Question about Child's Age

RJlvsTigger

Hi Everybody!

I know this is probably a stupid question, but my DH and I have just booked a room only reservation and plan on buying our park tickets later on. Our son will be 3 in early November and we are going at the end of September, will we need to buy him a Child's Park Hopper Ticket or can we still get away with him being 2 years old?

Thanks for your help.

We had the same dilemma when we went. My son had just turned 3 and I was concerned about them checking so I went ahead and purchased a park hopper ticket for him. I went to the gates and kept the ticket in my pocket just in case they asked for his ticket. We always kept him in his stroller and they never asked for the ticket. We still have this ticket for a future visit. The last time we went my daughter was 3 and again they never asked. Hope that helps.

Upvote 0

JBSLJames

Originally posted by RJlvsTigger
Hi Everybody!

I know this is probably a stupid question, but my DH and I have just booked a room only reservation and plan on buying our park tickets later on. Our son will be 3 in early November and we are going at the end of September, will we need to buy him a Child's Park Hopper Ticket or can we still get away with him being 2 years old?

Thanks for your help.

I may be reading this wrong, but if your son turns 3 in November and you are going to WDW in September, won't he still be 2 when you are there?:confused: ? Sounds like this should not be an issue.

Upvote 0

MKCP 1985

If Judd and I are reading your description correctly, enjoy your child's last free trip to WDW! As a 3 year old, he will officially be a child, but it is those 10 year old adults you really have to watch out for!

Upvote 0

tigsmom

Originally posted by MKCP 1986
If Judd and I are reading your description correctly, enjoy your child's last free trip to WDW! As a 3 year old, he will officially be a child, but it is those 10 year old adults you really have to watch out for!

I agree. He is still legally 2 & therefore FREE.
My nine y/o will be making her last junior trip in July...next year she will be an adult! :rolleyes:

Upvote 0

JackSkellington

I would not worry about it. But have the money so that if you have to buy a ticket for him you are prepared. It never hurts to be prepared. And look at my Hail Mary thread in the WDW tips section it will really help you out on the rides.

Have a great time.!!!

Upvote 0

DisneyPhD

If your child is still 2, even if they turn 3 during the trip they are free (I found out some info from guest reations.) You can bring a small copy of the BC if it makes you feel better (we always do when we travel just to be careful.) But no cast memeber will ask you for it. They might ask your child how old he is. My DD is turning 3 next week and she is very excited about this and will tell anyone who listens about it.

I have heard of many people having a ticket for young 3 year olds, but strolling the kid in and never being asked for a ticket. They save the unused days for future trips.

We took DD to WDW for a total of 4 trips before she turned 3. I am not looking forward to having to pay for her next time, but what are you going to do about it? We are going to FLA in may (she will be 3 years and 1 month at that time.) We aren't planning on going to the parks but Vero Beach. However one day at MK might happen. I think if that was the case I would buy the ticket, but not present it unless they asked. If we don't need it save it for later. But I think it would be better to avoid that situation all together and enjoy the beach.

Here another bit of info. If you buy a 9 year old a park hopper pass and there are still days on it, that child (or "adult") can later use the same ticket no mater how old they get (as long as the dates macth up.) You might need to take it to GR and have them switch it for an adult hopper, but you can still use it. At least this is what I was told in the past. WDW sometimes makes changes so before doing it double check.

Upvote 0

DisneyPhD

Originally posted by JackSkellington
WOW, I am surprised Disney will not check the pass bought for a 9yr old, but used later on.:veryconfu

Yes I remember reading some threads on aother board about this. If you buy a pass, it never expires. What do you do about kids? Unused days can be traded in for adult tickets, as long as the dates macth up. (for example a 3 year old ticket for a 12 year old kid, they were younger then 10 when they bought it.) At least that was the offical answer WDW gave at that time. Lately GR at WDW has not been as Guest Friendly and you might find a cast member who doesn't know about it. If that was the case I would talk to a manger, or go back when you get a differnt cast memeber who does.

So really the do "check it" just trade you up.

Upvote 0

DisneyPhD

Originally posted by JackSkellington
Cool, thanks DPhD. I am noticing that Disney GR,CM's and some other employees are not nearly as friendly as they used to be. It is slipping very badly.

Yes, that is one of sadder things about WDW latelty. They still have some GREAT CM and GR people, but they have more and more not so great ones.

I hope that postitive changes back to the "be our guest" policies will return in the near future. I have found if you encourter a less then great CM, look again for a differnt one. You are bound to find a few really good ones around still.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom