PS4 Reviews! Your thoughts?

How do you like your PS4?

• Total voters

Matt7187

Original Poster
Hello all, and as I suspect you all know, the PS4 releases tomorrow, with many people waiting outside at Gamestop/ Walmart/ some store. Is anyone in line? If so, could you post a pic of the line from where you are? I am interested how long they are, since I'm not getting it until April. Anyway, post here whether the PS4 has exceeded your expectations or not. Please, don't turn this into a Xbox 1 vs. PS4 argument thread. Enjoy your gaming!

Bparso87

Don't have one waiting till next week. I am a fan of both consoles I will get a ps4 sometime next year. But man this has been a rough couple of days for ps4 I hope xbone does not have as many problems.

Voxel

President of Progress City
After using my PS4 since noon, I love it. The new controller feels great the systems runs amazingly and smooth. I also have a gaming desktop, but I will be doing more gaming on the ps4. Switching from game to messaging is quick and simple. I feel for those to go bad units, it happens. If you have any questions let me know.

Bparso87

After using my PS4 since noon, I love it. The new controller feels great the systems runs amazingly and smooth. I also have a gaming desktop, but I will be doing more gaming on the ps4. Switching from game to messaging is quick and simple. I feel for those to go bad units, it happens. If you have any questions let me know.
Glad yours is working good. Have a couple friends who have not been able to play yet. I think play station will do great after they fix some bugs. Xbox 360 had a horrible launch too and that console did great.

Voxel

Glad yours is working good. Have a couple friends who have not been able to play yet. I think play station will do great after they fix some bugs. Xbox 360 had a horrible launch too and that console did great.

Did your friends by chance get their through Amazon? The one thing I have heard and notice is that a majority of the PS4 with issues came from Amazon.

Bparso87

Did your friends by chance get their through Amazon? The one thing I have heard and notice is that a majority of the PS4 with issues came from Amazon.
One from amazon 2 from best buy. They seem to have different issues two have no picture and one with no connection to PSN.

Voxel

One from amazon 2 from best buy. They seem to have different issues two have no picture and one with no connection to PSN.
Connection to PSN could be the PSN server https://support.us.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/237 it's been on and off line all day. Until they get more servers up then it will be one and off for a few days. And no picture sounds like bad HDMI port that sucks. I am sorry to hear that. ON my end i have 6 friends all with fine PS4. Its seems small but random ya know.

Bparso87

Connection to PSN could be the PSN server https://support.us.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/237 it's been on and off line all day. Until they get more servers up then it will be one and off for a few days. And no picture sounds like bad HDMI port that sucks. I am sorry to hear that. ON my end i have 6 friends all with fine PS4. Its seems small but random ya know.
Yea they said about 4% so bad luck with my friends lol. I don't like the server thing it happens all the time with stuff look at GTA this should not happen they knew how many ppl ordered it and that it has a day one update and games have day one updates to.

Voxel

Yea they said about 4% so bad luck with my friends lol. I don't like the server thing it happens all the time with stuff look at GTA this should not happen they knew how many ppl ordered it and that it has a day one update and games have day one updates to.

It happens, sadly. I work in the technology industry, in fact I do a lot of work with servers and breaking them though on smaller scales, there could be a few things we never know going on, They may have enough servers,but not enough download bandwidth to take all the users signing on at once. They have the brand with, That PS4 update was quick to download and so were most of the demos, so I am leaning towards a bottleneck from everyone signing in at the same time.. I have a feeling you will see them come back on tonight when less people are on.

Bparso87

It happens, sadly. I work in the technology industry, in fact I do a lot of work with servers and breaking them though on smaller scales, there could be a few things we never know going on, They may have enough servers,but not enough download bandwidth to take all the users signing on at once. They have the brand with, That PS4 update was quick to download and so were most of the demos, so I am leaning towards a bottleneck from everyone signing in at the same time.. I have a feeling you will see them come back on tonight when less people are on.
Yea I know it happens I think it sucks though when u spend that much I know it will happen to me next Thursday night with my xbox.

disney fan 13

Things I love:
-Controller: Coming from the 360, it feels a lot more comfortable, and is in a entirely different league compared to the DS3.
-OS: Smooth transitioning between apps, very beautiful layout, and nearly instantaneous snapping from gaming to Dashboard and back to gaming.
-Exterior: Very nice looking compared to My 360 slim and PS3 fat.
-Graphics: Definite step up in launch games alone, Greatness awaits! :)
-PSN: A large improvement from the PS3 and IMO, now in the same league as XBL (Though continued free games and $10 cheaper a year puts it above it IMO.)
-Browser: Most likely the best Internet browser on consoles.
-2O14 and Beyond exclusives: Again, Greatness Awaits! :)

Things I did not like:
Day 1: Backed up and often down servers and the inability to download the Day 1 update until much later due to server congestion made it slightly frustrating.
Day 1 Games: While the multiplats make up for it, the day one exclusives are lacking, though Resogun, Warframe, and the KZ multiplayer are very enjoyable and highly recommended from me.

Recommendation: In my opinion, this is the next gen console to have for the next 5-6 years. (My estimation as to how long this generation will last.) Though if you do not already have one, I wouldn't be in a major rush to pick one up until the Infamous: Second Son Bundle comes out.

Matt7187

Original Poster
Ok, I just got mine today! I only have Madden right now, but so far I like it, I really love the controller though. Great graphics

disney fan 13

So... How's everyones feelings on the PS4, I'd say that my previous statement still stands, and with AAA drought almost over, This is going to be a great year to be a gamer!

erasure fan1

So... How's everyones feelings on the PS4, I'd say that my previous statement still stands, and with AAA drought almost over, This is going to be a great year to be a gamer!
Just curious, what will make this a great year for PS4 in your eyes? As far as I can see the best game line up for 2014 is for the 360/ps3. I have looked at the release lists for both the PS4 and Xbox one and neither have any must have AAA system sellers for the foreseeable future (for myself anyway). I so want to jump into the next gen but I can't really justify it. Not with the offerings either side have. I really hope E3 brings some major news on both sides that we haven't seen before.

disney fan 13

Just curious, what will make this a great year for PS4 in your eyes? As far as I can see the best game line up for 2014 is for the 360/ps3. I have looked at the release lists for both the PS4 and Xbox one and neither have any must have AAA system sellers for the foreseeable future (for myself anyway). I so want to jump into the next gen but I can't really justify it. Not with the offerings either side have. I really hope E3 brings some major news on both sides that we haven't seen before.

-Driveclub
-Order 1886
-Infamous: Second Son

Then the muliplats that, while some on this list will be on last gen consoles, they will look like ****

-Wolfenstein
-Destiny
-Watch Dogs
-Dying light
-Planetside 2
-The Division
-Mad Max
-Outlast
-Thief
-The Witcher 3
-Tomb Raider

Then all the indies like Octodad, The Witness, Don't Starve etc

Great year with a lot of new IP's

Last edited:

Voxel

-Driveclub
-Order 1886
-Infamous: Second Son

Then the muliplats that, while some on this list will be on last gen consoles, they will look like ****

-Wolfenstein
-Destiny
-Watch Dogs
-Dying light
-Planetside 2
-The Division
-Mad Max
-Outlast
-Thief
-The Witcher 3
-Tomb Raider

Then all the indies like Octodad, The Witness, Don't Starve etc

Great year with a lot of new IP's
Dear lord. Tomb Raider on the PS4 looks amazing. I am currently playing it now and its amazing.

Voxel

tomb_raider_PS4PS3-590x330.jpg

SirLink

Console didn't meet expectations lots of features on OS side got sidelined. I know and understand the reasons behind it, but they shouldn't of talked those features up.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom