Proposing Sept 8th in WDW

BJones82

Original Poster
Hey everyone, I am planning on proposing on our third trip to WDW this fall. I was wondering if anyone had any experience with the intimate dinning experience at the Grand Floridian Resort? I have it reserved for a night and think it will be great but there is not much information out there because there is only one reservation allowed each night and it can be on the higher end when it comes to price.

Really excited to go and thanks for the info in advance!!

My next Trip to WDW  

GrumpySue

Are you having the private dinner on the balcony ??? My husband suprised me with that for our 10th Anniversary and they did a great job. The food was excellent, the table and floor were covered in rose petals, and the best was the great view to watch the fireworks. It was wondeful !!

BJones82

Original Poster
Are you having the private dinner on the balcony ??? My husband suprised me with that for our 10th Anniversary and they did a great job. The food was excellent, the table and floor were covered in rose petals, and the best was the great view to watch the fireworks. It was wondeful !!

We are :) I have been having second thoughts reading these forums because so many stories are more spontaneous and in front of Photopass people but we tend to be more private and I have to keep telling myself that this is the best option as something special for us though I think she is expecting it just based on little comments she has made about our trip lol :/

GrumpySue

I highly reccomend it, you have the whole balcony to yourself and a private server who is very attentive without being intrusive. It was a night I will always remember, don't worry it will be great !! And PERFECT for a proposal !!!

sls19

That sounds amazing! Which restaurant is the food from?

My husband was planning to propose at the end of our Victoria and Albert's meal (the server's said they would bring the ring on a covered platter) but he thought I would scream (he was right) and he didn't want to disrupt everyone's meal. He ended up proposing right outside on the beach and it was perfect!

We have been back to V&A's to celebrate our 1st, 5th and 10th anniversaries.

Good luck!

BJones82

Original Poster
I am not sure what restaurant the food is from. It is a custom menu and I had to send in our menu selection and drink choices more than a month in advance. They also had to customize the menu because my girlfriend is a vegetarian but they gave us a tone of options for each coarse for that that were not on the menu. I thought about V & A just we tend to be more private and I know she wouldn't like everyone in the restaurant being part of our moment lol.

My next Trip to WDW  

BJones82

Original Poster
Hey All sorry for the late post I know it has been a while sense I was at Disney World things have been moving fast :) She said yes, I ended up proposing in Canada where the weddings are held instead of the dinner it was too obvious and I wanted her to be surprised so dinner was a celebration instead. We walked back to look at the waterfall and view overlooking O'Canada and I knelt down and proposed and we were completely alone which was awesome considering we were in the middle of Epcot. An Asian family walked up as she was saying yes and even though they spoke no English they started clapping and took our picture in our "I didn't prepare" $10 Disney World ponchos we bought at The Sea with Nemo and Friends.

The trip was amazing and we will never forget any of it but the most amazing part was during the Fantasy Parade at MK Daisy walked up to her because of our pins and got mad at Donald for never proposing to her which in turn he got mad at me for making him look bad. It was a lot of fun and a great experience we will always have.

Now we are moving on to planning our Disney World Wedding for next October which I'm sure will come faster than we expect it to :)

Thank you to everyone for your support and As soon as I can I will get a picture up here too :)

BJones82

Original Poster
engaged.jpg
Here is an image from the following day when we decided to tell all of our friends about it :) We wanted a day where it was just us who knew :)

mouse_luv

Congrats again! I say again because DBF and I were in the parks same time as you and your fiancee. From seeing your picture I know you are the couple we congratulated there! :)

BJones82

Original Poster
Congrats again! I say again because DBF and I were in the parks same time as you and your fiancee. From seeing your picture I know you are the couple we congratulated there! :)

Thanks once again :) The cast members and even guests do an amazing job of making you feel special even though I'm sure every day dozens of couple get engaged in Disney World... It is just one of those amazing things that make Disney special :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom