Proposal Trip Video

CtDisneyGuy33

Thanks for all the nice comments everyone. It's nice that everyone enjoyed it so much. Sorry to those of you it made cry, but in all honesty it makes us cry too. We both came out of very difficult divorces that neither of us asked for and were at about rock bottom, so to see us both so happy now really means a lot to us because we've come so far. The parts where my fiancé is so happy really gets to me because I know how low she was.

Well .....that video showed that those sad days are done. What a great video!

Ok, forgive me - how did you take the video again? Extension? (It looked awesome!)

GetAPaperBag

Original Poster
Well .....that video showed that those sad days are done. What a great video!

Ok, forgive me - how did you take the video again? Extension? (It looked awesome!)

I had a GoPro camera on a collapsable pole mount. The pole gets down to about 16 inches, so it could fit in my cargo shorts pockets, but also extends to almost 3-4 feet. So we could extend it out and point it back at us. It was also useful for video of shows inside of a large crowd since I could extend the pole up above everyone. There's also no LCD screen on the back so it's less annoying to the people behind you.

CtDisneyGuy33

I had a GoPro camera on a collapsable pole mount. The pole gets down to about 16 inches, so it could fit in my cargo shorts pockets, but also extends to almost 3-4 feet. So we could extend it out and point it back at us. It was also useful for video of shows inside of a large crowd since I could extend the pole up above everyone. There's also no LCD screen on the back so it's less annoying to the people behind you.

Awesome - more toys for our trip in September. I didnt spring for a camera last trip and just stayed with the Iphone, but the pics were so-so. That video was awesome- I have to try this now.

Again- great video and thanks for the info on the camera.

GetAPaperBag

Original Poster
Awesome - more toys for our trip in September. I didnt spring for a camera last trip and just stayed with the Iphone, but the pics were so-so. That video was awesome- I have to try this now.

Again- great video and thanks for the info on the camera.

You're welcome. If you make a video make sure you share. I'd love to see it! I didn't find the GoPro annoying or distracting really. The lack of an LCD screen means you just point it in the right direction and hope for the best. The wide angle means you get what you want most times anyway. I think if it had an LCD screen I'd spend more time looking at it, so I actually prefer that it doesn't. I got so used to carrying it around recording us we pretty much forgot about it.

mrdrift

Congrats on the proposal. The video was really awesome and some that you can cherish for the rest of your lifes.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom