Proposed to or Honeymooned at WDW

debndon

Who has been proposed to or spent they're honeymoon at disneyworld, and what made it SO SPECIAL.

I had planned to propose to my wife in front of cinderella's castle on our first trip down, but flying from canada into the U.S I knew I would have to go through customs and I couldn't take the chance of them making pull anything out of my pockets (ring). I was so nervous I proposed on the plane over new york city. The flight crew couldn't believe all the women on the plane made their way up to see the ring. One of our flight crew had called our resort and told them what had happened. (all star music). When we arrived at check in they greeted us with a plush mickey and minnie.

jesserin

We spent 12 days in WDW on our honeymoon two Decembers ago - and found that the magic of Disney really does touch everyone... We had something special happen each of the days we were there... and the funny thing is - very few people knew it was our honeymoon... no mickey top hats for us. We just wanted to relax and enjoy our time in the world - but one of my fellow agents had called ahead (I had a copy of all our PS arrangements saved on our computer at work) and told the Dining rep to put a honeymoon/TA note on each of our dining PS's - So every time we sat down for dinner we had a suprise waiting - at the Garden Grill they suprised us with the "rehitchin ceremony" at the Cali Grill it was a Chocolate Volcano with Congratulations Honeymooners written in chocolate, at the Sci-Fi Cafe it was a "Just Married" sign that went across the bumper of our car... and as it turned out the family we sat with had so much fun with us throughout the meal (you can only imagine the attention we got with that sign! :)) - they paid our check and gave us 4 Fast Passes to TOT (my favorite!) Then back at the hotel we received a card and photo from Mickey and Minnie - showing their wedding duds and wishing us well... and then each day our MouseKeeper would place our "souvineer" (Rehitchin Certificate, Sci-FI wedding banner, M&M photo, etc.) in the Window of our room - by the time we left we had filled the window with wonderful honeymoon memories... and many of the hotel guests would greet us when we came out of our room with congratulations and a good laugh! All in all honeymooning in WDW turned out to be the best trip we have ever taken!

Upvote 0

PuertoRekinSam

I actually asked my girlfriend to marry me last Tuesday at Walt Disney World. It started Monday night, I have been busy with work, she has been busy with work, not to mention she is in a community theater and that is taking up a lot of her time lately as well. She got home from rehersal Monday night to find a note and a rose on her bed. Basicly telling her I love her, miss her, and since she is off tomorrow night, I will be taking her out to dinner. When she woke up, there were 2 new roses and a new note on her alarm clock. She has no idea how I got into her apt. or her bed room after she went to sleep. When she got to her car, there were 3 roses and a third note. When she got to work there were 4 and a fourth. Later that day when she got back from Lunch I had placed 5 roses and a fifth note on her desk. She thinks I have been working since 5:30 that morning, so she has no idea how I am doing this. I infact sent her an e-mail from my work account just to make it seem right. I met her at her office with the remainder of the 2 dozen roses. I told her we will only need to take one car, give me your keys. She asked why we were taking her car, and I said mine was low on gas. I drove her to the Polly. And we went to dinner at O'honnas. While at dinner I slid a little jewlery box to her side of the table and asked her to open it. When she did, there was confussion on her face, because I had vaccumm packed a babydoll tee shirt into the box. :) After dinner we went down to the beach to watch wishes. Before the show started I asked her if she knew what today was. I explained that 2 years ago, on this day, we ate together for the first time just the two of us. We were just friends at that time, but it's where it all started. And we ate at Kona Cafe, in the Polly. I then asked her if she would like to see a magic trick. She said, um... ok. I told her to hand me the box again. And she did. I told her the reason that we went to O'honna's for this dinner instead of Kona, is because O'Hanna's means family... and (slipping of the bench swing on to my knee in the sand, I opened the jewlerly box a second time this time revealing the ring box) I would like you to become a part of mine. She teared up, placed out her hand and gave me a muffled MMMMHMMMM!! After the fireworks, We got back into her car, and started to drive. She asked where I was going because I had missed the turn for her building. I said I know.... I drove us to the Animal Kingdom Lodge where I had a room (and the location of my car). Ealier in the day I set up Champaine on Ice with two champaine flutes which had our names engraved on them. I popped the cork, it flew up, hit the ceiling fan, and came back and almost hit her in the head. Woops...
Over all it was a magical experience

Upvote 0

littlered

We honeymooned in WDW in October 1992. It was my very first trip to WDW. My husband already loved WDW and was able to share everything with me as a first timer. Of course now I love it as much as he does and we are so excited about our next trip which is in 31 days.

Upvote 0

Pippa

Glen proposed to me at the Adventurers Club in 2000, I've told this story several times on other threads so I'll keep it short! We were staying at the CBR and every time we fancied refilling our resort mugs Glen made me go to the food court alone, liitle did I know he was on the phone to the AC arranging with the CMs the proposal. Then on the night of my birthday he popped the question right in the middle of the main salon, the CMs were wonderful and wiped out our bar bill that night and gave us a disposable camera to get some pictures as we hadn't brought our camera that night.

Our honeymoon is this year!! At WDW of course, getting married on October 15th and going to WDW a month later.

At this point I should fess up that in Oct 03 I met up with WannabeBelle at the AC and we said it was our honeymoon, well it wasn't, but here's why....
We originally had a wedding date set for July 26th 2003 with a delayed honeymoon that October, but due to Glens father suffering heart problems, my mum & dad splitting up temporarily and personal stuff as well we cancelled the wedding, but figured we could do with the holiday! So we were kind of imagining it was our honeymoon. So I didn't mean to fib:(

But good news is Glens dad is fine and my folks are fine so this time everything will be fabulous :sohappy:

Upvote 0

afr117

We spent our honeymoon in WDW in October of 1995. We were young and stupid, so we did the Honeymoon Grand Plan - a week at the Polynesian with three sit down meals a day. I think we may still be paying that off. One of the best memories I have was at the end of our reception as we were getting in the car, one of my new brothers in law (with no prompting) said "Hey you just got married - where are you going next?" You all know the answer ;)

Upvote 0

Laura

Premium Member
We did the land and sea Disney Cruise in 1999 for our honeymoon. What was most special to me was seeing my husband's reaction to everything. Until that point he had only been to Disney once in his life and had never been on a cruise. So he was just blown away. He talked nonstop about how awesome it was for years afterwards (still talks about it LOL). It was also special to me because we had gotten married quickly in April 99 (our 6th anniversary is on Sunday), and then right after the wedding he took off on a 6 month deployment and spent a month of that in Kosovo and was in a few firefights and had bullets miss his head by inches. I was just so thankful to have him back safely that it even outweighed the Disney magic for me.

This was the first trip to Disney that I had planned (instead of my dad) and in 1999 I was not very internet savvy so we were very unprepared and just randomly did whatever, made Priority Seatings by walking up to the windows, etc. But it was still fun. Now I can't even imagine going to Disneyworld without doing at least 100 hours of planning LOL.

Upvote 0

sully96

proposal "words"

SpenceMan01 said:
I've read countless stories of proposals and no guys ever seem to remember what they say when they hit their knee. :p

I just said "Since we're in the happiest place in the world, I wanted to know if you would make me the happiest man in the world" sniff, sniff.

Then she ran away. Last seen heading towards Tommorrow Land.

She said yes. We have 2 little Cinderella's 1 & 2 1/2 yrs old. Planning on a 2008 trip, so they will remember it, and we can save for it.

Our story: (I'll try to be brief)

Flew in from Boston (with the ring in my pocket the whole time). We were visiting my brother so he came along. The empty ring box (for later presentation) was in his back pack & I had the ring. Well somehow she got the pack & was looking for film or something. My brother & I were across Main St. at Casey's when I saw her obviously notice the box in the pack. To her credit she didn't open it, not that there was anything in it. This was early in the day, so she was just waiting & waiting, thinking I didn't notice her see the box. Well she was mistaken, I let the whole day go by. She later later told me she was anxious, nervous, happy, and in wonderment about what I was waiting for. At the parade that night, while sitting on the curb, I pretended to look for something in the back pack & pulled out the box. "This was it" she thought, but I calmly asked my brother who's box this was. His pre-planned response was that it was for his college hockey ring on his finger. Well she was not happy, and tried not to show it. She was afraid to tell me her story for fear of making me upset. So we watched the whole parade and I have to admit while it was fun setting her up, it was killing me knowing how upset she felt. To make a long story, well, even longer, we went to the castle to take a photo and I got down on one knee. It was really cool even for me, the "guy" because everyone seemed to form a semi-circle around us and applauded. The video is great to have & we watch it occasionaly. Anyway thanks for letting me share this experience.

Upvote 0

dcsmokey

April 27th, 2003

My wife and I decided to get married 6 weeks prior to the actual date (as close to eloping as we could get). It was a no brainer for us to choose WDW as the location of our wedding since we "fell in love" at WDW.

We received our "checklist" from the Disney wedding planners and all we had to do was choose what we wanted, find a dress, rent a tux and buy our rings. We invited immediate family only and got married at Sunset Point on the Beach of the Polynesian.

Immediate family left the next day (thank god) which gave us plenty of time to enjoy the parks and perhaps the most intimate resort (in our opinion) on the property - Riverside.

We wore the wedding ears for a couple days, but then abandoned them as we're kinda private people - wearing the ears you can't take two steps without someone saying something (which isn't a bad thing, but since I'm a "public" person because of my job - a little privacy is nice now and then).

The day before our wedding (note the date falls within the Epcot Flower Show) we bought that years poster and had it signed by the artist as a keepsake.

The whole experience was to coin a word "magical". Between the special treatment at every place we ate to our room being stuffed with "towel animals", I doubt we could have had a better experience even if we had gone ahead with the full blown "church" wedding with a hundred bridesmaids and groomsmen - which is what our folks were expecting LOL.

Our first dance as a married couple happened at The Hoop Dee Doo Review - now that's something we'll never forget. The California Grill served as our reception site and 1900 Park Faire was our choice for the morning of (thank god for complimentary mimosas!!).

Now, as we approach our second anniversary, we're planning out third trip since we've been married - WDW always seems to recharge our lives - My wife says the thing she loves best about WDW is that it's the place we hold hands the most!

Upvote 0

DiPSU224

I got engaged November 30, 2004 on our last trip down there. It was our third trip down there together. Ever since I was a little girl, I always dreamed that I would be proposed to in front of the castle. For the months leading up to our trip, I was getting really ansty about getting engaged since we were going on 4 years and all of my friends had just gotten married the past summer. He knows Wishes is my favorite fireworks show, so he waited until the end when the Blue Fairy says "Remember, we must always believe in our wishes, for they are the magic in the world. Now, lets all put our hearts together, and make a wish come true." He knew that was my favorite part. When she said that, I felt him walk beside me and I looked over and he was on his knee. He said something about wishes and for me to make his wish come true. I can't remember everything he said because I was so shocked and speechless, but I remember bits and pieces. People clapped and congratulated us when the show was over. It was the most perfect moment in my life. :sohappy:

Upvote 0

manda0125

Proposed to at WDW

J Sulley said:
I proposed in front of Cinderella's castle when my girlfriend and I made our first trip to Disney World together. It was the first day of the trip and the Magic Kingdom had the extra hour of magic opening in the morning.

We walked straight down Main Street toward the castle, her eyes glowing with excitement. Her last and only trip had been in 86' (this was in 2003, by the way) and I have been every year since 1997!

Anyways, I told her he HAD to do the traditional picture with the statue, then pass behind it for the pic in front of the castle. When we got directly in front of the Castle, I had asked a family (dad, mom, and young daughter) to take our pic (wink, wink). I asked my girlfriend to go up and "save our" spot while I explained (not hard) the camera. I quickly told them that I was about to propose and the women looked like she was going to cry. They were clearly excited and happy. I...I was nervous and excited and happy...you get the picture.

So I walked up and just as we were posing for the pic, I turned toward her and hit he knee. Of course I said a few things that I can't remember, but I do recall that it was just us two....it seemed like we were the only two in the world. After the tears of joy and the answer to the big question (yes, thank-you) we turned around to about 40-50 people appaulding, smiling even a couple of still and video cameras going.

We have the picture in the "castle frame", which is perfect given the backdrop of the real pic. And now my "princess" will always have her castle and know the EXACT spot that I proposed and we have returned to that spot and shared a special moment every return trip!!!

It was December 29th, 2003. If you were there, I would love to here if you remember...Thanks!!!

My Fiance did the exact same thing on Jan 25 (my birthday) Only he waited till at night after Wishes. He went up to some stranger and asked to take a picture of us infront of the castle (he also told him that he was going to ask me to marry him) He came up to me and got down on one knee and asked!!! I was so surprised, and I love the fact that I have a picture of the moment. It's priceless!!! We are going back down in June to make wedding plans and I can't wait to go stand in "our spot" and remember!!!

Upvote 0

agdbeanie

Honeymooned there in May 2001. We stayed at Port Orleans (now referred to as Port Orleans-French Quarter) because we met in New Orleans and we thought it would be romantic. Of course it was wonderful. We had a king bed room facing the water (sort of-it was a corner room). It is still our favorite resort (but Grand Floridian is a close second)!
The mousekeepers left us an autographed Mickey & Minnie wedding picture and a white chocolate Mickey and Minnie (yum). The waiter at Tony's made us kiss in front of everyone after they all sang to us. We bought ALL of our ride pictures from the trip for extra memories in addition to the many rolls of film. That was before we bought our digital camera. We bought the mouse ears but didn't wear them around, we posed for a picture by the fountain of our resort on the way out though. Now the ears are displayed on a shelf in our bedroom. We figured they'd stay nice that way and we didn't want to draw too much attention to ourselves.
We go to WDW a lot, usually 3+ times a year, but we haven't been since last May because our son was born in June and he's a little young yet, but we're taking my students on a field trip to MK for one day in May so it will sort of be his first trip. His first real trip will be when it comes time for that first haircut. He'll get that on Main Street USA.

Upvote 0

LpMcQuack

Spent our Honeymoon on property @ the Polynesian. Felt like royalty everytime we left our room, especially since we bought the bride and groom mouse ears. The only way to see WDW. CMs, characters and park guests were incredibly wonderful to us, a feeling we'll never forget. Even joked to my wife that when we return for a visit down the road, I wanted us to wear the ears again just because I loved the attention we were getting.

Upvote 0

Disnycrazy

My husband and I Honeymooned in WDW in November 2003. We were actually married October 19 but we wanted to be in WDW when it was decorated for the holidays. It was absolutely the best trip in fact it was the first trip that we had taken together. We stayed at CBR and everything was wonderful we had everything planned out so we were able to do everything we wanted to do. The following year for our First Anniversary my husband surprised me with a package which had all our trip details for WDW for that November as a Second Honeymoon and it was just as magical. We have been back to Disney each year since our Honeymoon and we are actually planning a fay trip to Disney this November when we drive to Florida to visit family. It is only a day but I couldn't go to Florida and not go to Disney at least once. I will be able to go more often when my husband and I relocate to Florida in February 2006. :sohappy:

Upvote 0

debndon

Original Poster
This is so awesome, I love all the stories. On our honeymoon we had special t-shirts made up. We decided to eat at cinderella's royal table for breakfast. Our server Lady Rosalyn, who was fabulous, gave us a pair of cinderella's table champagne glasses, we were knighted king donald and queen debbie. It was amazing, but what impressed us most was later that week. We took the keys to the kingdom tour and down in the tunnels we came across lady rosalyn in her street clothes, we waved to her and she immediately came over and said hi to us, but she also apologized because "she" felt she ruined the magic for us by seeing her out of costume. When I returned home I wrote a letter to disney about what she had done and I found out she was awarded the special service pin.

Upvote 0

diddy_mouse

i was engaged on May 17th 2004. it was the first real vacation we took together (of course WDW is the best place to start!) and we were both excited...little did i know he had something up his sleeve. it was the first day, after checking in, we hopped a bus to the Contemporary then jumped a monorail to the Magic Kingdom. after taking various pictures, we then made our way up Main Street. we decided to take the traditional photo in front of the "Partners" statue. i went over to the bench to get in position, i leaned down to put down my camera and as soon as i look up, he has the maroon box in his hand, grinning from ear to ear. i start crying of course...then he goes down to one knee and says: "will you marry me?" i laugh/cried "yes!!" and there was applause from the crowd. the thing that made it special was that a stranger took a sequence of photos, from the moment my fiance pulled out the box to our kiss and finally a nice picture of us hugging.

the wedding is Oct. 8th and we leave for our honeymoon at POFQ on the 9th!

Upvote 0

RedGear

snif snif *tear*

Reading these stories makes me so happy for everyone else! I am going to disney world in 27 days and it would be great if my boyfriend proposed to me! That would be a dream come true!!! Congrats to everyone who got engaged and married/ honeymooned at disney! Maybe sometime next year (or years) that will be me!!!:)

Upvote 0

cj2me

On our trip last year we saw a couple get engaged in Cindy's castle. We were actually finished with our dinner and were getting ready to leave when we say the host come by our table with a video camera. I asked him what was goign on and he said there was goign to be a proposal, we couldnt leave after he said that. The guy went to whole nine yards, he bought the glass slipper and put the ring inside. I swear the entire restaurant was looking at the table and the girl had no idea. When she finally said yes, we all started crying, in the table next to us asked my Aunt if she new her becuase my Aunt was crying so hard, she said no I jsut wish my sons would do this. It was so beautiful. I went home and told my husband i was already planning our daughters wedding at Disney (He didnt go, it was girls weekend and by the way my daughter will be 2 in May{ we're celebrating her BDAY at WDW})

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom