hoppers.

My big debate was how many days. To renew the AP was $378. But if I only go once in a year, not worth it. SO for $340, I got 10 day hoppers with no expiration. This way I could conceivably this year and next and do all four parks, and have two days left over for a third year. I debated about this verses a 4 day hopper, and it just seemed for the money, this was the best investment. I just hope the college kid still wants to go with me a few more times!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom