Proposal Suggestions

wild01ride

Original Poster
Well, some people here on the boards have prompted me to ask, where would one suggest I propose to the love of my life at WDW?

Here's the background: She and I will be going to WDW w/ my parents and staying at a DVC Villa at the Boardwalk in Feb. of 2004 (a ways off, I know!). She has been to DL and DLP for a day each, but never to WDW, so this will be her first trip and it will be much different than her previous experiences (we'll be there for 8 days)

I am a true Disneyholic and she has no idea what the experience will truly be like when she gets there.
Also, I am a romantic, so despite my Disney spirit, I'm not interested in proposing on PotC or anything like that.

I personally love enjoying the ambiance of World Showcase and think that it may yield some great opportunities.

What suggestions have you all from either your experience or your ideas?

Thanks so much!

ToTBellHop

Originally posted by wild01ride
Well, some people here on the boards have prompted me to ask, where would one suggest I propose to the love of my life at WDW?

Here's the background: She and I will be going to WDW w/ my parents and staying at a DVC Villa at the Boardwalk in Feb. of 2004 (a ways off, I know!). She has been to DL and DLP for a day each, but never to WDW, so this will be her first trip and it will be much different than her previous experiences (we'll be there for 8 days)

I am a true Disneyholic and she has no idea what the experience will truly be like when she gets there.
Also, I am a romantic, so despite my Disney spirit, I'm not interested in proposing on PotC or anything like that.

I personally love enjoying the ambiance of World Showcase and think that it may yield some great opportunities.

Thanks so much!

Well, my brother-in-law proposed to my sister during dinner at one of the restaurants around world showcase, but even more Magical would be to get reservations at one of those restaurants during IllumiNations--or, my personal favorite, dining inside Cinderella Castle during Fantasy in the Sky...if you call up Disney, they will pretty much do anything you want them to do if you are willing to dish out sometimes exorbitant amounts of money (you know Disney). Have fun!

disney30253

Well, you like the World Showcase and I personally think that proposing during IllumiNations would be very romantic. It almost sounds like a scene from a movie. Maybe you can get some of the CM's or people around involved too. Whatever you decide I hope all goes well. You seem to be pretty creative and romantic so I'm sure you'll think of something good. Who knows, it may work out better if you don't make definite plans and let things happen as they happen. :goodnevil

Best of luck!

Pippa

I was proposed to at WDW in 2000 at the Adventurers Club at PI, my now fiance was contacting the club while I was refilling our resort mugs! The cast members made a big fuss of us they even gave us a disposable camera to capture the event!!! Best of all they wiped out our bar bill at the end of the night saying congratulations its on us! I don't know if this is your sort of thing but I thought you might like to hear about it and I have to say it was fantastic!

westie

My wife and I had our first trip together as boyfriend and girlfriend to DL. Less than a year later we returned and I proposed to her at the Blue Bayou restaurant next to PotC. I received a standing ovation, no bills were paid in my favor though. We returned again a year later to be wed in DL. We are both of course Disneyites. Good luck!

<---Look, little souvenir!!!

Tim G

Originally posted by wild01ride

Thanks so much!

Depending how much money you want to spend on this occasion.
There's a special site who will take care of it, in a way jou never can, they're quite amazing...

http://www.giftsofalifetime.com/iloveyou.html

There the very best..
And a good value for money too..
But as I said before.. It all depends how much money you want to spend

AliciaLuvzDizne

well first off... is she a very private person? maybe you would like to propose in a quieter mannor if she is. i know personally, i wouldnt like the ENTIRE park watching... but a few people wouldnt be bad at all... so just keep that in mind

oh and btw... could you call my boyfriend and umm "SUGGEST" this to him
hehe!

Congrats!

wild01ride

Original Poster
I agree- I'm a little bit of a shy person myself and I wouldn't exactly want them to announce over the loudspeakers:
"Welcome to our presentation of Illuminations, and everyone direct your attention over there and look at these two people!"

Maybe a restaurant or on the waterfront before/during/after Illuminations?! It would be nice to have something special at the meal done by the CM's.

Even more, what do you think about trying to arrange something special in the room that night when we got back ("Congratulations" sign/letter, chocolates, something...)??

AliciaLuvzDizne

absolutely! have you all talked about marriage yet? you know...be sure before you celebrate ahead of time?
ive seen some birthday set ups at the resorts... they do some beautiful stuff! i bet a congrats on the engagement set up would be georgeous!
omg i am so excited for you! LOL (i need a life)

wild01ride

Original Poster
We have definitely talked about it, so the only surprise would be the timing. We've talked about it happening in the next year or so (we don't want to be engaged forever and we won't be in a position to get married for a year or so.

I hear ya on the wedding in WDW idea. I would absolutely love that, but for one, we don't want to spend Disney kind of wedding money and second, we are both set on a traditional wedding here (in Mich.) where as much family as possible will be able to attend. Grandma doesn't travel much these days and she is responsible for bringing the two of us together (that's a whole other story!), so she NEEDS to be there.

Fear not though- I have a good feeling that Mom and Dad will cough up a week or so of the timeshare for a honeymoon (and then she and I will be able to be alone!-not that I don't like my parents' company, but "ya know"!)

yensid66

I think that there are many romantic (and very quiet) places at the Polynesian Resort. The walkways around the gardens there are so nice and quiet. Also, you could go to the Polynesian under the idea that you would be going to see the nightly Electric Water Pageant that goes right by the Polynesian, and sit out on the beach waiting for it. I have gone there in February and there is never anyone out there watching it from there. So it would be private, very romantic, AND you can see Cinderella's Castle all lit up across the Bay.

Sir Hiss527

How about during Illuminations while eating in W:S? Or how about the dock by Seven Seas Lagoon at the Grand Floridian, during Fantasy in the Sky. Good Luck!

wild01ride

Original Poster
What is a good restaurant that would be in view of Illuminations in WS?

All I can think of that is right out there is Rose and Crown (not that I think that's a bad idea!).

Maria

I´ve always thought The Boardwalk was very quiet and romantic, so I would suggest doing it while walking around the promenade after dinner at one of the restaurants there. :animwink: What about after park closing, in front of the Fountain of Nations? That´s another romantic spot for me.... :animwink:

Good luck! :)

taholden

I have been cruising the boards about this same idea. I am going in December for 9 days with the love of my life and I think I have made my final decision. An illuminations cruise on the Breathless with just the two of us. It was my original idea before I started looking around on the boards and I think it is what I will stick with. The only issue will be the weather.

Hope this helps!

Tim

RU42

Well, have you thougth about one of the boats that you can book to watch Illuminations. Watch the show and then pop the question. They have a price, but not all that unreasonable. This is a once in a lifetime event.

The fountains at Italy are nice.

Some of the back streets at the UK.

Watching the MK fireworks from the Cal Grill in the Contemporary.

After the Luau at the Poly.

RU

Gucci65

My cousin proposed to his wife right before fireworks in the sky at Magic Kingdom. He set it up in advance. They were in some quiet garden in front of Cinderella's Castle. I'm not sure if he was kidding or not, but if I remember correctly Tinkerbell brought the
ring down when flying from the castle.

Congratulations !!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom