"Put that thing away!"

hypercatmatt04

Original Poster
I plan on bringing my camcorder to Disney when I go in June.
Does anyone know which rides you are allowed to record on?
I want to avoid the quote above.

Interruption?

hypercatmatt04 said:
I plan on bringing my camcorder to Disney when I go in June.
Does anyone know which rides you are allowed to record on?
I want to avoid the quote above.
One time when I was on Space Mountain this family in front of me recorded the entire ride without dropping it. Not a gamble I'd take.

WDWbrightcubs

ive recordered on its a small world, the land, splash mountain and i think a few others. I think the general rule is that you camera cant have a light on it.

TomorrowlandTyler

Definitly don't try Soarin', CM's are watching your everymove from their own cameras, and will Interupt the ride audio to say "NO VIDEO RECORDING" it happened to someone while I was riding last AUG.

no2apprentice

It's kind of hit and miss. I've noticed that the CM's are VERY emphatic about use of video at the President's Hall and at American Adventure. Some members have posted that at some attractions they were told to turn off the camera, and other members have had no problem at the same attraction. I get the impression it's mostly how enforcing the CM's want to be about the rules.

I've used video at PotC with IR and HM without IR. I thought that using IR at PotC would be a problem, but nothing happened. That was before the movie, so they might say something after the rehab since it will generate more interest.

Sadly, it's been my experience that the older the attraction, the more lenient the CM's can be.

I never use my LCD screen when taping dark rides, and keep the camera as low as I can. I don't want to annoy other guests or ruin their experience.

Merlin

Account Suspended
I have videotaped on most of the major attractions. I specifically recall being asked to put my camcorder away on ToT. I wasn't sure if that was because of copyrights or just a general fear of me dropping the camera...or both.

Dragonrider1227

My dad recorded It's a Small World in 90 and my mom recorded "Tiki Room under new management" in 2005 so I guess it's alright. I'd imagine it depends on the ride, how it works, and how you plan to record it. Lights on during HM is definetly not a good idea.

Teenchy

I have taped several things. RRC, a bit shaky and hard to see. TOT-lots of screaming in the dark then a shot of light when the door opens to the outside (pretty cool though) Splash Mountain- came out great. Disney Railroad, and on and on. No one has ever said anything to me while I'm taping.
I have not tried Soarin but then again I never thought it would make much sense watching it on my tv?
Thankfully others have taped many things, both current and past rides that I have had the pleasure to re-live on the internet.

djronnieb

I have video taped just about every attration and the only one I ever got yelled at was Alien Enconter. Guess you don't have to worry about that anymore though.....

Merlin

Account Suspended
nelsonj3 said:
I was able to video tape Everest on Saturday without being yelled at.

They were probably just so thrilled that someone was riding it and found the experience worth videotaping. :lol:

CThaddeus

The ones I was told no on:
Alien Encounter (although they let me tape both preshows)
Timekeeper (managed to get it all once anyway)
Tower of Terror (what's the point? The video at the beginning is okay, but the ride? Dullsville, especially on video)
Ellen's Energy Adventure (Ellen tells you; I didn't listen. I'm a baaaaad boy)
Cranium Command (yeah, I didn't listen again. Glad I ignored them)
Circle of Life (keep trying and hoping I'll get a good copy of this someday)
It's Tough to be a Bug! (yes, I did)
Honey, I Shrunk the Audience (got it from Disneyland)
Soarin' (a camcorder does well in the underseat storage bin if "stored" properly)
Sometimes Muppetvision
Sometimes Hall of Presidents
The American Adventure

There may be others, but these are the ones I recall hearing some kind of spiel beforehand about. The only time I was actually asked to stop recording, though, was in Timekeeper. Frankly, considering the way Disney keeps killing off the best attractions, I feel it necessary for everyone to tape these attractions as much as possible...and share them! Some record of their existence needs to exist, if only to satisfy Disneyphiles like myself. Now seems like a good time to visit Horizons, in fact...

dolbyman

I taped no attraction were there was any auido or video information not to tape... I kept it strictly (too bad .. a decent version of ellens energy adventure would have been great)..

but for all nontaped versions I used my stealth 3d surround mic's for audio recording .. so I still got some media of those attractions :drevil:

wdwishes2005

Merlin said:
I have videotaped on most of the major attractions. I specifically recall being asked to put my camcorder away on ToT. I wasn't sure if that was because of copyrights or just a general fear of me dropping the camera...or both.
Definately safety. Next time you go put a penny on your lap, and see what it does. Then imagine it was a comcorder. That would hurt........

pintraderpayee

While participating in The American Story Youth Education Series (7am-ish MK) we were told not to video during pre-opening hours. My students ask why and we were told that to preserve the magic they do not want video of repairs taking place. They were painting some railing near City Hall. We did say good mornin' to the painters, though:D Nothing like a "Gud Mornin' Sirs" from about 30 North Louisiana teenagers.

18 days until the "yellow limo" is ºoºrlando bound (27 teens-school bus-930 miles of smiles)

wild01ride

"While on __________ , please refrain from eating, drinking, smoking, flash photography, and the use of external video lighting. And now, Disney and ________ invite you to sit back, relax, and enjoy ____________."

:lol:

young9222

Body Wars

Recording on the flight simulators is tricky, and can be dangerous! I smashed the viewfinder of my camcorder into my glasses on Body Wars during a particularly violent lurch and spent the rest of the ride trying to find my lens on the floor! :lol:

Star Tours is a bit easier. Ride the ride a few times so you can anticipate the motion, your recording will come out much smoother!

mitchk

I have recorded on Splash Mountain, Big thunder mountain, and the Haunted mansion. The only place they said anything was HM. My camera had the little flip screen on the side open. The CM said you can video tape whatever you want, just keep the side screen closed.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom