Question about Disneys Old Key West

RJR7226

Original Poster
Hey all, So once again its this time of year for our annual Disney trip! We always stay in our 2 bedroom villa at Old Key West, but this year we upgraded to the 3 bedroom Villa because we got extra points and we want to check it out! Plus we got a few more friends coming this year...We usually go in june but this year were going in end of October, but anyway just want any input and facts about the 3 bedroom villa. If you can list some cool features that are different with the 2 bedroom (obviously the upstairs) and how much bigger it is? and if the 3 bedroom villas are located seperately on the resort? thanks a bunch!

Richie

SCDizney

I am a DVC member. Old Key West is not my home resort.

I've read the info from the site, but I was wanting a first hand opinion on the true feeling of the differences between the two bedroom and the three as I think the OP was as well.

RJR7226

Original Poster
yea im at DVC member at Old Key West...I was just wondering what view they have from the 3 bedroom villas....wondering if they have their own section on the resort or not.

Yes I was wondering from first person perspective as well. Thanks!

CatsMeow

Here is another link to check out --
The GVs are not in a separate section of the resort, but spread out among the other villas.
They are HUGE and really wonderfully impressive. We've stayed in a GV on two separate occasions and both times had a golf course view. But the space is unbelievable and I think you will really enjoy it. :D

http://dvcnews.com/content/view/151/141/

RJR7226

Original Poster
Awesome thanks a lot guys...The map really helped, at least now i have an idea of where we can stay, My favorite place to stay is to the right of southpoint road in that circle near the pool!

Mrs Potts

We've stayed in the GVs at OKW twice. Those villas are huge - the square footage listed is larger than our first 2 houses were. There is so much room to spread out in them. The last time we went, we brought another family along with us. We always felt like we had plenty of space and privacy for both families.

The two bedrooms upstairs are quite roomy, and each one having their own bathroom is nice. One upstairs room has full-sized beds in it, and one has queen-sized beds. We put all kids in the room with the full-sized beds and it worked well for us.

I also appreciated that there seemed to be tons of closet and storage space. And the laundry room was HUGE!

One thing that I REALLY didn't like was that there was not an actual door in between the bathroom and the bedroom in the master bedroom. There was a door to the potty, but not between the bedroom and the sink/shower area. I usually get up before DH and it was tricky getting ready without disturbing him.

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask.

SMRT-1Michael

We have gotten a GV at OKW before a few years back. We had a nice view of the golf courses. We were also near the Hospitality House per request.

disneyfan56

I stayed in one of the villa's a few years ago. There were four separate families-all relatives- and it was quite spacious. There is a large dining room table and a a larger kitchen than in the 2-bedroom. The ceiling in the living room goes all the way up to the celing of the 2nd floor, so it can be noisy at times, if everyone is downstairs and yapping. There is also a half-wall in the hallway between the two upstairs bedrooms that overlooks the downstairs.

It was very nice, but we all decided after that stay that having our own separate units is best for relaxing.

smjj

We are also going to try and stay in a 3brm. at OKW in Oct. of next year. We have stayed in the two bedroom twice now and will have addtitional family with us this time and will need the extra space...smjj

Phonedave

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom