Question about Cinderella castle toy

Beccone

Original Poster
While we were in Disney 2 weeks ago my mother in law bought my daughter the Cinderella castle toy that they sell at most of the shops in MK and in Downtown Disney. We got it shipped home and it arrived today, which we let my daughter open even though her b-day isn't until the 21st. It's a cute toy, comes with all of the princess's and their princes, but in my opinion not worth the $83 my mother in law paid for it (that's including shipping). The sounds don't work, 1 light is out (no biggie I can just replace the battery hopefully) and the carriage is broken. I'm really not stressing about any of that stuff though my daughter is just turning 2 and she doesn't even notice anything wrong with it, she is obessed with anything Cinderella so she is very happy, as are my 4 and 6 yr old boys who love it too. Main issue I had with this was there were no directions on where and how to put all the little peices on, which was a pain in the neck when I'm trying to figure it all out and I got 3 kids clawing at my to get to the toy, lol. Anyone else bought this for their child, and if so do you think it's worth the price?

Beccone

Original Poster
One more thing, does anyone have the Spaceship Earth toy they sell or the monorail? I thought about getting those for my boys for Christmas.

michelemily

We bought it when we were there in june and had it shipped home...had the same dilemma you did that there were no directions with it....the only reason that i never complained to disney about it was because my two girls (ages 5 and 3) love love love it and play with it almost every day for soooooo long at one sitting....they even take it out and use their regular polly pockets with it and make it into a big village....but i could not believe there were no directions...my other little peeve about it is that it does not shut closed and stay closed...you just push it together and it doesn't latch so it has to be stored on the floor as you cannot lift it with all of the toys in it....as a mom i must say that i wish all toys (especially those with little pieces) have storage space so that it can all be self contained.....

happymom52003

We bought it last year for Christmas. It is very cheaply made, and it is definitely overpriced. Our carriage also broke within an hour of playing with it, and I hate how the spires are always coming off. My daughter loves it of course, but I was shocked by how flimsy it is.

I will think twice before buying that type of toy from WDW again.

RachelP6877

love it!!!!!!!! I have all of it too the tree monorail epcot the hat dumbo ride haunted mansion and alot more all set up its so worth it it like i have disney world in my attic and the kids love it too all to me worth the $

Coree

I think it's worth the money because of the amouont of time my daughter has spent playing with it. I agree with everyone else's comments though--it's rather cheaply made, it's hard to see where all the pieces go just from looking at the box, and storage is a bit of a nightmare.

happymom52003

hmm, was considering buying this myself (yes, this 25 year old male wanted to buy a Cinderella Castle toy XD) but now i'm not so sure.

You should still buy it if you want it. By reading these posts you know what you will be getting, so at least you will not be shocked at the low quality of it like some of us were.

Even though I think it is cheaply made and overpriced, I still do not regret buying it, because Cinderella's castle is such a special icon to my family, and my daughter really does love it. She still plays with it every single day.

I just think it is ashame that Disney did not make it a higher quality toy.

And if you are buying it for yourself as a collectors item rather than for kids who will play with it and give it alot of wear and tear, then the lower quality might not be as big of an issue.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom