Pure Disney Trivia

This weeks edition of the Disney Insider had some great trivia...I unfortunetly did not do so well answering the questions...but maybe all you trivia buffs did better!! Did anyone else have a chance to check that out?

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Although I've personally never counted, I was looking for 72...

according to http://www.wdwmagic.com/space.htm
BY THE NUMBERS: Rising to a sloping, cone-shaped peak 183 feet above ground level, Space Mountain contains 4,508,500 cubic feet -- capable of holding a small skyscraper in its interior. The adventure has a base diameter of 300 feet and took two years to build. In basic structure, the mountain is composed of great ribbed slopes -- 72 massive pre-stressed concrete beams forming a gigantic sealed cone. Each of the 74-ton concrete beams was cast near the Space Mountain site and then hoisted into place by mammoth cranes to complete the cone. Each beam is 117 feet long and is 13 feet wide at the bottom and 4 feet wide at the top. Guests are amazed that the maximum speed is 28 mph, because the attraction delivers high-speed thrills.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
I guess I should give the answer, instead of just letting this hang:

• Wamba Wanda
  • Orinoco Ida
  • Nile Nelli
  • Mongala Millie
  • Irawaddy Irma
  • Volta Val
  • Senegal Sal
  • Amazon Annie
  • Sankuru Sadie
  • Congo Connie
  • Ganges Gertie
  • Ucyali Lolly
  • Rutshuru Ruby
  • Bomokandi Bertha (wheelchair boat)
  • Zambezi Zelda (generally out of commission)
  • Kwango Kate (generally out of commission)

MagliteL13

I guess I should give the answer, instead of just letting this hang:

• Wamba Wanda
  • Orinoco Ida
  • Nile Nelli
  • Mongala Millie
  • Irawaddy Irma
  • Volta Val
  • Senegal Sal
  • Amazon Annie
  • Sankuru Sadie
  • Congo Connie
  • Ganges Gertie
  • Ucyali Lolly
  • Rutshuru Ruby
  • Bomokandi Bertha (wheelchair boat)
  • Zambezi Zelda (generally out of commission)
  • Kwango Kate (generally out of commission)
As long ago as it was posted...
I have to respectfully disagree--
The Kwango Kate was never added back at WDW after the 2000 rehab, thus making it 15. The Bertha and Wanda are both wheelchair boats now (and have an altered canopy). While there are 15, only 10 can be run on the river at a time.

If you really wanna get technical, there are also two dingys and horticulture has a boat as well. On top of that, the only remaining swan boat was turned into a vacuum boat for cleaning and maintenance. Sometimes it appears in the river as well.

:)
Former Skipper
Jungle Jeremy

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom