Purpose of the DVC slider for the Magic Bands?

3:10toDisney

Original Poster
I haven't seen this anywhere here so if it has been mentioned then I apologize.

I just received the magic bands for our upcoming trip in late May and within the package came Mickey ear shaped sliders that say "Disney Vacation Club Member."

So my question is, what's the purpose of these? Do we, DVC Members, get something special that I am not aware of? Or is this just a way for Disney to make us a walking billboard for there DVC program, kind of like buying a car and the dealership puts their name on the back of the vehicle.

cbettua

There is no purpose. Bragging rights maybe? I don't know, I think they are cool and I have one for annual passholders. I will be wearing mine. I also have the 2013 slider they gave us at the hotel room.

3:10toDisney

Original Poster
There is no purpose. Bragging rights maybe? I don't know, I think they are cool and I have one for annual passholders. I will be wearing mine. I also have the 2013 slider they gave us at the hotel room.

I was hoping when I originally posted this question that this wasn't the case but my gut instinct says that this is probably the answer. Don't get me wrong, I am a proud owner of 340 points but that doesn't make me any better than anyone else who visits the park.

I was also thinking maybe this was a way to prove that we are DVC members when we are at specific locations that give out discounts. But then again, it's just a slider, anyone could slip it on and claim the discount.

DVCOwner

A Long Time DVC Member
It won't be long before the bands are like charm bracelets.

When I went two weekends ago the ladies in my group could not buy enough "bling" to put on their Magic Bands. My wife already has three different colors and is buying different add ons for each one.

RevKjb

J'accord! I agree. It's the same reason we purchase and wear DVC Branded shirts, coats, hats...we have the bragging rights and we are "living" advertising for DVC!!! I'm looking forward to obtaining my sliders (DVC and AP) upon our arrival in Oct. They will not mail them to Canada!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom