Proposed to or Honeymooned at WDW

debndon

Who has been proposed to or spent they're honeymoon at disneyworld, and what made it SO SPECIAL.

I had planned to propose to my wife in front of cinderella's castle on our first trip down, but flying from canada into the U.S I knew I would have to go through customs and I couldn't take the chance of them making pull anything out of my pockets (ring). I was so nervous I proposed on the plane over new york city. The flight crew couldn't believe all the women on the plane made their way up to see the ring. One of our flight crew had called our resort and told them what had happened. (all star music). When we arrived at check in they greeted us with a plush mickey and minnie.

tikiman

I took my girlfriend to WDW for the first time for the July 4th week and the morning after we got there we walked over to the TTC and this is what she found on our walk.

proposal photo

I had purchased the ring about 9 months before and when Christmas and New Years past without me asking her to marry me she was getting worried since I had ourchased a house for us but I did not look like I was going to commit to her. Well the brick was something I had ordered 10 months before and I was glad it was close to where we were staying (at the Polynesian).

We had returned on the 4th of July for our Honeymoon the next year and our Anniversary.

It was hard to keep a secret from everyone for so long but I had to so that she would not have any idea. It was worth it when she found the brick.

The funny thing is we got upgraded to concierge for free when we checked in and no one knew about the special event. After I gave her the ring everywhere we went we got free deserts and things in our room because we told the story to the conceirge CMs and everytime we made a PS they noted on the PS that we got engaged.

It was a great way for her to see WDW for the first time and every time back to the Polynesian and WDW just gets better.

Aloha

Steve

Upvote 0

Disneyfan1981

I spent my honeymoon in WDW last June and had an amazing time. It rained hard the first couple of days but after that beautiful weather. We stayed at the Carribean Beach resort and it was the first time staying on property which made it a little more special but what made it really special is we wore the Mickey Wedding Ears all trip and received a lot of attention, free stuff and even pulled up on stage at a few shows! That was really cool.

Upvote 0

magicmom

Got engaged at EPCOT May of 1993, had fairytale wedding at GF January 29, 1994. Went to WDW 3 days before wedding with family to have fun and blow off steam then we stayed for honeymoon 4 days after.

Now we have 3 daughters (5, and 1 year old twins). The 5 year old has been 6 times since she was born and the twins have been twice. We are definitely a Disney family! The 5 year old watches our wedding video and is mad that she was not invited to the party!

Upvote 0

disneybride

I was proposed to in front of the castle at MVMCP while the fireworks were going off. IT was so wonderful. Brian and i loved disney so much that we ended up getting married there 2 years later on Dec 11th, 2005 at the Wilderness Lodge. We spent our honeymoon there also...there is nothing like disney. Everyone was so nice to us and we had a great time. we are going back this dec to spend our 1st anniversary at disney together. Can't wait!!!!:sohappy:
Amy

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom