question. about free dining in 2013

Runmyhorse

Has anyone heard if they will be offering free dining in oct.? We have a trip planned and almost paid for.eWell were just waiting on the deals to come out. If its not offered im afraid we might have to cancel or stay off site. Heck maybe we will just go to universal instead.lol thank you

G00fyDad

No one will know until at least early August. I look for it to continue at least another year, or more. I need it this year too. October 11th to 20th for us.

Upvote 0

Runmyhorse

Original Poster
G00fyDad said:
No one will know until at least early August. I look for it to continue at least another year, or more. I need it this year too. October 11th to 20th for us.
Oh thats when we need It too. I sure hope so if not im not sure what we will do. I have been seeing alot of folks say they might be doing away with it.

Upvote 0

G00fyDad

Oh thats when we need It too. I sure hope so if not im not sure what we will do. I have been seeing alot of folks say they might be doing away with it.

They've been saying that for years. Of course it is true. Disney is looking to do away with it, but they are going to wait until the economy gets a little better. They know that right now the Free DDP is one of the major draws that allow families to make the trips down there. Without it many families would be unable to take the trip. I see it going away, but not until they think that families can handle coming to WDW without it.

Upvote 0

Runmyhorse

Original Poster
They've been saying that for years. Of course it is true. Disney is looking to do away with it, but they are going to wait until the economy gets a little better. They know that right now the Free DDP is one of the major draws that allow families to make the trips down there. Without it many families would be unable to take the trip. I see it going away, but not until they think that families can handle coming to WDW without it.
Yeah I think so too. I just got alittle worried. I mean we can afford it it would just mean cutting back alot more. lol We like to have the extra money for other little special things. Plus my husband works while I go to school so our money is alittle tight sometimes and we stretch to make it, but we take a trip atleast once a yr. sometimes twice if our daughter is in cheer. This year is gonna be alittle special for us cause it falls between my, my daughters, sons, and husband birthday plus I will be almost through with college. So its a huge celebration for us. My daughter will be 13. =( I want to spend as much time with her as I can before she dont want to anymore. lol

Upvote 0

G00fyDad

Yeah I think so too. I just got alittle worried. I mean we can afford it it would just mean cutting back alot more. lol We like to have the extra money for other little special things. Plus my husband works while I go to school so our money is alittle tight sometimes and we stretch to make it, but we take a trip atleast once a yr. sometimes twice if our daughter is in cheer. This year is gonna be alittle special for us cause it falls between my, my daughters, sons, and husband birthday plus I will be almost through with college. So its a huge celebration for us. My daughter will be 13. =( I want to spend as much time with her as I can before she dont want to anymore. lol

I'll be in the latter half of my bachelor's program while we are down there this year. I am going to be taking a much needed break while I am there too. I haven't really had once since I started school again.

As long as it brings people down, it won't go away. Maybe not offered for long blocks of dates anymore. But if your flexible, it will be offered.

I wouldn't count on that. There will come a time when it does go away completely. I agree that really soon it will be drastically cut back, but it will not be around at all in (I'm guessing here) about 5 years. They will probably cut back the dates first, then some more dates will be cut back until it is only offered during a few small windows each year. The whole time they will be raising the price of the DDP to (a) get more money and (b) somewhat force people to stop using it. Then one year they will just stop offering it and use the excuse of "People aren't using the DDP enough to warrant it's continued existence".

Upvote 0

popcenturylover

Usually offers come out about 4-6 months out. Last year we booked room only in early March for our stay in September & the offers came out towards the end of March for free dining. Then we called & rebooked to get the free dining.

Upvote 0

disneycouple07

I am getting ready to book for December. I'm afraid if I wait too long, I might not get my desired view. Got my fingers crossed for free dining or a room discount. Free dining will save us $1,000.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe these are the rules on changing or cancelling a package: $200 deposit is required within 7 days of booking unless you book online at disneyworld.com then it is required at that time. Final payment of the remainder balace is due 45 days prior to check-in. You can CHANGE or CANCEL without a fee up until 45 days in advance. If you do have to cancel 44 days or less, then you will be charged $200.

Upvote 0

G00fyDad

Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe this is the rules on changing or cancelling a package: $200 deposit is required within 7 days of booking unless you book online at disneyworld.com then it is required at that time. Final payment of the remainder balace is due 45 days prior to check-in. You can CHANGE or CANCEL without a fee up until 45 days in advance. If you do have to cancel 44 days or less, then you will be charged $200.

You are correct. :D

Upvote 0

draybook

Negative. If you cancel between 45 days and 30 days then they refund half. Or at least that's how it was in 2010 when we had to cancel our September trip.

Upvote 0

sweetpee_1993

That's the beauty of the room-only. You can cancel w/100% refund of deposit 7 days prior to arrival. Also, it's been a while since I did any of this stuff but it used to be that if within the 45 days prior to arrival on a package you made changes there was a $50 fee. Not sure if that still is in existance. Anywhoo, in the past when I've made changes to a package within the "forbidden window" that generates more $$ for the Mouse they've always waived the fee for me. I politely explained what I wanted to do but that I wouldn't if the fee couldn't be waived.

Upvote 0

PolynesianPrincess

Not sure if they will be offering free dining this year. If you look at past discounts, at the end of the prior year free dining came out for the first 2-3 months of the next year. No free dining promo came out at the end of the year 2012 for the first few months of 2013. No free dining has been offered at all so far this year so not sure if they will continue it or not...

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom