Pros/cons Swan & Dolphin

dave&di

Original Poster
Stayed at both hotels over the years. My preference is the SWAN because it's smaller, and more charming. I like how both hotels are close together so that you can enjoy restaurants, and pools in either one. The location between EPCOT and DHS is great, too.

I never minded the bus service -- about the same as any Disney resort going to/from the various parks. Although they may host conventions at both hotels at various times during the year, it's never been an issue or interfered with any of my visits.
Thanks for your input. Itā€™s definitely a pro that you can used either facilities. Weā€™ve had bad experiences with buses at every WDW resort weā€™ve stayed at so as you say itā€™s the same as any other resort. Apparently the Dolphin has a bigger convention space but I donā€™t think I would find it a problem šŸ¤”. Iā€™m still undecided about which of the 2 to stay at. Iā€™ve got a whole year to decide! šŸ˜ (Trip is 2022 but want to book a year in advance).

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Thanks for your input. Itā€™s definitely a pro that you can used either facilities. Weā€™ve had bad experiences with buses at every WDW resort weā€™ve stayed at so as you say itā€™s the same as any other resort. Apparently the Dolphin has a bigger convention space but I donā€™t think I would find it a problem šŸ¤”. Iā€™m still undecided about which of the 2 to stay at. Iā€™ve got a whole year to decide! šŸ˜ (Trip is 2022 but want to book a year in advance).

I will say that the room views tend to be better as a whole, from the Dolphin, versus the Swan. Again, each hotel has its individual pros and cons. :)

dave&di

Original Poster
I will say that the room views tend to be better as a whole, from the Dolphin, versus the Swan. Again, each hotel has its individual pros and cons. :)
Good to know, thanks. We would be looking to book a view, e.g parks or crescent lake. So far I think the Dolphin is winning!

NelleBelle

Stayed at both hotels over the years. My preference is the SWAN because it's smaller, and more charming. I like how both hotels are close together so that you can enjoy restaurants, and pools in either one. The location between EPCOT and DHS is great, too.

I never minded the bus service -- about the same as any Disney resort going to/from the various parks. Although they may host conventions at both hotels at various times during the year, it's never been an issue or interfered with any of my visits.
I had no idea you could use either pool! We plan to try staying there as we're Marriott points (had reservations last time but decided to try out DVC instead).

BASS

I have stayed at the Dolphin on many, many occasions. I definitely recommend it. The resort fee does sting a bit, but even with that factored in, you can usually find some really, really good rates. IMO, in terms of what you get, I find the Dolphin very fairly priced in comparison to some of the other Disney hotels.

Like others have mentioned, it is a bit more "adult-ish" but that's welcome to the extent that a break from the zany parks is needed. Also, the dining at the hotel + the neighboring boardwalk area is IMO the best in the park. I also like that there is boat service to HS and Epcot. (I personally loathe the buses!) The walk to Epcot in particular is quite manageable. Pool is great too. Do it!

dave&di

Original Poster
I have stayed at the Dolphin on many, many occasions. I definitely recommend it. The resort fee does sting a bit, but even with that factored in, you can usually find some really, really good rates. IMO, in terms of what you get, I find the Dolphin very fairly priced in comparison to some of the other Disney hotels.

Like others have mentioned, it is a bit more "adult-ish" but that's welcome to the extent that a break from the zany parks is needed. Also, the dining at the hotel + the neighboring boardwalk area is IMO the best in the park. I also like that there is boat service to HS and Epcot. (I personally loathe the buses!) The walk to Epcot in particular is quite manageable. Pool is great too. Do it!
Thanks for your input, I agree with everything! Dolphin is the one weā€™re leaning towards, we have worked out that even with the Resort fee is still a great price. I am a bit sad about the lack of ā€˜Disneyā€™ but to be fair on past trips sometimes constant ā€˜Disneyā€™ could be overwhelming so it may be a welcome break šŸ¤ž. The dining options at the resort and the boardwalk is also another factor weā€™re planning on staying there. Another major factor is the buses! After 9 years away I donā€™t think weā€™d have the patience!
Another reason I have yet to mention is lack of ā€œMouse keepingā€ that seems to be the norm at WDW resorts at the moment. I have always found the standards are below par, now the service has been reduced I certainly donā€™t want to pay WDW resort prices, I know there is an ongoing thread on this so thatā€™s probably the best place to moan! šŸ˜

BASS

Thanks for your input, I agree with everything! Dolphin is the one weā€™re leaning towards, we have worked out that even with the Resort fee is still a great price. I am a bit sad about the lack of ā€˜Disneyā€™ but to be fair on past trips sometimes constant ā€˜Disneyā€™ could be overwhelming so it may be a welcome break šŸ¤ž. The dining options at the resort and the boardwalk is also another factor weā€™re planning on staying there. Another major factor is the buses! After 9 years away I donā€™t think weā€™d have the patience!
Another reason I have yet to mention is lack of ā€œMouse keepingā€ that seems to be the norm at WDW resorts at the moment. I have always found the standards are below par, now the service has been reduced I certainly donā€™t want to pay WDW resort prices, I know there is an ongoing thread on this so thatā€™s probably the best place to moan! šŸ˜

I wouldn't even worry about the "lack of Disney." You're going to get your fill of it one way or the other! Besides, you're in prime location to see the fireworks every night + a quick walk away from the boardwalk so you can get your fill at your heart's content.

dave&di

Original Poster
I wouldn't even worry about the "lack of Disney." You're going to get your fill of it one way or the other! Besides, you're in prime location to see the fireworks every night + a quick walk away from the boardwalk so you can get your fill at your heart's content.
Exactly! We just need to step out of the hotel and there it is! šŸŽ‰

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom