Question about early epcot (as in 1983)...

jsteph

Original Poster
I went to epcot in 1983, I think, maybe 1984.

Anyway, I remember being a ride, and coming around a corner and seeing a huge screen, the screen started in space and moving to a city street. I was 15 at the time and I remember it so well, but I don't remember which ride.

With the motion of the car you were in, it gave you the sense of motion. It was kind of like Soarin, except I could have sworn this was all in SE. But I am wondering if now it was Horizons. There were animatronics in the ride as well and the screen was near the end.

Thanks.

kaos

"the micro-chip..."

There are numerous threads about Horizons. Do a quick search. There are also some threads that have links to video of the attraction, and there are quite a few on Youtube as well.

Rob562

Sounds like Horizons to me. At the end of the ride you got to choose a video that was like what you're describing.

No, what they're remembering were the giant IMAX Omnisphere screens in the middle of the ride. (The transition set in "modern day" that segued from the Looking Back at the Future part from the "Actual Future" part.) It was a constant loop shown on two screens side by side. You'd see most of the loop in the time it took you to ride past them.

-Rob

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
If you went after October 1st 1983 it may have been the Omnimax in Horizons; there was a Landsat satellite fly over of San Fransisco and an aerial of New York skyscrapers. Not quite how you describe it but closest to what was there back then.

Follow the link in my sig to my video page and search Horizons for the full Omnimax film loop.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom