Public Service for the (American) Southerners

disneycrazy

Okay, it's also for my benefit, since I'll be there in two weeks.

There is one place I know of on WDW property that serves SWEET iced tea - Liberty Tree Tavern in MK.

Anyone know of other places that serve sweet tea?:confused:

markymark

Originally posted by marciahahn
Originally posted by Scooter
I can't believe we have a whole thread devoted to iced TEA!

Are you kidding? These bunch could start a whole thread on how quickly does the grass grow near Cindarella's Castle, and the pros and cons of adding winter rye to it.
;) Then it could evolve into a thread about which is better, single or blended malt whiskies! Which might end up in us devising our own 12 step program....to prevent thread drift!!! The possibilities are endless! :D

AAAAH Marcia! Always so very wise ;)

The answers are :-

0.5 cm per day, apart from when there is a lot of rain and sun, in which case, the growth rate is considerably more rapid.

Winter rye is a no go, unless there is a "x" in the month

A single malt, is the better.

And the only way to prevent "TD" is to keep DisneyFreak under close control, but as he's my drinking buddy, I don't want that to happen.

Hope this helps.

BTW (just to sort of return to the thread) I am not a fan of any tea that doesn't have milk in it, and is served in the finest English bone china (or my fave ToT mug).

Upvote 0

DisneyFreak

Originally posted by markymark

And the only way to prevent "TD" is to keep DisneyFreak under close control, but as he's my drinking buddy, I don't want that to happen.

Not to worry mark, this could never happen. And as for tea, the only kind I drink was originally from Long Island. :D

Upvote 0

mightyduck

Originally posted by disneycrazy
Mightyduck, it is pronounced Clempsun. This is a phenomenon that didn't register with me until I was in college. :)

Ah, yes, I did notice that....sounds like a disease, though... ;)Besides, Wahlhaller is more fun to say. ;)

Upvote 0

Tink

Originally posted by Maria
Thank God we are served Nestea at Friday´s here... sweet and refillable... why wouldn´t it be sweet? Who drinks it and really likes it unsweetened? ;)

In answer to your question, I do!:) I think that sweetened iced tea is too sweet. I drink it unsweetened with a lot of lemon. Other times, I like a packet of sugar and a packet of Sweet & Low (never Equal!) in my iced tea. But I am sure "Sweetea" is different than the mixes they use up here as sweetened iced tea.:)

Upvote 0

DisneyFreak

Originally posted by mightyduck

Well, you know we think alike... ;)

Great minds usually do.

Now this is an iced tea! (no sweetner necessary)

3/4 ounce vodka
3/4 ounce gin
3/4 ounce white rum
3/4 ounce tequila
3/4 ounce white whiskey
3/4 ounce triple sec (never Cointreau - bla)
1 ounce lemon juice
and a spalsh of coke for color

Upvote 0

mightyduck

Originally posted by Tink

In answer to your question, I do!:) I think that sweetened iced tea is too sweet. I drink it unsweetened with a lot of lemon. Other times, I like a packet of sugar and a packet of Sweet & Low (never Equal!) in my iced tea. But I am sure "Sweetea" is different than the mixes they use up here as sweetened iced tea.:)

Much different, but much better...and you wouldn't like it....much sweeter... :)

Upvote 0

Tink

Originally posted by DisneyFreak

Great minds usually do.

Now this is an iced tea! (no sweetner necessary)...

Yeah, baby! :D Now we're talking! A splash of creme de menthe is good in it too. When you go on your cruise, you guys should fill up your special cruise mug with that!

Upvote 0

DisneyFreak

Yeah, baby! :D Now we're talking! A splash of creme de menthe is good in it too. When you go on your cruise, you guys should fill up your special cruise mug with that!

Tink those mugs are like 32oz! :eek: :cool: Here's a girl that knows how to party!:D ;)

Upvote 0

DisneyFreak

Well, you'll be sharing with a duck and a mermaid so...;)

Long Island Ice Tea, a beautiful Mermaid, a gorgeous duck and a damn fine looking K9. Hmmmm......send the pictures to the enquirer because they haven't seen anything like this before. ;)

Upvote 0

mightyduck

Originally posted by DisneyFreak

Long Island Ice Tea, a beautiful Mermaid, a gorgeous duck and a damn fine looking K9. Hmmmm......send the pictures to the enquirer because they haven't seen anything like this before. ;)
Woohoo! I bet no one's ever seen anything like this before... ;)

Upvote 0

Stellajack

Premium Member
RE: 'sweet ice tea'

For all of us born south of the Mason-Dixon line, tea is certainly sweetened during preparation rather than afterwards. Anything else is simply known as a 'tea-like beverage'. :)

Upvote 0

Lee L

You really know you are in the South when you can say "I would like tea please" and the wait person does not even ask if you want sweet or not or if you want iced or hot.

Upvote 0

chellnjr

Anyone else, especially those from NC, notice that Coke tastes different at Disney? I've always heard that Coke is sweeter in the South, but I never realized how different our Coke was. Disney should sell their Coke and our sweeter Coke! That would make me even more happy! :cool:

Upvote 0

CrisKennedy

Sweet tea not served in all restaurants in the South

I was born and raised in the South Carolina. And I was shocked when I came college in Charleston to find out that there are a few restaurants in Charleston that do NOT serve sweet tea at all.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom