Quest getting a fresh coat of paint. And LOTS of it.

ImaYoyo

Original Poster
Just received an email that DisneyQuest is getting a fresh coat of paint. If some of you remember last time this happened, this is quite a lengthy process. The email did not mention specifics, but did say it would take place over "The next couple of months". Good news, as it has not been a pretty sight lately. Then again, how do you make a 5 story, square, teal building look good?

From the looks of the picture it appears that this work may have already been started. I'll scout it out and report back on Monday if necessary. Have a good weekend all!

sknydave

Thats nice, but I would be more concerned about whats going on inside of Disney Quest.. AKA a whole lot of nothing.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
this doesnt make sense and completely contradicts the reports of DQ getting demo'd. why spend money on paint for the bulldozers... or are they going to renovate the inside only?

this doesnt make sense and completely contradicts the reports of DQ getting demo'd. why spend money on paint for the bulldozers... or are they going to renovate the inside only?
I was thinking this as well. I guess they could paint it a different color or paint it the same color but change what's inside.:shrug:

SirNim

I bet they're gonna change the color of the building from DisneyQuest Blue to ESPN Red... :lookaroun

j/k

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
I bet they're gonna change the color of the building from DisneyQuest Blue to ESPN Red... :lookaroun
hmmm, i would throw $20 on that bet.... in favor of your thought.

or, they are painting big X's were the wrecking ball is going to be aiming.

SeanC

Last I remember reading the rumored plans to replace DQ were either just that...rumor, or at the most...a long time off (years)

Horizons1

Speaking of the outside of the building, did it used to have rows of fiberoptics running all over it? I noticed on the back of the DQ map a picture of the building with little lights all over it. Then, last time I was over at DD, I looked at the building and it did look like there were little holes all over it. Does anyone know when these stopped working, if they were there?

Slowjack

j/k
There's another thread here (did a search to find it but couldn't) where someone specifically saw them repainting it the original color.

Kristi Kay

Um hum...your going to see a color that can very easily to transformed into an ESPN Zone....I feel very confident about this...:wave:

DisneySaint

They need to put some money into the interior - half the games don't work anymore and the rest are dated as heck. I used to LOVE DisneyQuest, but I couldn't entertain myself for more than 1 hour there a few weeks ago.

Chernabog

I'm gonna agree with an earlier statement that this demolition has never been confirmed by any reliable source. Sure we've all heard it and maybe it was discussed, but till it's officially stated... it's just a rumor folks.

Kristi Kay

They need to put some money into the interior - half the games don't work anymore and the rest are dated as heck. I used to LOVE DisneyQuest, but I couldn't entertain myself for more than 1 hour there a few weeks ago.

Never going to happen...DQ is going bye bye....:wave:

Joepic

If DQ is getting a fresh coat of paint, than DQ is getting a fresh coat of paint. Not ESPN Zone. The rumor has been around for so long, and if they're going to add a coat of paint to it, I expect it to stay, don't we all?

darthjohnny

DQ not going anywhere.

I'm wondering if Disney is making a last effort to bring in more revenue in order to keep DisneyQuest.

For the first time, the Disney hotels are now distributing DisneyQuest maps, much like how they started to distribute new Water Park maps a little while ago. This paired with the current paint job might be to bring more attention to it.:shrug:

mousermerf

Account Suspended
But at the moment it's kinda ugly.. so giving out the maps while it's ugly is a little silly. I didn't see the new paint, but a day or so ago I drove by and saw the sandblasted wall that faces the street. It looks pretty yuckey in the meantime until they finish painting it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom