Question about cost

EnchantedRose

Original Poster
Hey everyone!

I am currently 7 days away from our Disney trip! :sohappy::sohappy::D. We usually have a set amount of money we set aside for our trip which covers tips (we are on the DP), souvies, extra snacks, drinks etc. On previous trips my son (he will be 2 weeks shy of 4 on our trip) never really asked for anything in particular. We usually picked stuff out that we knew he would want. This trip I know he will be in the "I want everything" phase :rolleyes:. Certain things will we get if we think it's worth the money & something he will actually play with - however there a few things that hubby & myself want to get him & we want to actually put that money on a GC so that he can feel like a big boy & pay for it himself (he loves doing that). I was wondering if anyone can tell me more or less the cost of these things so I know how much to put on his GC. First I want to get him a balloon (that we will pay with cash). This is something that I have always wanted to get him & hubby has always vetoed me :shrug: however I told him that a Mickey balloon on Main Street is a must for every kid & that it is a must for this trip. Next we want to do build your own Light-saber & also make your own car (ride makers) I was wondering if $100 would cover both things?

Thanks!!

mickeysshoes

I love the balloons on Main Street...can I ask where you are staying?? I reason I ask is if by any chace you are staying at the Animal Kingdom Lodge you will not be able to bring it back to the resort. Would not want you to pay $8 - $10 for the balloon of your dreams (for your son of course) and then not be able to keep it. Any other resort you will be fine!!! Love standing under the balloons and take a picture up towards the sky!!

EnchantedRose

Original Poster
I love the balloons on Main Street...can I ask where you are staying?? I reason I ask is if by any chace you are staying at the Animal Kingdom Lodge you will not be able to bring it back to the resort. Would not want you to pay $8 - $10 for the balloon of your dreams (for your son of course) and then not be able to keep it. Any other resort you will be fine!!! Love standing under the balloons and take a picture up towards the sky!!

:wave: Hi!

I've heard about that! We're safe - were staying at Port Orleans FQ. I would hate to spend that much and then have to deflate it! Can't wait to get him his first Disney World Balloon (secretly I am more excited for the balloon than he'll probably be!:lol:)

hmmemom

My sons did RideMakerz at Myrtle Beach and it was around $100 each for them. They got remote controlled ones, which are more expensive. Its been a couple of years, but I thought it was pretty expensive. It was all the little add-ons that got us. If you can stick with a basic model, you should be able to get by much cheaper.

EnchantedRose

Original Poster
My sons did RideMakerz at Myrtle Beach and it was around $100 each for them. They got remote controlled ones, which are more expensive. Its been a couple of years, but I thought it was pretty expensive. It was all the little add-ons that got us. If you can stick with a basic model, you should be able to get by much cheaper.

Thanks! My son is not must of a remote control car kid. I was planning on getting him a basic one - more of the experience of him making a car. We do have them by us in a few Disney Stores but I figured it would be a cool thing to do at Disney! hopefully it'll be a lot less than $100!!

This should give you a pretty good idea of the cost at Ridemakerz: http://build.ridemakerz.com/RideBuilder.aspx

I want to say that the Build Your Own Lightsaber is in the neighborhood of $15, but I could be completely off on that.

Thanks for the link! Hopefully he won't want too many add-ons!

I remember the lightsaber being around that price. I'll budge $25 for it just in case

Thanks for all your help everyone!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom