Purchase Fastpasses online Prior to visit

dorothy_l

Original Poster
Just took a survey for Disney asking many questions on Fastpass reservations prior to my visit....setting it up just like how making a reservation for dining. My question is two-part....what do you think about this move and does anyone have any more info on this?

--one of the questions asked---
"Assuming you could secure FASTPASS experience 90 days before arriving at the Disney Parks, when should Disney allow guests to begin booking?"
A.) 180 days
B.) 90 days
C.) No preferences

olinecoach61

Interesting, I had heard some rumors about this. May I ask what your answer was? I think 90 days would work, you should have your ADRs figured out by then.

TinkerBelle8878

Fast Pass Reservations...I guess people can't be spontaneous anymore without being penalized.

Between this and those minute by minute touring plans, why bother going to a theme park at all?

And imagine if a ride shuts down for when people have reserved those fast passes 90s days out?

Chaos!

I guess I just don't understand why people cannot wait on lines. It worked for many years. People survived. You had dining reservations, you just didn't go on that line when you knew it would interfere. You did it earlier in the day or after your meal.

But the thought of people making ride reservations the same way they do the crazy dining reservations so far out? I don't even know where to start with what's wrong with that. :shrug:

GenerationX

As a FastPass fan and a trip planning nut, I'm all over this. I'm on vacation very few days out of the year, and I prefer to maximize attraction time and minimize line time. Anything that potentially improves this ratio is welcome.

wizards8507

While it could certainly work in principle, the transition period would be chaos. There would likely be a steep learning curve for those of us who already know how to "do Disney" under the current system, and I feel like the poor souls who already wait 2+ hours for TSMM would be completely screwed.

tweak89

I'd be all for it. Why not make the most of your trip. Unlike many of the members of this and other Disney related forums most people may only make it to the Disney parks once in their lifetime.

The planning books and fastpass exist for a reason, some people don't want to leave to chance whether or not they will get to ride any particular ride on what could be their one and only chance enjoy it.

I've been fortunate enough to make it disney world 3 times in the last four years, but my previous visit was nearly 18 years ago. The first trip back was fun, but we missed a lot because of long lines and not utilizing a good plan. But two guide books and several fast passes later, the last trip and the one next week will be great.

If you enjoy waiting in line for an hour that's great, doesn't mean those that don't are somehow getting less enjoyment out of their experience.

Clever Name

I've heard the same rumor and I really think WDW is moving in this direction. The key part is they are going to sell fastpasses in advance. The only question is how much? I would guess that the price will depend upon the number of fastpasses that you buy and you'll get a greater discount for a bigger purchase. Your fastpasses will be directly linked to your tickets so you can't resell them or even give them away if you decide not to use them all.

Well, you could resell them or give them away, but they won't work. :wave:

wizards8507

The first trip back was fun, but we missed a lot because of long lines and not utilizing a good plan. But two guide books and several fast passes later, the last trip and the one next week will be great.

The reason the suggested plan doesn't sit completely well with me is exactly what you said. The current system of fastpasses already does allow people who prepare and plan to make the most of their vacation, and I'm not sure that this will make things any better. It just seems like it's an extra layer of unnecessary jockeying for position 90 days before your trip that will ultimately result in little more than the results already provided by the current system.

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
Just took a survey for Disney asking many questions on Fastpass reservations prior to my visit....setting it up just like how making a reservation for dining. My question is two-part....what do you think about this move and does anyone have any more info on this?

"Assuming you could secure FASTPASS experience 90 days before arriving at the Disney Parks, when should Disney allow guests to begin booking?"
A.) 180 days
B.) 90 days
C.) No preferences

I'd just like to point out that the question never actually mentions having to "purchase" or "buy" the Fastpass. It uses the completely ubiquitous "secure."

tweak89

The reason the suggested plan doesn't sit completely well with me is exactly what you said. The current system of fastpasses already does allow people who prepare and plan to make the most of their vacation, and I'm not sure that this will make things any better. It just seems like it's an extra layer of unnecessary jockeying for position 90 days before your trip that will ultimately result in little more than the results already provided by the current system.

Well, I wonder if they are thinking along the lines of what some six flags parks do. Levels of fast pass. They have a free fast pass similar to what is used at disney and a gold level fast pass that costs a premium above the cost of your ticket.

Like most forums I'm a member of, we tend to forget we only represent a tiny portion of people who are interested in any given hobby or interest. People who think alike flock together in forums. There are many times more people who have no idea what a fast pass is or that books with hundreds of pages exist for planning a visit.

If a CSR mentions this program to someone making reservations for their trip, you can bet they would take advantage of (especially if its free). A happy customer is possibly a return customer and that's more money for the mouse!

CaptainShortty

I've heard this rumor too and I believe it's a very credible one and Disney is moving in this direction. Personally I HATE the idea. I feel like it gives no spontanaity and randomness to your vacation. I hate that people have the innate need to plan every second of their vacation before they get there! ADRs are fine but this is getting crazy. Leave some things up to chance, seriously? I love the rope drop at Studios and getting to run to TSM. Sometimes waiting in line is part of the fun of an attraction, especially with the new interactive queues.

puntagordabob

A.) 180 days
B.) 90 days
C.) No preferences

Purchase in your post title? Did not see in this question....

I suppose some ability to do this in advance would not be a bad thing so long as they do not over issue the FPs to the point where little is left for the spontaneous park Guest or local who drops by.....

As for purchase, I assume this would be wrapped into a room package....as an DVC (and an PAP)member we would not be thrilled if we were excluded.

Susan Savia

I love using Fastpasses, but I think this would create problems down the line. If it caught on everyone would be using them and then, its not any longer Fast. Would it be fair for the folks that 'drop in' to the parks?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom